Author Topic: Will there be a trade overnight? Zeller Day  (Read 2261 times)

Will there be a trade overnight? Zeller Day
« on: January 14, 2017, 05:28:46 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
As many know Zeller's trade restriction is lifted at midnight tonight....hence "Zeller Day" (cannot take credit for this name, but forgot who said it first).

So there could be a trade tonight which might partially explain Tyler's extended sick absence.

Personally I hope he is traded for an upgraded rebounding big BUT no matter what I wish the guy luck whether that is with us(duh!!!!) or with another team!

Re: Will there be a trade overnight? Zeller Day
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 05:32:42 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I don't expect he'll be traded for another month.  Certainly not until he's at least cleared to play.  He's not the best player ever, but I imagine his receiving team will want him to be healthy.

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 05:39:21 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I think rumors will start picking up really soon

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 05:41:19 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
I don't expect he'll be traded for another month.  Certainly not until he's at least cleared to play.  He's not the best player ever, but I imagine his receiving team will want him to be healthy.

Health is an important factor of course, but does a "Sinus Infection" really bring that much of an issue. Because if another team wants to see him healthy and playing....they will be disappointed as he does not get much playing time anyways

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 05:58:17 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I dont expect him traded at least until he is healthy
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 06:01:48 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Health is an important factor of course, but does a "Sinus Infection" really bring that much of an issue. Because if another team wants to see him healthy and playing....they will be disappointed as he does not get much playing time anyways

A sinus infection that prevents him from playing for two weeks is very much an issue.  That is far outside the normal symptoms and recovery.  Speaking as someone who has had to have surgery due to sinus issues, if it's this bad, he could miss the rest of the season, due to the 2-month physiccal activity restriction post-surgery.

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 06:08:08 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton

A sinus infection that prevents him from playing for two weeks is very much an issue.  That is far outside the normal symptoms and recovery.  Speaking as someone who has had to have surgery due to sinus issues, if it's this bad, he could miss the rest of the season, due to the 2-month physiccal activity restriction post-surgery.

Ahhhh I see...if that is the case then yes that's an issue. I also just read he had some disorientation and had some tests ran suppose to get results today......BS says he is doing a lot better though...
http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2017/01/boston_celtics_news_tyler_zell.html

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 06:22:09 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't trading Zeller a bad idea?

BECAUSE we may need some of his salary (8M) to facilitate a deal on DRAFT DAY possibly.

Amir and Jerebko are off the books by then.

I would love Andrew Bogut here btw.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 06:32:51 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't trading Zeller a bad idea?

BECAUSE we may need some of his salary (8M) to facilitate a deal on DRAFT DAY possibly.

Amir and Jerebko are off the books by then.

I would love Andrew Bogut here btw.

While technically Zeller can help facilitate a draft-day deal, in practice that is only an issue if the player we are trying to acquire would not fit into cap space in July.  If the player does fit into cap space, we can agree on draft night and make the trade a week or so later.  Given our projected cap space, that most likely won't be a problem.

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2017, 06:53:21 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I really hope the guys health is not serious and he's been sitting until we trade him for all involved. 

Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2017, 07:28:14 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I really hope the guys health is not serious and he's been sitting until we trade him for all involved.

I wouldn't put this out of the question but it doesn't seem like Danny or Brad's style.

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 03:57:50 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I don't see a trade out there that he could be involved in at the moment. Trades like Bogut likely won't happen til much closer to the deadline, a trade for Cousins probably isn't happening and if one for Butler materialises then it'll be based around wing guys

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2017, 10:15:03 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Is it a coincidence that so many players have not been playing lately because of "injuries" ?

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2017, 10:16:27 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Is it a coincidence that so many players have not been playing lately because of "injuries" ?

Yes.

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2017, 10:18:29 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
No trade tonight but something might happen soon. The C's desperately need a big man who can give them some interior defense and rebounding.