Author Topic: Hassan whiteside is Available  (Read 1553 times)

Hassan whiteside is Available
« on: January 13, 2017, 06:47:54 AM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
According to zach lowe of ESPN Whiteside is available for a trade.

http://allucanheat.com/2017/01/07/lowe-says-no-one-untouchable-miami-heat/

What would you guys be willing to give up for him.
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: Hassan whiteside is Available
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 07:02:58 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Miami looks like they're in full tank mode and I don't like it since they're only 2 games (3 games in wins column) behind Boston, err, Brooklyn.

Whiteside would help for sure but DA wouldn't trade for that contract, given what it would take to match up a trade.

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 07:05:20 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I'm always of the default assumption that a team knows its own players best.  The Heat signed Whiteside to a mega deal, declaring him the new face of the franchise, letting a franchise star like Wade leave in free agency, and six months later would trade him?  If it's anything beyond the usual "we listen to offers on anyone type of thing" that would give me a lot of pause. He was merely months ago a franchise cornerstone whom they were building around -- what's changed?

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 07:12:13 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I don't like the idea of trading for him at all but if I were then I would take the Nets picks off the table, as well as Smart, Brown, IT and Horford.

It's probably be based around Bradley and BOS 18, probably with young guys like Rozier and the rights to Yab or Zizic included as well.

With other cheaper options like Noel and Bogut on the table I don't see the appeal though

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 07:25:58 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I'm always of the default assumption that a team knows its own players best.  The Heat signed Whiteside to a mega deal, declaring him the new face of the franchise, letting a franchise star like Wade leave in free agency, and six months later would trade him?  If it's anything beyond the usual "we listen to offers on anyone type of thing" that would give me a lot of pause. He was merely months ago a franchise cornerstone whom they were building around -- what's changed?

What has changed is the era of this sport. Teams, one by one, realize that big man who can't stretch the floor are a liability. Marc Gasol, Brooke Lopez extending their range is not a trend thing but more like a "I'm saving my carrier here".
Defense has become too good in the paint. You need to strech the defense all around the perimeter.
That's what most of the Celtics' fans don't get. They are obsess by rebounding. They don't realize that if we have a rebounder who can't stretch the floor, our offense will die. It's a trade off.
What we need is a rebounder that can shoot the 3s and is good in full court transition play as well.

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 07:29:12 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Yeah..this is suspicious.  Theysigned him for too much  He is a good player , but not a franchise player like KG was.  I don't like his attitude , and very poor team game. Super low IQ .  He does not seem like a guy DA would want on his team.  Rather have Noel

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 07:41:42 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I don't think Riley would ever make a deal with Ainge. They really don't like each other.

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 08:09:11 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Saying no one is untouchable and saying someone is available are two entirely different things.  Lebron James and Steph Curry are probably the only two truly untouchable players in the entire league. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 08:11:29 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

I agree with what you are saying saltlover, BUT I do believe that the Heat NEVER EVER dreamed that Wade would leave.  They anticipated his VET presence helping to be a role model for HW to help him mature, but Wade jetted for Chi-town.

Smitty77

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 08:14:30 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

What has changed is the era of this sport. Teams, one by one, realize that big man who can't stretch the floor are a liability. Marc Gasol, Brooke Lopez extending their range is not a trend thing but more like a "I'm saving my carrier here".
Defense has become too good in the paint. You need to strech the defense all around the perimeter.
That's what most of the Celtics' fans don't get. They are obsess by rebounding. They don't realize that if we have a rebounder who can't stretch the floor, our offense will die. It's a trade off.
What we need is a rebounder that can shoot the 3s and is good in full court transition play as well.

This is WHY GS won the title two years ago with Bogut and WHY Cleveland won it last year with TT, right??  Neither stretch the floor!!!!  I really tire of this unproven assumption.

Smitty77

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2017, 08:18:34 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

This is WHY GS won the title two years ago with Bogut and WHY Cleveland won it last year with TT, right??  Neither stretch the floor!!!!  I really tire of this unproven assumption.

Smitty77
and the Conference Finals losers had Jonas Valanciunas and Steven Adams as their starting centers.  In their basically 8 combined seasons Valanciunas and Adams have taken a combined 5 three pointers (6 total if you count the playoffs). 

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2017, 08:50:32 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167

Smitty77

You are telling me that all the coaches are wrong ?

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2017, 08:54:48 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

What's changed?  They are terrible.

Having said that, just because there is a report that he is "available" does not mean there is any likelihood he is traded.  98% of players in the league are "available" - if there is a deal out there to make your team better (or your future brighter) you do it.

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2017, 09:07:48 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Smitty77

You are telling me that all the coaches are wrong ?
Nope.  He was saying you were wrong.