Author Topic: Who we need to draft  (Read 6677 times)

Re: Who we need to draft
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2017, 12:01:46 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
JONATHAN ISSAC
          OR
Jayson Tatum

The last thing we need is another PG. I think Issac and Tatum have star potential.

Issac can play SF/PF, dribble, shoot the 3,  block some shots, & is 6'10 w/ KD like length and athleticism

Tatum is 6'8, can dribble, shoot, and get to his spots to score.  He's money in the post

Isaac is not averaging top numbers and is raw physically. I would be delighted to pick him somewhere in the lotto but not as a top 3 pick. Tatum is not either scoring top numbers or helping his team win games on a consistent manner. Duke is losing to teams they should be beating

For me currently it's a race between picking Fultz or Jackson. The top two prospects of the draft. We draft either and we will be good to go

Triboy, i know you like Jackson, but you can't say one thing about one prospect and not another.

Isaac is averaging 13ppg on 52%, 35%, and 78% shooting splits. He is averaging 8 rpg, 1 apg, 1 spg, and 1 bpg.

Jackson is averaging 15 ppg on 49%, 24%, and 57% splits. He is averaging 7 rpg, 3 apg, 2 spg, and 1 bpg.

Their per-40 numbers are almost identical except for assists. Their advanced stats are almost identical, except that Jackson has a higher assist rate and usage rate and Isaac has a higher rebounding rate.

If you say Isaac is not putting up top numbers, then Jackson is not either.

On top of that Isaac's size and length are way better than Jackson's and could allow him to play both forward spots. Jackson's size and length are pretty average for an NBA player. Their athleticism is pretty comparable.

I'll admit that Jackson's fire, competitiveness, and alpha-dog mentality are better than Isaac's, but I'm not sure you want an alpha-dog shooting so poorly (I think this is why Tony Wroten can't find a spot in the NBA).

Isaac with 23 points, 10 rebounds, and 7 blocks against 15th ranked Notre Dame. He shot 7-9 from the floor, and was 2-2 from three and 7-7 from the free throw line.

5 turnovers was a lot, but this was an impressive game.

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2017, 05:46:56 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
JONATHAN ISSAC
          OR
Jayson Tatum

The last thing we need is another PG. I think Issac and Tatum have star potential.

Issac can play SF/PF, dribble, shoot the 3,  block some shots, & is 6'10 w/ KD like length and athleticism

Tatum is 6'8, can dribble, shoot, and get to his spots to score.  He's money in the post

Isaac is not averaging top numbers and is raw physically. I would be delighted to pick him somewhere in the lotto but not as a top 3 pick. Tatum is not either scoring top numbers or helping his team win games on a consistent manner. Duke is losing to teams they should be beating

For me currently it's a race between picking Fultz or Jackson. The top two prospects of the draft. We draft either and we will be good to go

Triboy, i know you like Jackson, but you can't say one thing about one prospect and not another.

Isaac is averaging 13ppg on 52%, 35%, and 78% shooting splits. He is averaging 8 rpg, 1 apg, 1 spg, and 1 bpg.

Jackson is averaging 15 ppg on 49%, 24%, and 57% splits. He is averaging 7 rpg, 3 apg, 2 spg, and 1 bpg.

Their per-40 numbers are almost identical except for assists. Their advanced stats are almost identical, except that Jackson has a higher assist rate and usage rate and Isaac has a higher rebounding rate.

On top of that Isaac's size and length are way better than Jackson's and could allow him to play both forward spots. Jackson's size and length are pretty average for an NBA player. Their athleticism is pretty comparable.

I'll admit that Jackson's fire, competitiveness, and alpha-dog mentality are better than Isaac's, but I'm not sure you want an alpha-dog shooting so poorly (I think this is why Tony Wroten can't find a spot in the NBA).

Isaac with 23 points, 10 rebounds, and 7 blocks against 15th ranked Notre Dame. He shot 7-9 from the floor, and was 2-2 from three and 7-7 from the free throw line.

Nice!   But that body though...makes me nervous.

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2017, 12:42:29 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
1. Fultz
2. Josh Jackson

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2017, 12:51:59 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Take the best player period. sign FA in weak area.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2017, 12:56:11 PM »

Offline Mattybriand

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
Trade the Pick

Or

BPA

Idc about the don't compete til Lebron leaves narrative I want to see the Celtics knock Lebron out of the playoffs again!

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2017, 01:08:59 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Patton = seven foot center with good athleticism who contributes in all three phases - offense, defense and rebounds.

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2017, 01:13:30 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
JONATHAN ISSAC
          OR
Jayson Tatum

Exactly why I want to draft him.

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2017, 01:21:05 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
Guys get drafted based on their future NBA outlook... I think it's looking better for Isaac than Jackson. Granted Joshua has better shot selection than Smart ever did in his life.

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2017, 01:22:39 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
We need to draft the best player; period.  Obviously GM's can miss but under no circumstances should DA pass over a better player for a worse one.

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2017, 02:40:03 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Both Fultz and Ball have so much potential you can't pass on them because of team need.

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2017, 03:21:49 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
The ability to draft a potential all-NBA-type PG means our financial future gets a lot more clear. If that guy - say Fultz - starts looking like a boss, we can resist offering the max to IT and/or a similarly hefty contract to Avery Bradley.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2017, 03:46:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Patton = seven foot center with good athleticism who contributes in all three phases - offense, defense and rebounds.

Yes but does he have an alpha dog mentality??

I have see so far this mentality on a pretty consistent basis from Fultz, Ball, Jackson, Bridges, Fox, Monk, Smith

-I like Patton but for his size he should be averaging more than 6rpg.
- Isaac had recently a nice overall game. But instead of 13 points one game, 14 points another, want to see him drop 30 points.
- Jason Tatum is also kind of passive. Duke is losing to teams they should beat. Giles also needs to step

I agree we need to draft the BEST now plus with upside
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 03:56:15 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2017, 04:08:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I change my mind about Jackson unable to play PF at the nba level.  After adding  10-15 pounds of muscle  , he should be able to.  After all tobias harris, marcus/markeif morris, thad young play pf at the nba level

Tenacious offensive rebounder. I think if we nail the 1st pick, Danny should take Jackson. Though Fultz is a heck of a scorer. I dont know its tough

Jackson vs davidson highlights

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=byXbVXvDxi8

« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2017, 04:12:08 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I change my mind about Jackson unable to play PF at the nba level.  After adding  10-15 pounds of muscle  , he should be able to.  After all tobias harris, marcus/markeif morris, thad young play pf at the nba level

Tenacious offensive rebounder. I think if we nail the 1st pick, Danny should take Jackson. Though Fultz is a heck of a scorer. I dont know its tough

Jackson vs davidson highlights

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=byXbVXvDxi8

Looks like a role player. He's scoring mostly garbage points.

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2017, 10:01:46 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Fultz all the way.  The reason I'd pick him is simple.  He looks like the most talented player in the draft: he can score from outside and inside, has a great handle, can create his own shot, and he has enough length to play SG (6'4 with 6'10 reach).  I could easily envision a dynamic scoring duo of IT and Fultz.

https://youtu.be/Tnfzq_Ynf4E

That's if we get the #1 pick.  If we don't Lonzo Ball isn't a bad consolation prize but I don't see him being as polished and NBA ready.  We might want to trade the pick if we land in the top 2-4 range but only for an immediate impact star player.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 10:09:12 PM by vjcsmoke »