Author Topic: Low cost alternative to Milsap: Booker? Trade idea  (Read 2873 times)

Re: Low cost alternative to Milsap: Booker? Trade idea
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2017, 06:17:17 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
To Nets: Young, Zeller, 2017 2nd round pick
To Celtics: Booker, Foye

Booker would help the Celts in the rebounding department (9.0 avg) , can hit the 3 (33 percent long distamce) and can score a little(9.0 avg). Versatile defender. 

Celts would give up next to nothing to obtain him. Nets still stink which doesnt interfere with the Celts chance for a high 2017 pick

Yay or nay?

17 points vs Jazz - Jan 2nd , 2017
https://youtu.be/RXl9FeHhI2o

I don't see why the Nets do this. A first-round pick makes it more likely; since he's 29, he's not likely a part of their long-term plans.

Its a guy to grab to help for th e playoff run. And also have a contract to use for a trade next season

Steph curry is not coming through those doors next season.. durant after the nasty fan reaction i doubt will be coming here ...If Griffin chooses to come here you can pull trades etc to make it work

What I dont want is another 1st round playoff exit...
That's nice, but I'm not sure that's gonna convince Brooklyn to pull the trigger.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Re: Low cost alternative to Milsap: Booker? Trade idea
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2017, 07:31:36 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Yay -- Booker is a good backup PF -- Trevor Booker is a poor man's Kenneth Faried = hustle, energy, rebounding, better defense than Faried, non-shooter, hustle man offense.

But I don't think the Nets are getting enough back in that package. Booker would cost more.

What package do you think without making the Nets any better?

I think the Nets will want future assets. Young talent equivalent to a 1st round pick or an actual 1st round pick.

And at that higher price, I wouldn't be willing to trade for Trevor Booker. I don't think he is worth a 1st rounder. Not without more of an offensive contribution.

But yes, if Booker was available at a lower price, I'd be happy to take him. He provides the bench something different. I think his contract would be moveable in the off-season if Ainge needed to jettison some cash to sign a big FA so I am not worried about taking on his contract.