Author Topic: Low cost alternative to Milsap: Booker? Trade idea  (Read 2874 times)

Low cost alternative to Milsap: Booker? Trade idea
« on: January 14, 2017, 11:42:53 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
To Nets: Young, Zeller, 2017 2nd round pick
To Celtics: Booker, Foye

Booker would help the Celts in the rebounding department (9.0 avg) , can hit the 3 (33 percent long distamce) and can score a little(9.0 avg). Versatile defender. 

Celts would give up next to nothing to obtain him. Nets still stink which doesnt interfere with the Celts chance for a high 2017 pick

Yay or nay?

17 points vs Jazz - Jan 2nd , 2017
https://youtu.be/RXl9FeHhI2o

Re: Low cost alternative to Milsap: Booker? Trade idea
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 11:45:44 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
The Celtics will not take on anyone under star-level who is owed salary next year, unless they are also trading away guaranteed salary.  They look to have barely enough room to go after a max free agent next summer -- adding $9 million to next year's payroll is DOA.

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 11:49:38 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
The Celtics will not take on anyone under star-level who is owed salary next year, unless they are also trading away guaranteed salary.  They look to have barely enough room to go after a max free agent next summer -- adding $9 million to next year's payroll is DOA.

With the cap going up, shedding amir, green, jerebko salary ... Booker salary would be ok to eat

Its not like he would sit on the bench. Would produce. Cbs will like booker. Hard worker

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 12:00:11 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Yay -- Booker is a good backup PF -- Trevor Booker is a poor man's Kenneth Faried = hustle, energy, rebounding, better defense than Faried, non-shooter, hustle man offense.

But I don't think the Nets are getting enough back in that package. Booker would cost more.

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 12:03:13 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

With the cap going up, shedding amir, green, jerebko salary ... Booker salary would be ok to eat

Its not like he would sit on the bench. Would produce. Cbs will like booker. Hard worker

I like Booker, but I agree that Ainge won't make any deals that impact our ability to sign a max free agent this summer unless we get an all-star in return.

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 12:06:01 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Booker would help the Celts in the rebounding department (9.0 avg) , can hit the 3 (33 percent long distamce) and can score a little(9.0 avg). Versatile defender. 

Celts would give up next to nothing to obtain him. Nets still stink which doesnt interfere with the Celts chance for a high 2017 pick

Yay or nay?

Why would you think the Nets would do that deal?  They have cap space and need young talent.  You are paying maybe 10 cents on the dollar.  Not even close to a reasonable offer.  They will build around Booker not trade him. 

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 12:10:58 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Nets wont want to trade one of the few young nice affordable pieces on their team. Booker is as close to a core guy as they have. It would require an overpay to get him, and overpaying for a guy who wont make you a true contender is unwise.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 12:15:54 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

No it wouldn't.  With the cap going up and shedding Amir, Zeller, Jerebko, Olynyk, Young, Green, and Mickey, the Celtics will have a few hundred thousand in cap space for a max contract if they get the third overall pick.  If they get the second or first pick, they'd have to get rid of someone else.  Nowhere is there room to take on $9 million in salary unless you're trading Avery Bradley.

Please stop pretending you know everything about the salary cap when you obviously don't.  I'm not perfect either, but I've spent a lot of time figuring out as much as I can.

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 01:09:03 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

No it wouldn't.  With the cap going up and shedding Amir, Zeller, Jerebko, Olynyk, Young, Green, and Mickey, the Celtics will have a few hundred thousand in cap space for a max contract if they get the third overall pick.  If they get the second or first pick, they'd have to get rid of someone else.  Nowhere is there room to take on $9 million in salary unless you're trading Avery Bradley.

Please stop pretending you know everything about the salary cap when you obviously don't.  I'm not perfect either, but I've spent a lot of time figuring out as much as I can.

Yeah, Triboy stick to what you do best, which is is overrating Mickey.

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2017, 01:14:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Tell me, which max FA available next season is coming here?

Do you want decrease chances to exit early in the playoffs this season?

Who is to say worst case ,you could not trade booker or whoever when the time comes??

You think your plan is the only way? 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 01:23:13 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2017, 01:24:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Yay -- Booker is a good backup PF -- Trevor Booker is a poor man's Kenneth Faried = hustle, energy, rebounding, better defense than Faried, non-shooter, hustle man offense.

But I don't think the Nets are getting enough back in that package. Booker would cost more.

What package do you think without making the Nets any better?

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2017, 01:29:07 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

Tell me, which max FA available next season is coming here?

Do you want decrease chances to exit early in the playoffs this season?

Who is to say worst case ,you could not trade booker or whoever when the time comes??

You think your plan is the only way?

That's what most people said on here last year and then we signed Al Horford and almost signed Durant.

Durant in theory can be a free agent this summer if things don't work out in GS. Hayward is an obvious candidate. There are many more.

Blake Griffin will be a free agent. So will Stephen Curry.

Wasting these opportunities to get a guy like Booker just isn't worth it at all.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 01:36:50 PM by hpantazo »

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2017, 02:12:06 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Id rather just bring Yabu over next season at this point

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2017, 05:13:06 PM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111

Yay or nay?

I don't see why the Nets do this. A first-round pick makes it more likely; since he's 29, he's not likely a part of their long-term plans.

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2017, 06:12:39 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Yay or nay?

I don't see why the Nets do this. A first-round pick makes it more likely; since he's 29, he's not likely a part of their long-term plans.

Its a guy to grab to help for th e playoff run. And also have a contract to use for a trade next season

Steph curry is not coming through those doors next season.. durant after the nasty fan reaction i doubt will be coming here ...If Griffin chooses to come here you can pull trades etc to make it work

« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 06:22:08 PM by triboy16f »