Author Topic: Hornets (20-20) at Celtics (25-15) Game #41 1/16/17  (Read 30789 times)

Re: Hornets (20-20) at Celtics (25-15) Game #41 1/16/17
« Reply #300 on: January 17, 2017, 12:46:12 AM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
I can't believe the negativity. This is one of the better teams in the NBA. And it is set up to compete long term. We are competing and rebuilding at the same time. It's beautiful.

Me neither.  Celtics fans like to think they're some of the most intelligent, but lately I've had my doubts.  On a 13-3 run, a solid 3rd in the conference after a ton of injuries the first 25 games of the season, and people seem ready for the sky to fall.  At the beginning of the year when the Lakers were playing well there were threads about how the Lakers were better off than we were.  Now that the Lakers are 5-20 since December started, so it's back to being jealous of Philly.  Again, we've won 13 out of 16, and they've won 13 on the season.  When Philly finishes the month with 14 wins on the season, who will we be jealous of next?  The Suns?

Be jealous of Cleveland, Golden State, and San Antonio.  Beyond that, no one has it better.  No one.

Hear, hear.

« Reply #301 on: January 17, 2017, 12:54:34 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Oly has been on a tear the last 5 games

« Reply #302 on: January 17, 2017, 01:11:21 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Let's start a thread exploring potential sources of motivation for our Kelly of the last 5 games.  We can rank-order motivating factors, #1-5, by degree of ridiculousness.  Ready... go!
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #303 on: January 17, 2017, 01:27:55 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Full highlights vs Hornet's

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=DTq0OA62o9s

« Reply #304 on: January 17, 2017, 02:06:30 AM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48
I just arrived at work. How was the game ? Convincing win ? It seems IT did his thing again...

« Reply #305 on: January 17, 2017, 05:28:18 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I can't believe the negativity. This is one of the better teams in the NBA. And it is set up to compete long term. We are competing and rebuilding at the same time. It's beautiful.

Me neither.  Celtics fans like to think they're some of the most intelligent, but lately I've had my doubts.  On a 13-3 run, a solid 3rd in the conference after a ton of injuries the first 25 games of the season, and people seem ready for the sky to fall.  At the beginning of the year when the Lakers were playing well there were threads about how the Lakers were better off than we were.  Now that the Lakers are 5-20 since December started, so it's back to being jealous of Philly.  Again, we've won 13 out of 16, and they've won 13 on the season.  When Philly finishes the month with 14 wins on the season, who will we be jealous of next?  The Suns?

Be jealous of Cleveland, Golden State, and San Antonio.  Beyond that, no one has it better.  No one.

This guy knows.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #306 on: January 17, 2017, 06:17:23 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Let's start a thread exploring potential sources of motivation for our Kelly of the last 5 games.  We can rank-order motivating factors, #1-5, by degree of ridiculousness.  Ready... go!

Even better idea, let's start a thread where we call him by an insulting nickname and talk about how we should trade him
I'm bitter.

« Reply #307 on: January 17, 2017, 07:17:03 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Who said the sky was falling?  Not me.  It was a solid win against a team they should have beat.  I only pointed out that the defense could have been even better, especially in the 1st half where they gave up >50 points.  How many times did Kemba burn IT on the high PNR?  It was a lot, and I was surprised Brad kept him in there in the 1st quarter.  Williams was hitting 3-pointers at will.

I am not going apologize for wanting this team to compete with GS, CLE, SA.  Others may have lower standards.  Have a good day folks.

« Reply #308 on: January 17, 2017, 07:47:13 AM »

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 616

Who said the sky was falling?  Not me.  It was a solid win against a team they should have beat.  I only pointed out that the defense could have been even better, especially in the 1st half where they gave up >50 points.  How many times did Kemba burn IT on the high PNR?  It was a lot, and I was surprised Brad kept him in there in the 1st quarter.  Williams was hitting 3-pointers at will.

I am not going apologize for wanting this team to compete with GS, CLE, SA.  Others may have lower standards.  Have a good day folks.

IT has to go around the screen and all Al can do is hedge. That's pretty much going to be like that with every great shooting PG like Kemba.

You let him have that half contested three of the dribble all day, he hit a few on that first half.

He went cold, IT won the game
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.