Author Topic: Knicks (18-24) at Celtics (26-15) Game #42 1/17/17  (Read 37949 times)

Re: Knicks (18-24) at Celtics (26-15) Game #42 1/17/17
« Reply #435 on: January 19, 2017, 07:29:45 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Cs had a bad game with a lot of players coming up short. BFD. Stuff happens.

« Reply #436 on: January 19, 2017, 07:30:05 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
They coasted last night. Zero defense. Should have beaten the Knicks even without Bradley.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 07:39:13 AM by PAOBoston »

« Reply #437 on: January 19, 2017, 12:53:28 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
I'd like to hear Brad's reasoning for leaving Rozier in. I can't think of any possible justification, especially with Jaylen playing well.

He has an unhealthy obsession with going small.

Whether that's from necessity or personal preference, I don't know. But he clearly goes that route way too often when the stats don't justify it, which is surprising since he supposedly relies on analytics so heavily.

He seemed hell bent on making the Rozier gig work ......never seen anything to beat it

This is what I'm worried about with CBS ever since the blown tie against Cleveland. He is feeling his system a little too much...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 01:22:15 PM by CelticGuardian »

« Reply #438 on: January 19, 2017, 01:18:33 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
Rozier had a nice second half and has been crushing the practices. Of course he's going to get an opportunity when AB goes down. He's also getting minutes for the first time this year so he's kind of a rookie out there.

People should relax on the Roz hate. It makes you look like a bad fan and if anything he has earned the opportunities with solid practices. Like any other young player he is going to make mistakes out there. The important thing is he has shown some decent potential. He's not as bad as this thread makes him out to be. He's just making rookie mistakes sometimes and considering we aren't title contenders we should be ok with the occasional bad half if it means bringing him along and getting him better for next year.

« Reply #439 on: January 19, 2017, 01:46:37 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
Rozier had a nice second half and has been crushing the practices. Of course he's going to get an opportunity when AB goes down. He's also getting minutes for the first time this year so he's kind of a rookie out there.

People should relax on the Roz hate. It makes you look like a bad fan and if anything he has earned the opportunities with solid practices. Like any other young player he is going to make mistakes out there. The important thing is he has shown some decent potential. He's not as bad as this thread makes him out to be. He's just making rookie mistakes sometimes and considering we aren't title contenders we should be ok with the occasional bad half if it means bringing him along and getting him better for next year.

Practice... lol.

He needed to get his playing time LAST season, a lot of these rookie mistakes would be more limited and it's not consistent by Stevens to allow Rozier to commit them but Brown needs to have a PER of 30 to stay on the floor... just smh @ Stevens

If we are reeling in Brown who was playing good and is our highest draft pick since like forever, to prioritize the development of Rozier NOW, he is doing this thing all wrong... and essentially putting Brown in the situation Rozier was in last year. Rozier has only improved marginally but  apparently, even with this going on, CB thinks playing time is not important for development  ??? all I'm saying, is that I seriously don't want Jaylen to be developing at the rate Terry is

I am trying to convince myself that Terry is being showcased and if he keeps going 20 mins a game with only 4 points here and there and then imploding in larger roles, Danny needs to cut him and James Young. Too many assets on this team for us to keep fiddling around with potentially middling players.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 01:55:13 PM by CelticGuardian »

« Reply #440 on: January 19, 2017, 02:22:23 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

Practice... lol.

He needed to get his playing time LAST season, a lot of these rookie mistakes would be more limited and it's not consistent by Stevens to allow Rozier to commit them but Brown needs to have a PER of 30 to stay on the floor... just smh @ Stevens

If we are reeling in Brown who was playing good and is our highest draft pick since like forever, to prioritize the development of Rozier NOW, he is doing this thing all wrong... and essentially putting Brown in the situation Rozier was in last year. Rozier has only improved marginally but  apparently, even with this going on, CB thinks playing time is not important for development  ??? all I'm saying, is that I seriously don't want Jaylen to be developing at the rate Terry is

I am trying to convince myself that Terry is being showcased and if he keeps going 20 mins a game with only 4 points here and there and then imploding in larger roles, Danny needs to cut him and James Young. Too many assets on this team for us to keep fiddling around with potentially middling players.
Im not really following you on any of this other then there is some over reaction going on.

Roz has been impressing his teammates in practice and has earned their trust. That's why you see him at the end of games over Brown.

Labeling Roz as a middling player at this stage of his career is premature. He's clearly better then James Young and has shown flashes of being pretty good. He's earned whatever minutes he gets. I don't understand why everyone is crying over Roz's minutes.

« Reply #441 on: January 19, 2017, 02:39:04 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129

Practice... lol.

Im not really following you on any of this other then there is some over reaction going on.

Roz has been impressing his teammates in practice and has earned their trust. That's why you see him at the end of games over Brown.

Labeling Roz as a middling player at this stage of his career is premature. He's clearly better then James Young and has shown flashes of being pretty good. He's earned whatever minutes he gets. I don't understand why everyone is crying over Roz's minutes.

He plays PG, the same position Smart fans want Marcus to play.

« Reply #442 on: January 19, 2017, 02:46:19 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

Practice... lol.

