4 (5.1%)
Jerebko
1 (1.3%)
Jae Crowder
2 (2.5%)
Amir J
14 (17.7%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: Who has been the most disappointing player on the Celtics this season?  (Read 5782 times)

Re: Who has been the most disappointing player on the Celtics this season?
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2017, 11:35:38 PM »

Offline afrascione

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 4
I'm most disappointed in da & cbs. they've built a mediocre team that's boring to watch. will never contend with this group of players. da should trade his picks because he cant draft. he does better as a trader.

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2017, 08:13:32 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I went with Horford.  Very good passer and shot blocker, but appreciably worse in every other major category even from last year when I figured he would be a better fit and get more efficient overall moving here.  Shooting more and scoring less leading to a higher usage at less efficiency (his TS% is the lowest of his career this year even worse than his rookie year).  He is turning the ball over more, committing more fouls, and generally not defending as well as I thought he would (aside from the shot blocking).  Despite playing on a better team than he did last year, his WS/48 are significantly lower.  I just didn't expect him to decline so noticeably so quickly. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2017, 08:24:44 AM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48
I went with James Young for his whole time with the C's.

When he was drafted I was really excited about him and I thought he could be a good scorer. Since then he almost never played and while I was frustrated at first, I now jumped to the conclusion he just can't earn minutes rather than not getting his chance from the coach.

Also we did cut R.J. Hunter for him. Not a Hunter fan but then he should have used these summer events for extra motivation.

He's not trying or he's not good enough. Either way, biggest disappointment for me.

I was also expecting a bit more scoring from Horford but he still plays good basketball so disapointment would be too strong of a word.

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2017, 10:09:37 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I'm most disappointed in da & cbs. they've built a mediocre team that's boring to watch. will never contend with this group of players. da should trade his picks because he cant draft. he does better as a trader.

Disappointed in fans like you.

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2017, 02:48:08 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Smart for me. When we drafted him, people were calling him the next Dwade. Chauncey Billups was another comp thrown around. I myself didn't have high expectations for him, but I thought I was being silly since everyone liked him so much and called him a future all star. Hard to not put him number 1 on the list since it's his third year in the league. If people throw the stat watcher thing at me I swear to go this will turn into another Marcus Smart debate. I watch the games so don't come at me and say I'm just using stats. Tony Allen is better IMO. I think Smart can get there though. Future Role Player.

Rozier is a good one as well, but he doesn't get much playing time.

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2017, 02:51:46 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
Smart for me. When we drafted him, people were calling him the next Dwade. Chauncey Billups was another comp thrown around. I myself didn't have high expectations for him, but I thought I was being silly since everyone liked him so much and called him a future all star. Hard to not put him number 1 on the list since it's his third year in the league.
He does give us a flash of brilliance every once in a while.

I'm disappointed he hasn't made that leap yet but I'm not giving up on him.

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2017, 03:22:17 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Smart for me. When we drafted him, people were calling him the next Dwade. Chauncey Billups was another comp thrown around. I myself didn't have high expectations for him, but I thought I was being silly since everyone liked him so much and called him a future all star. Hard to not put him number 1 on the list since it's his third year in the league. If people throw the stat watcher thing at me I swear to go this will turn into another Marcus Smart debate. I watch the games so don't come at me and say I'm just using stats. Tony Allen is better IMO. I think Smart can get there though. Future Role Player.

can't be too disappointing for ya then, right?
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2017, 03:25:14 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
i love how people think we are permanently a mediocre treadmill team

We could be in a few years if we don't make the right moves (whether trading or drafting)

But right now we have many options

I vote to keep on draftin'!
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2017, 03:43:48 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney

can't be too disappointing for ya then, right?

Funny stuff. Don't be upset. Wouldn't be surprised if you thought he would be an all star when we drafted him.

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2017, 03:46:42 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

No one who observed Smart much would ever in fairness refer to him as the next D Wade. That was just pie in the sky wishful thinking.

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2017, 04:32:36 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Really.  The first half of last night's game was the most fun I've had watching the Celtics all season.

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2017, 04:37:19 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney

No one who observed Smart much would ever in fairness refer to him as the next D Wade. That was just pie in the sky wishful thinking.

Not trying to put words in people's mouth. If that is the case then I must've misunderstood when I read those posts.

« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2017, 04:40:58 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I went with Horford.  Very good passer and shot blocker, but appreciably worse in every other major category even from last year when I figured he would be a better fit and get more efficient overall moving here.  Shooting more and scoring less leading to a higher usage at less efficiency (his TS% is the lowest of his career this year even worse than his rookie year).  He is turning the ball over more, committing more fouls, and generally not defending as well as I thought he would (aside from the shot blocking).  Despite playing on a better team than he did last year, his WS/48 are significantly lower.  I just didn't expect him to decline so noticeably so quickly.
I'd argue that his screens and spacing are the driving factor behind us going from a terrible 3 point shooting team to an elite one.

What he does on the court is very nuanced but I think he's been the driving factor in our offensive turn around.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2017, 04:56:32 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
 Marcus Smart--> tiny tiny bit dissapointing. Had hoped for better shot-selection and shooting but development as passer and floor general mitigate that
 Terry Rozier-->not too dissapointed in his play, its a bummer he cant play more, but its tough to get minutes over Thomas Bradley Smart
 Jordan Mickey--> eh. Hes been pretty much what you thought
 James Young-->expected nothing
 Al Horford-->Rockets game and Cavs game were two huge dissapointments, but hes largely been what you thought
 Jaylen Brown-->good. finishing better than expected everything else is about right
 Gerald Green-->pretty much what I thought. Slightly larger role.
 Tyler Zeller-->expected DNPs, got them
Kelly Olynyk-->shoulder recovery took too long. Not sure if you can blame him, but recent play mostly makes up for it.
 Jerebko--> he is what he is. Streaky guy. When hes good hes valuable, when hes not, hes not.
 Jae Crowder--feel D and aggresiveness to hoop have declined, shooting more than makes up for it
Amir J-->at this point in his career, with his medical situation you can only expect spurts of good play. His rebounding shortcomings have been dissapointing.

two biggest dissapointments are Kelly and Amir. Neither of which are big dissapointments really. The season has more or less played out the way you might expect aside from Isaiahs dominance and injuries.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2017, 12:13:24 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Al Horford. He's either broken or just mailing it in at this point.