Author Topic: Another ol' Love trade idea  (Read 1670 times)

Another ol' Love trade idea
« on: January 15, 2017, 11:23:15 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hw7b6ew

So this all comes from reading Melo would waive no trade clause for cavs or clippers.....so here is me trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Cavs trade love,liggins,Jefferson  get Melo,KO, Rozier

Knicks trade Melo, get AJ, Liggins, Jefferson and some combo of picks from Boston including 1 BKN pick

Boston trades AJ, KO, Rozier, and picks for Love

Cleveland still gets a 3 poin shooting Big, another scorer in Melo, and a backup pg in rozier (for lebron crying)

Knicks tank and get picks for an unmelo  team

Boston gets a big that can rebound, score in post, AND shoot 3s

*I know I get some award for having the 1 millionth trade idea post bout Love.

*Richard Jefferson retires right away....which he almost did in off season

Re: Another ol' Love trade idea
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 11:28:07 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
while Love is having a bounce-back year, not in love with the idea of coughing up multiple picks, including a Nets pick, to get him.  no objection to moving Amir, Rozier and KO to get him except that removes 2 guys that play center for us for a player who can't play center.  need another serviceable big man to either come back in the deal or keep one of KO/Amir

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 11:34:45 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
while Love is having a bounce-back year, not in love with the idea of coughing up multiple picks, including a Nets pick, to get him.  no objection to moving Amir, Rozier and KO to get him except that removes 2 guys that play center for us for a player who can't play center.  need another serviceable big man to either come back in the deal or keep one of KO/Amir

Yes u are correct about everything u posted...I fully agree... to counter we still have jj, Zeller, and mickey......plus playing Jae at the 4 at times. We would also have 2 roster spots open which we could fill with a Big.

The hardest thing to swallow would be the Bkn pick but I think Love is a close to perfect fit for BS and love rebounds very well.
IT4/bradley/crowder/love/horford

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 11:48:41 AM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
I see no reason the Cavs would ever do that, other than Lebron wants to play with his buddy Carmelo.

I guess James is smart enough to recon teams with Melo don't win and have a lot of turmoil.

If they would like to add Carmelo I would support a trade like this. With the BKN '18 its fine for me. It would make us contenders, especially after this bounceback season he is having.

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 12:05:13 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Horford, IT, Melo Love with a significantly weaker bench is not winning a championship so the answer is NO.  Now go clean up your room!

See edit above.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 12:15:50 PM by Surferdad »

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 12:12:17 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
Horford, IT, Melo with a significantly weaker bench is not winning a championship so the answer is NO.  Now go clean up your room!

Ummmmmmmmmmm we r not getting Melo. I don't even want melo lol trade is for love....it's even in the title. maybe do a little reading before replying....thanks have a great day

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 12:17:15 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Horford, IT, Melo with a significantly weaker bench is not winning a championship so the answer is NO.  Now go clean up your room!

Ummmmmmmmmmm we r not getting Melo. I don't even want melo lol trade is for love....it's even in the title. maybe do a little reading before replying....thanks have a great day
I fixed it.  No need to be snarky, I read the whole thread dude.  It was a simple mistake but my point is the same: IT/Love/Horford is not winning a championship.  Do you disagree? or did you just come here to get on my case?

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 12:23:31 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton

I fixed it.  No need to be snarky, I read the whole thread dude.  It was a simple mistake but the point is the same: IT/Love/Horford is not winning a championship.  Do you? or did you just come here to get on my case?
Sorry for snarky response.it was a reaction to your reply. And cleaning room comment.....but we r passed that now.

Imo adding a rebounding big that can shoot the 3 gets us into contention in my opinion. Not to mention love is a pretty darn good scorer.... and u are missing a borderline all star in bradley, as well as very good players in smart, Jae, and eventually brown in you evaluation

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 01:03:25 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
I think there was interest in Love back when we had Rondo and there was some belief that Rondo was actually a star and that a Rondo - Love combo was actually desirable (beliefs that I never shared).  I don't see any fit for Love now nor do I see any reason that Cleveland would want to upset their apple cart mid-season. 

I actually think that Melo is a better player than Love and overall would make Cleveland better but doing a trade like that mid season results in a step back while everyone gets used to playing together and the coaches figure out how to deploy different player combinations.  I also think something along these lines makes sense for NYK.  Cleveland has a chance to win it just the way they are.  You may be on to something but revisit this trade idea for NYK and CLE with a third team not Boston in the off season.

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2017, 01:18:28 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I'd rather be patient and see if we can possibly sign Blake Griffin in the offseason.  If no Blake then look at other PF free agents or trades that would provide an upgrade.

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2017, 01:49:02 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Jefferson retiring just weeks after posterizing Durant and Klay?

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 02:31:05 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
Jefferson retiring just weeks after posterizing Durant and Klay?
Going from 1 of 2 favorites of winning another title to probably the tanking knicks.....yeah I'd retire or hope they trade me lol
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 02:40:46 PM by Humble G »

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2017, 05:55:34 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't want to trade the BRK picks unless it's moving us substantially closer to contention. This deal wouldn't do that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes