Author Topic: Would obtaining Whiteside and Dragic take the Celts to another level?  (Read 7872 times)

Re: Would obtaining Whiteside and Dragic take the Celts to another level?
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2017, 04:54:33 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
http://allucanheat.com/2017/01/15/miami-heat-boston-celtics-hassan-whiteside-nba-trade-idea/
I think that is a reasonable enough trade. 

Whiteside

for

Amir, Zeller, BOS 17 1st, BOS 18 1st, MEM 1st, MIA 20 2nd

you don't think that's a little to much? that's the 2017 nets pick on top of all off that?
The trade is basically a top 5 pick and two late firsts for Whiteside.  That doesn't seem unreasonable given Whiteside's production and contract situation.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2017, 05:01:04 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
http://allucanheat.com/2017/01/15/miami-heat-boston-celtics-hassan-whiteside-nba-trade-idea/

Whiteside

for

It is an interesting trade idea.  You have to keep in mind that the "BOS 17 1st" is really BKN's and could be the first pick in the draft.  I am not sure I give that up for Whiteside.  Whiteside seems to me to be closer to Deandre Jordan than to say Anthony Davis.

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2017, 05:09:49 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

Whiteside

for

It is an interesting trade idea.  You have to keep in mind that the "BOS 17 1st" is really BKN's and could be the first pick in the draft.  I am not sure I give that up for Whiteside.  Whiteside seems to me to be closer to Deandre Jordan than to say Anthony Davis.
If Whiteside were closer to Anthony Davis, that offer wouldn't get your foot in the door. 

« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2017, 05:17:56 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

Whiteside

for

If Whiteside were closer to Anthony Davis, that offer wouldn't get your foot in the door.
exactly.  I mean even if Brooklyn finishes with the worst record the pick still only has like a 25% of being 1.  I take those odds for Whiteside in that type of trade.  Trade also means Boston can't trade the 2018 BKN pick until the 2018 draft, but I think I'd be ok with that if it meant Whiteside.

« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2017, 06:14:53 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Whiteside

for

exactly.  I mean even if Brooklyn finishes with the worst record the pick still only has like a 25% of being 1.  I take those odds for Whiteside in that type of trade.  Trade also means Boston can't trade the 2018 BKN pick until the 2018 draft, but I think I'd be ok with that if it meant Whiteside.

They aren't going to trade Whiteside for that.  They'll want the Brooklyn pick plus at least one of either AB, JB, Smart or maybe Rozier.  He's averaged 17.5 ppg, 14.5rpg and over 2 blocks and signed for at least the next 2.5 years.  Picks alone aren't going to get it done.   

« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2017, 06:37:44 PM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
The thing is right now our best players Thomas and Horford are good enough to be second best player on a championship team not the best players on a championship team. So to win a title we need a player who will be better than Thomas and Horford and Dragic and Whiteside are not that. They are really good players, all stars but they are not a number 1 player on a championship team.

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2017, 06:50:13 PM »

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64
I think the Bulls should trade Rondo and the better pick of their own first rounder or the Kings' first rounder for Dragic.

Miami can pick a PG that fits their rebuilding timetable in the draft with their own likely top 5 pick.

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2017, 06:54:13 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Yep

Down the DRAIN

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2017, 08:36:40 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

Whiteside

for

They aren't going to trade Whiteside for that.  They'll want the Brooklyn pick plus at least one of either AB, JB, Smart or maybe Rozier.  He's averaged 17.5 ppg, 14.5rpg and over 2 blocks and signed for at least the next 2.5 years.  Picks alone aren't going to get it done.
Rosser sure anyone else is not worth it so they can just ride Whiteside to mediocrity