Author Topic: Thoughts on Green Bay  (Read 2263 times)

Thoughts on Green Bay
« on: January 15, 2017, 08:10:39 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
I know there is a general nfl thread but I am curious about people on this blogs feelings and thoughts about the Green BAY team and organization.

I have been a huge Packers fan for over 20 years. I live in Ohio and ohio teams sucked growing up so I became a cheese head and never looked back.

I always hear people say they hate the steelers, they hate Dallas, gulp...they hate the pats.....but rarely hear people say they hate the Packers.......so how does celtics blog feel about them especially after this huge win?

Re: Thoughts on Green Bay
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 08:15:42 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Respect Aaron Rodgers. Waited until his time, always thought Favre was great but overrated, and Aaron waited anyway as Favre held on too long, didn't fuss, etc. McCarthy is good, not great; better coach, they might have more SB wins.

As for tonight, both teams had bad defenses waiting to be exploited, so I figured it would be a coin flip shootout. Now, on Green Bay's 2nd to last drive, that pass interference penalty was complete BS, and annoys me; Green Bay, NY Giants, and Indy when Manning was there are the only teams that get those calls. A little tug on an uncatchable ball, total BS. I would have bought holding, 100%, 5 yards and 1st down, but not a PI penalty.

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 08:26:41 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
Respect Aaron Rodgers. Waited until his time, always thought Favre was great but overrated, and Aaron waited anyway as Favre held on too long, didn't fuss, etc. McCarthy is good, not great; better coach, they might have more SB wins.

As for tonight, both teams had bad defenses waiting to be exploited, so I figured it would be a coin flip shootout. Now, on Green Bay's 2nd to last drive, that pass interference penalty was complete BS, and annoys me; Green Bay, NY Giants, and Indy when Manning was there are the only teams that get those calls. A little tug on an uncatchable ball, total BS. I would have bought holding, 100%, 5 yards and 1st down, but not a PI penalty.

Yea I didn't quite agree with that call either, the refs blew/missed tons of calls both ways tonight

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 08:29:34 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I never much cared for them until they drafted Aaron Rodgers (I'm a Cal alum). They seem like a perennial contender. A well run organization and well coached team. I like that they have a widespread ownership structure.

Atlanta vs Green Bay will be quite the shoot out.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 08:40:42 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Green Bay's offense is explosive and Rodgers is no doubt playing red-hot.

Their defense isn't that great though. This was literally a game that came down to who had the last possession in the final 5-10 seconds, which the Packers did.

I think next week will be another shootout, but I'm leaning towards ATL winning it, because Matt Ryan is also the likely MVP for a reason, and ATL Defense > DAL Defense.

I'm guessing a 38-28 Atlanta win next week.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 08:54:34 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
Green Bay's offense is explosive and Rodgers is no doubt playing red-hot.

Their defense isn't that great though. This was literally a game that came down to who had the last possession in the final 5-10 seconds, which the Packers did.

I think next week will be another shootout, but I'm leaning towards ATL winning it, because Matt Ryan is also the likely MVP for a reason, and ATL Defense > DAL Defense.

I'm guessing a 38-28 Atlanta win next week.
Yea it's not getting easier next week. The packers defense scares me so much, granted they have been without their best corner back Sam shields all year and had injuries...but even at full health only the browns would fear the packers Def.