Author Topic: Thoughts on a Thomas and Ball backcourt  (Read 4208 times)

Thoughts on a Thomas and Ball backcourt
« on: January 17, 2017, 01:43:26 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Let's say Ball is BPA when we pick.
 Bradley will command huge dollars.

Ball is the most unselfish player you will find. He will get the ball to Isaiah all day long. He can space the court with deadly super deep three point shooting. He can guard the two with his length and athletism.

Fultz in the backcourt would give us more firepower for sure, but  telling you Ball would blend in so nicely with our squad.

Re: Thoughts on a Thomas and Ball backcourt
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 01:52:20 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
saw the heading and guessed it was you. Fultz is better than Ball.

why start another thread on this?

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 02:11:43 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Because Einstein what are the chances we get the #1 pick? Not good. A much better chance we get the #2 or #3 pick.

Fultz is a pipe dream. It's not happening. You heard it here first. I'm preparing for Jackson, Ball, Taytum, Giles right now.

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 02:12:38 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Apologies for the initial comment.

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 02:27:57 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Trader Danny will trade that pick and get veteran help.
Another youngling will not help this team...not Ball not Fultz not anyone because they are too young.
Yes you heard me..just like what the Cavs did with the Wiggins pick..it will be traded.

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 02:55:23 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I've seen ball ahead of fultz in some mocks.  He actually shoots higher percentages. Is there a reason fultz seems so much more popular with fans right now ?

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 03:14:13 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I've seen ball ahead of fultz in some mocks.  He actually shoots higher percentages. Is there a reason fultz seems so much more popular with fans right now ?
I think the biggest reason is that fultz is first in more mocks.

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 04:12:37 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I've been fairly vocal about my dislike of Ball on this team, so I don't want to seem like a broken record KGLL, but I'm not for it.

Looking at Ball's stats I think there are 2 fairly alarming numbers that jump out and they both involve the line. Despite nearly always having the ball in his hands Lonzo Ball is averaging only 3.1 Free throw attempts per game and is hitting them at about a 68% clip. While Fultz is only shooting 67% at the line, he's doing so at 6.4 FTA a game.

Free throw shooting is one of the best indicators for how well you'll shoot at the next level and Ball's shot concerns me, especially considering he's not supporting that shot by driving it to the rack. Sure Ball is shooting at a much higher percentage than Fultz at .530 vs. .484 and .430 vs .418. but in terms terms of attempts it's not even close.

Ball is surrounded by spacing and has the luxury of choosing when to attack to the tune of 9.6 shot attempts per game 5.6 of which are 3's. Fultz on the other hand is in constant attack mode putting up an incredible 16.6 shots per game with only 4.4 of which coming from 3.

For me It's Markelle Fultz by a mile and even though Ball could very well end up as a modern day Steve Nash or Jason Kidd, those teams historically get stopped in the playoffs.

You say Ball will find Isaiah the rock? The rock already finds Isaiah. We don't need a ball dominant playmaker next to IT4, we need someone like Avery Bradley or Klay Thompson, an off ball scorer who can lockdown their matchup.

If we have the opportunity to take the BPA Markelle Fultz we have to either trade the pick or pull the trigger and figure out who stays between him or IT later. Let some other team become the run and gun Suns I like the direction we're headed right now.

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 04:24:25 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391

Well, I don't really watch college hoops but I watched their DX strengths and weaknesses vids and I left thinking Fultz is a better prospect.
- LilRip

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 04:49:07 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 616

Ceiling. Fultz has none.

"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 05:24:00 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

Because Einstein what are the chances we get the #1 pick? Not good.
A much better chance we get the #2 or #3 pick.

Fultz is a pipe dream. It's not happening. You heard it here first.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 05:35:52 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Meh. I'd rather have Smart or AB paired with IT.

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 07:22:46 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951

He seems like a sure thing .  Your getting at min. A starter one day , if not a star .  He looks very solid when I watch him. 

If he stays healthy , i don't see a bust.

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2017, 08:35:20 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Just ability to make tough shots. Hand in the face.  But has to play like this because he chose to play for a bad team...maybe it was by design to show how good he is

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2017, 08:36:55 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

He seems like a sure thing .  Your getting at min. A starter one day , if not a star .  He looks very solid when I watch him. 

If he stays healthy , i don't see a bust.

same here....but not talent at the level of Lebron, Towns or anything...  Maybe like a Lillard or Beal

still a fantastic talent