Author Topic: Bleacher Reports predicts Celtics to stand pat in trade market  (Read 7805 times)

Re: Bleacher Reports predicts Celtics to stand pat in trade market
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2017, 05:05:19 PM »

Online heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
I think the story is spot on. Especially this bit:

The Golden State Warriors are the Golden State Warriors. LeBron is LeBron. Why needlessly accelerate towards a brick wall, then watch as teams with bright futures and a plethora of assets zoom on by?

If I'm the Cs, I sit back, maybe kick tires here and there, but I don't feel a need to trade for the sake of trading.
Sober thought - kinda sucks for some fans. You want to see the C's put up a good fight but you know that the talent is below CLE and TOR. You want to shake it up to go further in the playoffs but you know that it will only harm us in the LONG long run. Looking forward to June already!!!

We're right there with Toronto.

No we are not....that's a false perception. We are at the top of Tier 3 in the EC. You can say that we lost without AB in the lineup but if you watched the game we gave 110% effort and still lost.
Our record vs +.600 teams is really bad AND we are either 0-2 or 0-3 vs Toronto this year.

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2017, 05:05:31 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Well if Bleacher Report predicted it then I guess I can just stop checking Hoopshype for the next 6 weeks now.  Celtics are standing pat, guys.  It's official.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2017, 05:15:45 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I think the story is spot on. Especially this bit:

The Golden State Warriors are the Golden State Warriors. LeBron is LeBron. Why needlessly accelerate towards a brick wall, then watch as teams with bright futures and a plethora of assets zoom on by?

If I'm the Cs, I sit back, maybe kick tires here and there, but I don't feel a need to trade for the sake of trading.
Sober thought - kinda sucks for some fans. You want to see the C's put up a good fight but you know that the talent is below CLE and TOR. You want to shake it up to go further in the playoffs but you know that it will only harm us in the LONG long run. Looking forward to June already!!!

We're right there with Toronto.

No we are not....that's a false perception. We are at the top of Tier 3 in the EC. You can say that we lost without AB in the lineup but if you watched the game we gave 110% effort and still lost.
Our record vs +.600 teams is really bad AND we are either 0-2 or 0-3 vs Toronto this year.
"you can say we lost without AB in the lineup" and that would be completely accurate. You cant act like missing a starter isnt at the very least a mitigating factor.

We are 0-2 against them. We lost the other game without Isaiah Thomas. We are just 2 games behind them in the standings and our best 5 (starters - Amir + Smart) have missed 28 games to Toronto's 12.

For my money, healthy boston is better than healthy Toronto. Also as much as we Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. about Isaiah not being effective in the playoffs Derozan drops off even more come playoff time.

In a 7 game series Im taking the home team. They are no longer clearly ahead of us.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2017, 05:22:52 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
As they should.  Barring a miracle, we're not winning a title this year no matter what moves we make.   Prep for the nextgen Celts.

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2017, 05:24:43 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Well if Bleacher Report predicted it then I guess I can just stop checking Hoopshype for the next 6 weeks now.  Celtics are standing pat, guys.  It's official.

You should never repeatedly check Hoopshype....

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2017, 05:27:20 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
Yesterday Bleacher Report also ranked Isaiah Thomas the 11th best PG in the league.  ::)

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2017, 05:28:38 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Yesterday Bleacher Report also ranked Isaiah Thomas the 11th best PG in the league.  ::)
I saw that list.  They had Conley ahead of him which I didn't really agree with.  But did any of the other guys selected ahead of him offend you?

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2017, 05:30:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
We k ew 3-4 years ago .   The East belongs to LeBron .   When he finally show true significant demise to his  game .  Then other teams can step in . 

It will take putting a team with the Top three or five players in the east  to challenge LeBron.

George , Davis , and Butler and a solid bench would be a good team .

Unless somebody puts together a Warriors / Spurs like team in the east ...LeBron is king

We got a great FO and Coach , but not the talent to beat LeBron in a series .

Cousins is the only single player that could turn the tide on LeBron.

It's weird ....Cousins could supplant LeBron in a few years as the best player in the east.

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2017, 05:33:20 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I will be shocked if we don't add someone who can rebound. I'm hoping that we will get Bogut as soon as Zeller is eligable to be traded.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2017, 05:34:17 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
I saw that list.  They had Conley ahead of him which I didn't really agree with.  But did any of the other guys selected ahead of him offend you?

I only saw that post on instagram and didn´t even bother to check the list out, did they have a point?

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2017, 05:37:22 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

I only saw that post on instagram and didn´t even bother to check the list out, did they have a point?

Yeah,  IT's defense played a decent role in knocking him down in the rankings.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2017, 05:43:02 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I will be shocked if we don't add someone who can rebound. I'm hoping that we will get Bogut as soon as Zeller is eligable to be traded.

I like Bogut but he is so injury prone he can't be counted on.  Also, I don't think the Mavs would trade him for Zeller.  One expiring contract for another expiring one doesn't help them at all.  They want young controllable  players or picks. 

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2017, 05:45:04 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum

Okay, I can accept that. I never realized that his defense was that bad, maybe someone here could break it down?

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2017, 06:29:09 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

They had it as:

#1 - Westbrook
#2 - Harden
#3 - CP3
#4 - Curry
#5 - Lowry
#6 - Wall
#7 - Kemba
#8 - Kyrie
#9 - Lillard
#10 - Conley
#11 - Thomas

I can see the logic in most of those. 

I was ready to get mad about Kemba walker, but I see he's shooting 47%/42%/83% after shooting pretty weak percentages his first 4 seasons.  Gives me hope for Smart.

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2017, 06:34:24 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

The fact the IT's PER is 3.80 points HIGHER than Kemba doesn't concern people?  Really??????????  This list is a JOKE!!!

Smitty77