4 (5.1%)
Jerebko
1 (1.3%)
Jae Crowder
2 (2.5%)
Amir J
14 (17.7%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: Who has been the most disappointing player on the Celtics this season?  (Read 5739 times)

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Who and why?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Re: Who has been the most disappointing player on the Celtics this season?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 06:47:41 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 07:34:54 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Choosing Rozier is very harsh given those who are in front of him. Bradley, Smart and IT are all having career years yet we can call him a disappointment? Crazy.

I went with Zeller simply because of hi slack of impact this year. The same argument could be made for Mickey although in his spot start he showed he was serviceable. Zeller hasn't managed to provide an impact when he comes on, I understand he won't be a success banging with the big men but he has shown in the past an ability to run better bigs off the floor. This year he has declined in that output so I would call him the dissapointment

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 07:44:38 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
First I'm happy with whole team!

Zeller is a solid pick as he hasn't produced much this year compared to last.  However he is a third string center who last year was getting minutes and really over produced.  Also we got him for a song.

I actually voted for amir.  I know he does lots of little things but I expected more of him this year.  Last year he was hampered with plantar fasciitis but I swear he looked better, more mobile and produced more last year. 

I'm really not disappointed with anyone. 

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 08:01:17 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
You can only be disappointed about Zeller if you had any expectations coming into the season.  I didn't.  The guy suck last season and suck worst this season.  So no disappointments their.

Amir would be my pick

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 08:02:00 AM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
Kelly Olynyk

I'm not saying Mickey, Zeller, Young... because i didin't had big expectations for themfor this season. I knew Young and Mickey won't get into the rotation because the team is deep and Zeller is solid backup center for 15 mpg. So they didin't dissapoint me because i didin't expect more.

But KO is the guy who dissapoint me baceuse it doesn't look like he improved from last season. And he was supposed to be the guy who will step up and take over the starting spot next to Horford. KO is good player, solid scorer but not near to be starting caliber player. He had some good games and some horrible games. And when you see the numbers, you basically see the same numbers from last season. This is the season when he should go to the next level, because DA won't pay him big money if he plays like this.

edit: i think many of you here had big expectations for him and if  he doesn't live up to those expectations i don't think KO will be a Celtic after a season or two

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 08:14:36 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Far and away Amir Johnson.

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 08:23:26 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
My vote was Mickey. I really expected him to surpass Zeller on the depth chart and steal some minutes from Amir. In theory he is a nice fit as a hustle player / defender next to Horford.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 08:32:54 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
I voted for Amir, just because I think he's been awful this year. I only expected him to be serviceable, but he hasn't even been that. I cringe when he's in the game. Maybe I'm missing the "little" things he does.
Horford was close, as I know he's playing alright, but not really what I would hope for from a Max guy. For that kind of money I would expect a guy who could dominate a game, not a descent roll player.
Kelly might have been my pick, but he's playing much better lately, so he gets a break.

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 08:44:00 AM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
I like Marcus Smart's game but I've been disappointed that he hasn't made that leap that most third year players make.

I was hoping he would be over that 40 percent shooting line by now.

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 08:50:09 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
I'm surprised that Amir is leading this poll. He's been pretty consistent all year if you ask me, he takes on the harder PF/C assignment to ease the pressure on Horford, throws his body around in every play, sets good screens and he's even had quite a few chase down blocks so far!

He isn't meant to score or rebound at a high level, he isn't even meant to be the 5th or 6th best player on the team. He's meant to be the guy who does the things that others don't want to do. He's meant to pick up the defensive burden so that guys like Al and IT can push on the offensive end. If he went down for an extended period of time people would be crying for him back when they see him replaced by a JM/TZ combo. People complain about our rebounding at the moment!

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2017, 08:50:58 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
I like Marcus Smart's game but I've been disappointed that he hasn't made that leap that most third year players make.

If that's the main metric you are using to define Smart's improvements then you are missing what his real value to a team is

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2017, 08:54:40 AM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79

If that's the main metric you are using to define Smart's improvements then you are missing what his real value to a team is
His defense is still all NBA but his offense hasn't improved much. He was always pretty decent at passing out from penetration. He's just getting more opportunities this year. The one thing holding him back is his shooting. I thought year three would be the year we see him improving his shot. Most guys show huge improvements by year three with their shooting percentages. Smart is lagging behind. That to me is disappointing.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 09:01:45 AM by TrueFan »

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2017, 08:55:23 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
By reading the answers... the question could have been "Who is the player you clearly misevaluate or don't understand his value to the team"?
No one has been disapointing, they are right there where they should be. Except for the little guy, nobody could have seen his giant leap this year, amazing.

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 09:23:03 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
,felger and the balance of rumor mongering press
-not jay king he can at least bounce the ball