Author Topic: Petulance and (guarded) sarcasm in the realm of "king james"  (Read 3492 times)

Re: Petulance and (guarded) sarcasm in the realm of "king james"
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2017, 07:55:40 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Dude you really just wrote all of this only for no one to really care. The whole monthly irrational Lebron hatred thread has clearly worn thin around. Lebron has reached the APex of his Achievemnets after last years Cavs title. Even the most die hard Lebron haters have clearly moved on. You should probably do the same

His framing could have been more neutral for sure, but this is hardly just a hating on Lebron. It is a news story that one of the few contenders has their star player requesting additional moves publicly from the front office.

James was asked a question and answered it.  I'm not sure what all the hub bub is about.

Thats all that needed to be said...turning that simple quote to a question he was asked into 1000 words of pure innuendo and pre conceived negative bias clears shows this was an irrational hate thread.....2-3 years ago the thread would easily reached 5 pages of ppl circle jerking themselves with their hate for Lebron (prob 10 pages back btw 2010-2012)... however given his accomplishments to date now nobody cares anymore as show by the number of replies

I would honestly say what is the toughest with Lebron is not people that "hate him" it is the people that feel the need to come in an defend him anytime someone says something that could slightly be perceived as a slight.

Hey maybe most of the time ppl are defending him from pure nonsense...Like you know the nonsense written in this thread

Again, what the heck are you talking about. Is this directed at the original poster?
Is this directed at me?

If it is directed at me I would love to know what of "nonsense" you are referencing. I just said he had a different personality type than Brady and explained why. I also clearly said I don't think one is better than the other, and even said I could see if people just thought Brady's approach is boring.

So who is hating Lebron here? Are we just calling anything mentioned about Lebron as hating? SMH

Edit: If it about my single comment that he probably flopped last night that I added in as a joke once the concept of hating was broached, then this has just gotten insane...

My initial reply was to the OPs thread...you then replied with this

His framing could have been more neutral for sure, but this is hardly just a hating on Lebron

Am sorry but thinking the OP was remotely trying to be objective with this thread is incredibly naive. This was clearly a "Kumbaya" thread for Lebron haters to come in and vent. How else could such a negative thread be made from a simple question Lebron was asked

I get it. He is and has been a major rival of the Celts for his entire career. But we're not really competing with the Cavs right now, so why be petty? Why destroy him for every little thing he says to the media? Just enjoy greatness.

Exactly where majority of celtics fans are. Seems like OP might be one of the last ones left that still uses every word and quote to hate on Lebron. I was just suggesting the the OP be better off moving on ...like most ppl have

Edit: This isn't really worth arguing over. Have a good one Zubi

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 12:57:52 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Dude you really just wrote all of this only for no one to really care. The whole monthly irrational Lebron hatred thread has clearly worn thin around. Lebron has reached the APex of his Achievemnets after last years Cavs title. Even the most die hard Lebron haters have clearly moved on. You should probably do the same

Dude, it seems that you are wrong, and many others actually DO dislike Bron Bron and haven't "moved on" and won't until he stops acting like a petulant child. These two recent threads' (you might want to read them as they may be instructive regarding sentiments around here of your precious Bron Bron) responses are indicative of such:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=88859.0

Is everyone tired of LeBron whining and crying all the time?? I know I am!!! Everytime I turn tv on he is whining bout getting more help on the team or crying to the league bout him getting no calls on fouls all the time..Boo-hoo James, just go out and play and be the great player that u are instead of crying...

His latest complaints that he's clashing with Dan Gilbert on payroll spending. I'm not a fan of Gilbert in any way, but this is pretty weak for LBJ.

Just because his annoying personality and because of that ring-chasing-miami thing, I'm not putting him in the same category with Bird, Magic, Kobe and Jordan. Every time they lost it's always someones elses fault. Stop talking to the press you ***sy. Every year is like this few months before the end of the regular season he goes on a tirade how they need to be better, how they are learning to be better, how they do not have the right mindsetup, how they do not have the righ personnel bla bla bla. Always the same...

I don't think it is a great look for Lebron do have done this all publicly. Also, when a team with love, Lebron, Irving, Thompson, shumpert, frye is losing to the Pelicans without Anthony Davis and the kings at home he needs to look at himself and the guy in the mirror.

This spending temper tantrum is pretty foolish on Lebron's part.

And if that isn't enough for you, here is another recent thread subsequent to this one:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=88808.0

There must be 20-30 negative comments on Bron Bron in that thread. I can't/won't list them all, but here is one of my favorites:

Totally unprofessional of Lebron. I mean, he just threw his teammates, outside of Love and Kyrie, under the bus as well as the front office, and complained of the grind being too hard on him. Suck it up and be a true leader.

So, dude, perhaps you now realize that not everyone loves Bron Bron as you do on this board (although there are many diehard apologists on here for him), so my OP does have some relevance.

Also regarding the word "hater", which implies an irrational dislike of someone, that's a great word to use to be dismissive of someone's arguments with whom you don't agree...and pretty weak, too.

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2017, 10:04:32 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
LeBUM is a DRAMA QUEEN

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2017, 11:02:49 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I hate Lebron, but will blame this on Ty Lue. 

Bron just wants a little more rest.   Probably asked coach for it, and is being told by Ty that he just doesn't have the bodies to cut his workload.   Hence, Bron is escalating to management.   

That's poor coaching, in my view, when you poison the well like that...but whatever -- it's not exactly easy being Lebrons coach. 

What's funny is that LBJ is responsible for most of their roster moves.   Maybe had he not lobbied for paying TT and Jr Smith twice what they deserve, his team wouldn't be in this predicament.   

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2017, 11:15:19 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
To be fair he didn't lobby the Cavs to overpay Thompson and Smith. He made some public statements telling the Cavs to get it done.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2017, 04:03:54 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
To be fair he didn't lobby the Cavs to overpay Thompson and Smith. He made some public statements telling the Cavs to get it done.

What is the difference between these two?

He didn't drink the water. He used it to become hydrated.

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2017, 04:10:59 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

What is the difference between these two?

He didn't drink the water. He used it to become hydrated.
ya, I don't see the difference
I trust Danny Ainge