Author Topic: Who we need to draft  (Read 6706 times)

Who we need to draft
« on: January 18, 2017, 11:16:37 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
JONATHAN ISSAC
          OR
Jayson Tatum

The last thing we need is another PG. I think Issac and Tatum have star potential.

Issac can play SF/PF, dribble, shoot the 3,  block some shots, & is 6'10 w/ KD like length and athleticism

Tatum is 6'8, can dribble, shoot, and get to his spots to score.  He's money in the post

Re: Who we need to draft
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 11:21:57 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
JONATHAN ISSAC
          OR
Jayson Tatum

The last thing we need is another PG. I think Issac and Tatum have star potential.

Issac can play SF/PF, dribble, shoot the 3,  block some shots, & is 6'10 w/ KD like length and athleticism

Tatum is 6'8, can dribble, shoot, and get to his spots to score.  He's money in the post

Isaac is not averaging top numbers and is raw physically. I would be delighted to pick him somewhere in the lotto but not as a top 3 pick. Tatum is not either scoring top numbers or helping his team win games on a consistent manner. Duke is losing to teams they should be beating

For me currently it's a race between picking Fultz or Jackson. The top two prospects of the draft. We draft either and we will be good to go

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 11:24:37 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
JONATHAN ISSAC
          OR
Jayson Tatum

No, the last thing we need is another player without star potential.  I don't care if we draft a guy that plays PG, SG, QB, or DH as long as he has some serious star potential.  You don't pick for position early in the draft (you shouldn't late, either, but that's beside the point) if you want to build a successful team.  You can always make trades to strengthen a position, but you'll find it nearly impossible to trade just-okay players for stars
I'm bitter.

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 11:26:24 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
This team has some tough decisions to make regarding the guard position in the not so distance future.  Drafting a PG and having them develop for a year under IT, AB, etc.. isn't the worst idea.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 11:42:25 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
JONATHAN ISSAC
          OR
Jayson Tatum

No, the last thing we need is another player without star potential.  I don't care if we draft a guy that plays PG, SG, QB, or DH as long as he has some serious star potential.  You don't pick for position early in the draft (you shouldn't late, either, but that's beside the point) if you want to build a successful team.  You can always make trades to strengthen a position, but you'll find it nearly impossible to trade just-okay players for stars

With all that said I'm still leaning towards Issac or Tatum over any guard in this draft. We need somebody with size who has  the potential to be a closer down the line. Nobody can convince me otherwise.

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 11:50:57 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
JONATHAN ISSAC
          OR
Jayson Tatum

Isaac is not averaging top numbers and is raw physically. I would be delighted to pick him somewhere in the lotto but not as a top 3 pick. Tatum is not either scoring top numbers or helping his team win games on a consistent manner. Duke is losing to teams they should be beating

For me currently it's a race between picking Fultz or Jackson. The top two prospects of the draft. We draft either and we will be good to go

I care more about intangibles and a players feel for the game than stats. I use the eye test to gauge who we should draft. Last year I wanted Jaylen Brown & Marquese Chriss. This year its Issac and Tatum

I'm not big on Jackson. The knock on him is that he can't shoot. Granted scouts are proven wrong in their assessments every year, but since we already have Jaylen I'd rather pass on Jackson. Tatum is the better scorer. Issac can shoot and has more potential imo

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 11:58:40 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
JONATHAN ISSAC
          OR
Jayson Tatum

I care more about intangibles and a players feel for the game than stats. I use the eye test to gauge who we should draft. Last year I wanted Jaylen Brown & Marquese Chriss. This year its Issac and Tatum

I'm not big on Jackson. The knock on him is that he can't shoot. Granted scouts are proven wrong in their assessments every year, but since we already have Jaylen I'd rather pass on Jackson. Tatum is the better scorer. Issac can shoot and has more potential imo

Then you are talking about Jackson. He can make open shots. Its not as bad as rondo, wallace. And jackson is a better defender than tatum. Prob the best in the draft. Also one of the best passers

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 12:28:29 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
JONATHAN ISSAC
          OR
Jayson Tatum

Then you are talking about Jackson. He can make open shots. Its not as bad as rondo, wallace. And jackson is a better defender than tatum. Prob the best in the draft. Also one of the best passers

I'm looking for a scorer more than a defender. That's what Tatum can do. Issac can do a little of both and brings the size and intangibles I'm talking about. After drafting KELLY OLYNYK over Giannis I'm paying close attention to the guys with similar build to the Greek Freak or KD.

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 12:44:05 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
JONATHAN ISSAC
          OR
Jayson Tatum

Triboy, i know you like Jackson, but you can't say one thing about one prospect and not another.

Isaac is averaging 13ppg on 52%, 35%, and 78% shooting splits. He is averaging 8 rpg, 1 apg, 1 spg, and 1 bpg.

Jackson is averaging 15 ppg on 49%, 24%, and 57% splits. He is averaging 7 rpg, 3 apg, 2 spg, and 1 bpg.

Their per-40 numbers are almost identical except for assists. Their advanced stats are almost identical, except that Jackson has a higher assist rate and usage rate and Isaac has a higher rebounding rate.

If you say Isaac is not putting up top numbers, then Jackson is not either.

On top of that Isaac's size and length are way better than Jackson's and could allow him to play both forward spots. Jackson's size and length are pretty average for an NBA player. Their athleticism is pretty comparable.

I'll admit that Jackson's fire, competitiveness, and alpha-dog mentality are better than Isaac's, but I'm not sure you want an alpha-dog shooting so poorly (I think this is why Tony Wroten can't find a spot in the NBA).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 12:49:09 PM by DefenseWinsChamps »

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 02:58:39 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
We need a guard, there's no guarantees IT4 is a championship caliber point guard might as well see if he can be the sixth man, or no guarantee that he even stays good enough for Danny to make a team around him in time, there's also no guarantees he, AB and Smart can be retained,

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 03:04:44 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
JONATHAN ISSAC
          OR
Jayson Tatum

With all that said I'm still leaning towards Issac or Tatum over any guard in this draft. We need somebody with size who has  the potential to be a closer down the line. Nobody can convince me otherwise.
why not?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2017, 03:14:33 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
We need a guard, there's no guarantees IT4 is a championship caliber point guard might as well see if he can be the sixth man, or no guarantee that he even stays good enough for Danny to make a team around him in time, there's also no guarantees he, AB and Smart can be retained,
I disagree that "We need a guard"

we just dont need to avoid guards.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2017, 03:35:07 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.

I feel I gave reasons why but the writing is on the wall considering our draft position and the talent pool available.

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2017, 03:47:07 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I feel I gave reasons why but the writing is on the wall considering our draft position and the talent pool available.
Ah, so you mean we need BPA and it looks like that will be a guard?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 03:49:44 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Fultz or Josh Jackson