Author Topic: Fultz vs Ball... Traditional Talent vs Unicorn Talent  (Read 11222 times)

Re: Fultz vs Ball... Traditional Talent vs Unicorn Talent
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2017, 03:59:28 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Fultz just makes it look soooooo easy. The guy almost looks bored out there from time to time.

At this stage both Fultz and Ball have better pro projections than Simmons did last year.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2017, 04:51:12 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I like Ball's size and athleticism but that shooting form is so funky.

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2017, 08:44:46 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Not a fan of Ball's game...too much passing and little drive-finish
rather Offense S and passing B than Passing S and offense B

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2017, 08:56:10 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I admit Im bias when it comes to Ball. I acknowledge Fultz has more talent, and you know what. Fultz could be a great Avery Bradley replacement if he gets to pricey.

Ball can't do that. He can't replace Bradley. I just think Ball plays old school Celtic basketball. Would be a treat to watch either guy.

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2017, 09:49:20 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Ok, I'm flipping. Again, I haven't really watched college hoops but after watching draft scouting vids, I'm changing from Ball to Fultz.
- LilRip

« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2017, 10:05:27 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
If you watch highlights of Ball, all of his passes and scoring comes from the fast break, he really struggles in the half court and his shooting stroke will have to be reformed which could take years to fix, he seems like a project which the Celtics don't have time for.

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2017, 10:10:44 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
If you watch highlights of Ball, all of his passes and scoring comes from the fast break, he really struggles in the half court and his shooting stroke will have to be reformed which could take years to fix, he seems like a project which the Celtics don't have time for.

You don't change Ball's shot.  It's funky, but it clearly works for him.  If the Celtics (or any potential drafting team) don't think it will work in the NBA, they should just pass.  Changing his shot will break him.

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2017, 12:44:47 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'll take Fultz over Ball.  We don't need a project player.  We need a guy who can finish and play all-around ball.  I feel like Fultz is a better fit for Stevens' system because he's more NBA ready and he can space the floor with his outside shooting.

Shooting 48% from NCAA three btw.
https://theringer.com/washington-markelle-fultz-2017-nba-draft-bc5913d07fc2#.s6vvhs4wx

Also he's 6'4 with a 6'10 wingspan.  Could easily co-exist in a backcourt with IT, providing the length to guard shooting guards, but with the handle of a PG.

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2017, 05:15:09 AM »

Offline kidspeedy

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
Russell Westbrook or Jason Kidd?

« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2017, 07:41:43 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I'll take Fultz over Ball.  We don't need a project player.  We need a guy who can finish and play all-around ball.  I feel like Fultz is a better fit for Stevens' system because he's more NBA ready and he can space the floor with his outside shooting.

https://theringer.com/washington-markelle-fultz-2017-nba-draft-bc5913d07fc2#.s6vvhs4wx

Also he's 6'4 with a 6'10 wingspan.  Could easily co-exist in a backcourt with IT, providing the length to guard shooting guards, but with the handle of a PG.

Your link is from Dec 2nd, he's shooting 41% from 3 now, 48% overall.  Ball is at 43% from 3, 53% overall. 

I don't know how many of you actually watch the games, but when I do I see a scorer in Fultz, but a basketball player in Ball.  Does so much more to positively impact the game than Fultz.  He's my pick.

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2017, 08:54:57 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I think if you want to have a system guy you take Fultz. If you want a young running team that can run a vet team out the gym you take Ball. Examples

Wolves take Ball #1
C's take Fultz #1
Suns take Ball #1
Heat take Fultz #1
Mavs take Ball ...
Lakers take Fultz ...
Nuggets take Ball...
76ers take which ever one needs surgery and will sit out his rookie year.
TP

« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2017, 09:03:34 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

I admit Im bias when it comes to Ball. I acknowledge Fultz has more talent, and you know what. Fultz could be a great Avery Bradley replacement if he gets to pricey.

Ball can't do that. He can't replace Bradley. I just think Ball plays old school Celtic basketball. Would be a treat to watch either guy.

Yup....he lets us let a guard go.
I still want Giles though.

« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2017, 10:10:43 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

Your link is from Dec 2nd, he's shooting 41% from 3 now, 48% overall.  Ball is at 43% from 3, 53% overall. 

I don't know how many of you actually watch the games, but when I do I see a scorer in Fultz, but a basketball player in Ball.  Does so much more to positively impact the game than Fultz.  He's my pick.

Fultz is averaging 22.2 pts, 5.8 rebounds, 6.1 assists, 1.3 blocks ad 1.6 steals
Ball is averaging 14.6 pts, 5.5 rebounds, 8.0 assists, 0.9 blocks ad 1.8 steals

Both guys do it all.

« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2017, 08:51:56 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2017, 10:05:00 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
https://medium.com/@jzmazlish/coming-to-the-church-of-lonzo-part-1-4d00ef27c32e#.ysvjc5q9b

https://medium.com/@jzmazlish/coming-to-the-church-of-lonzo-part-2-cb35f54ddb28#.ogq7byhb1

Adding more fuel to the Lonzo Ball of Fire  ;)

Some draft experts are saying he could be an all-time great... 8)

"Lonzo is almost certainly going to be an efficient offensive player in the NBA because he exclusively shoots from three and at the rim. In many ways, it is a strength in Lonzo’s profile and a weakness in guys like Fultz and Fox’s that they have such an affinity for the mid-range."

I think there's some delusion there... we don't have to look back farther than last year's Finals where a player like Steph Curry (who Ball emulates) probably needed another scoring niche than jacking up 30 footers in that game 7 because once his three ball was off he was essentially BBQ chicken out there. For this "expert" to shed off points from Fultz and the other point guards because they can get points in more ways than Ball tells me that this kid farts and someone will write how it smells like their grandma's cooking.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 11:27:11 AM by CelticGuardian »