Author Topic: More realistic/Non blockbuster  (Read 894 times)

More realistic/Non blockbuster
« on: January 14, 2017, 12:02:00 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
1) BOS 1st Round OR LAC 2019 & 1 2nd rounders + filler (Zeller to match contracts) for Taj Gibson
2) Avery Bradley for Khris Middleton => if necessary I'll include BOS 1st Round or LAC 2019 or even Rozier

1) I think CHI is going to blow it up and im aware a lot of you are going to say "then why not go after Jimmy Butler"; IMO ainge isnt going to give the value that CHI wants.  I see MIN as a far more realistic option with MIN most likely being willing to part with Wiggins/Lavine & Dieng.  Taj can be had for cheap and solves our rebounding problem.  I see TG as a good fit for the team.
2) I think this trade benefits "for fit" for both teams.  I see AB as the marginally better player & both are all around (offense defense) type players.  I see AB as a better fit in MIL to put a player with more guard skills next to Greek freak & Jabari.  I think Middleton is a better fit in BOS because hes a better shooter & his length fits better with IT and fits better into our switchy defense system.  IMO AB is better on d and middleton is a better overall player on offense.

In both situations were obviously in no way shape or form even discussing our nets picks, which tbh I highly doubt DA moves this years nets pick before lottery night.  We get great value in both trades & again keep both nets picks + brown to potentially go after a super star.  IMO just go all in and offer all three for Anthony Davis & tyreke evans (evans just to keep DA happy).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 02:11:19 PM by bmac934 »

Re: More realistic/Non blockbuster
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 12:13:40 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
1) BOS 1st Round OR LAC 2019 & 2 2nd rounders + filler (Zeller to match contracts) for Taj Gibson
2) Avery Bradley for Khris Middleton => if necessary I'll include BOS 1st Round or LAC 2019 or even Rozier

1) I think CHI is going to blow it up and im aware a lot of you are going to say "then why not go after Jimmy Butler"; IMO ainge isnt going to give the value that CHI wants.  I see MIN as a far more realistic option with MIN most likely being willing to part with Wiggins/Lavine & Dieng.  Taj can be had for cheap and solves our rebounding problem.  I see TG as a good fit for the team.
2) I think this trade benefits "for fit" for both teams.  I see AB as the marginally better player & both are all around (offense defense) type players.  I see AB as a better fit in MIL to put a player with more guard skills next to Greek freak & Jabari.  I think Middleton is a better fit in BOS because hes a better shooter & his length fits better with IT and fits better into our switchy defense system.

In both situations were obviously in no way shape or form even discussing our nets picks, which tbh I highly doubt DA moves this years nets pick before lottery night.  We get great value in both trades & again keep both nets picks + brown to potentially go after a super star.  IMO just go all in and offer all three for Anthony Davis & tyreke evans (evans just to keep DA happy).

I don't want Taj and his contract.  Gibson is NOT a great rebounder, which we NEED!!  IF, and this is a BIG if, Middleton is healthy or soon will be healthy, I do this trade in a heartbeat, as he is signed thru 2020 at $14 million per which is a steal!!!  We are going to likely going to have to pay AB $20+ per on a contract extension after next year.

Great idea!!  I think that the Bucks might do this trade as Middleton might not help much this year.  We have shown that we can be competitive without AB the last several games as well!!

Smitty77