Author Topic: If the Knicks offered Carmelo for Crowder  (Read 9380 times)

Re: If the Knicks offered Carmelo for Crowder
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2017, 02:26:52 AM »

Offline sawick48

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Carmelo has a no trade clause and a wife that wants to stay in NYC, which is why he forced his way to the Knicks in the first place. He isnt getting traded anytime soon.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24622633/report-carmelo-anthony-has-no-trade-clause-opt-out-in-new-deal

Small obstacle. If knicks tell melo and agent we dont want you...he will opt out imo. He is kind of sensitive

This would be a good thing for the Celts..  light a fire under his azz

It's been widely reported that what the original poster has here is the belief around the league.  Melo don't own that ntc, LaLa does.  And she isn't working on her clothing line in the city of Boston.  And as for the Knicks just needing to tell Melo they're done with him, I'd argue because of the ntc it's actually Melo who has the leverage in that situation.  "you may be done with me but I'm not being traded anywhere so I'll sit home, collect my checks, and you can have an albatross sitting on your books keeping you from improving your team."  Nevermind the divide in the lockerroom such an action would create.  0% chance.

Back to the wife/ntc situation though, if Melo gets traded it's probably only to one of 3 teams he'd/LaLa would allow: either of the LA clubs, or Miami.  I could see MAYBE Cleveland if LeBron does enough coaxing and Melo were in the last year of his deal.