That probably had some part to do with the anger over Roz last night. Meanwhile Smart was 1-6 last night and was 1-5 the night before. With 2 minutes to go and down 10 Brad pulled Smart and kept Roz in. That is pretty telling that Brad has more trust in Roz to provide offense then Smart when the game desperately calls for offense.

Roz is no where close to Smart as an overall player but he's more dynamic then Smart on offense.

« Reply #443 on: January 19, 2017, 02:53:35 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney

Practice... lol.

That probably had some part to do with the anger over Roz last night. Meanwhile Smart was 1-6 last night and was 1-5 the night before. With 2 minutes to go and down 10 Brad pulled Smart and kept Roz in. That is pretty telling that Brad has more trust in Roz to provide offense then Smart when the game desperately calls for offense.

Roz is no where close to Smart as an overall player but he's more dynamic then Smart on offense.

Smart is more cool and calm in the P &R. Looks more comfortable this year. He still isn't a great P&R player. I mean there are so many point guards in the league that are better than him at it. I just wish the expectations for Smart were lowered. He is a role player and nothing more. Rozier can also be a good role player, maybe even sixth man.

« Reply #444 on: January 19, 2017, 02:58:34 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.

Practice... lol.

Smart fans already know what he is at this point... he's not going to come in next season with 40 inch vert and creative handles.

Rozier is not looking like he's headed towards being anything close to resembling 'must keep' stud, but Brown is ... so why did Stevens play Rozier over him?

That's my whole beef here, I don't care about Rozier getting minutes and definitely don't give a sh-- about who's winning in practice he just needs to be impactful during the ACTUAL GAME for us to even begin to justify benching a guy we invested a #3 pick on. Because of seniority, locker room politics? That's all I'm getting from TrueFan here... and that's the stupidest reason to be unfair to Jaylen like CBS was this game.

« Reply #445 on: January 19, 2017, 03:06:04 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
They play different positions so lets just end your tirade right there.

« Reply #446 on: January 19, 2017, 03:33:14 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.

CBS took out Jerebko for Rozier and went super small with three guards... again. *sigh* ok, now I am done.

« Reply #447 on: January 19, 2017, 03:40:50 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

CBS took out Jerebko for Rozier and went super small with three guards... again. *sigh* ok, now I am done.
You are talking about 3 minutes of a game.

« Reply #448 on: January 19, 2017, 04:15:38 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904

Practice... lol.

Lol you are off your rocker.

It's amazing that this Rozier lovefest is still going on after he's been a complete disappointment this entire season so far. I mean, he's to the point of receiving DNP-CD's virtually every game that we're healthy, because he simply can't even run the bench offense.

And the fact that you're making this argument after last night, which was probably Rozier's worst game in green, makes it even more hilarious. You pointed out Smart's struggles, but it's funny that you didn't mention Rozier's struggles, which were worse across the board:

Rozier - 5 pts (1-8 fgs, 1-4 3pfgs), 1 reb, 2 asts, 1 stl, and a -22 overall.

Smart - 4 pts (1-6 fgs, 0-2 3pfgs), 3 rebs, 5 asts, 2 stls, 2 blks, and an overall +0.

This is why it makes absolutely no sense for you to be making this argument right now. By virtually every measure, he was terrible. If he had a good game, perhaps your argument would hold more weight.

And it's amazing that virtually every other single poster in the game thread saw the same thing - an outright terrible performance from Rozier last night. But you're the accurate analysis here, and everyone else is just overreacting.  ;)

« Reply #449 on: January 19, 2017, 04:26:15 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney

Practice... lol.

Lol you are off your rocker.

It's amazing that this Rozier lovefest is still going on after he's been a complete disappointment this entire season so far. I mean, he's to the point of receiving DNP-CD's virtually every game that we're healthy, because he simply can't even run the bench offense.

And the fact that you're making this argument after last night, which was probably Rozier's worst game in green, makes it even more hilarious. You pointed out Smart's struggles, but it's funny that you didn't mention Rozier's struggles, which were worse across the board:

Rozier - 5 pts (1-8 fgs, 1-4 3pfgs), 1 reb, 2 asts, 1 stl, and a -22 overall.

Smart - 4 pts (1-6 fgs, 0-2 3pfgs), 3 rebs, 5 asts, 2 stls, 2 blks, and an overall +0.

This is why it makes absolutely no sense for you to be making this argument right now. By virtually every measure, he was terrible. If he had a good game, perhaps your argument would hold more weight.

And it's amazing that virtually every other single poster in the game thread saw the same thing - an outright terrible performance from Rozier last night. But you're the accurate analysis here, and everyone else is just overreacting.  ;)

Is it necessary for you to rip him like that? I don't even know why you showed Smart's stats since you have always said you can't use stats to measure Smart's value...You also threw away every metric NBA Front Office's use to measure Smart out the window too.

Smart >Rozier. Congratulations. Call me when Smart makes the all star team. You and Snakehead had him as an all star so you're no Nostradamus either. I should try and dig up what you said about Smart when we initially drafted him. I'm sure he hasn't met your expectations. But god forbid you admit that.

Have a nice day ripping on a misinformed poster  ;)

Yup, just winked back at you. No idea why you use it.