Author Topic: Your top three 2017 nbadraft picks for the Celtics  (Read 13633 times)

Re: Your top three 2017 nbadraft picks for the Celtics
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2017, 11:33:54 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
Its looking more and more like a three way race to the top between Fultz, Ball, Jackson

Tatum Duke has lost 2 in a row.  ok season so far.   Has all around stats but poor in efficiency.  Just not looking like the "man" of the team. And instead looking like a Tobias Harris..  Stats are there. But team is not winning

Fultz on the other hand, even though his team is below average is putting up top numbers.  Points, assists, rebounding

Ball and Jackson play for two of the top 2 teams in the country... but are the key reasons why their teams are so good.   Monk is also performing well (mainly as a scorer).... Giles needs more time and hasn't had a big game yet

right now i would rank ...

1. Fultz
2. Ball
2. Jackson (tied with Ball)
3. Monk

tier 2
Ntilikina
Fox
Tatum
Smith

tier 3
Isaac
Bridges
Bacon
Rabb

Inconclusive
Giles

Jonathan Isaac is in the same tier 2 as Tatum. Probably is the better prospect too.

« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2017, 12:00:32 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Fultz
Giles
Giles

« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2017, 12:48:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Its looking more and more like a three way race to the top between Fultz, Ball, Jackson

Tatum Duke has lost 2 in a row.  ok season so far.   Has all around stats but poor in efficiency.  Just not looking like the "man" of the team. And instead looking like a Tobias Harris..  Stats are there. But team is not winning

Fultz on the other hand, even though his team is below average is putting up top numbers.  Points, assists, rebounding

Ball and Jackson play for two of the top 2 teams in the country... but are the key reasons why their teams are so good.   Monk is also performing well (mainly as a scorer).... Giles needs more time and hasn't had a big game yet

1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Monk

tier 2
Ntilikina
Fox
Tatum
Smith

tier 3
Isaac
Bridges
Bacon
Rabb

Inconclusive
Giles

Jonathan Isaac is in the same tier 2 as Tatum. Probably is the better prospect too.

Isaac has tier 1 upside...but his so so production and passive play at times is what puts him in my tier 3 ..... he needs to add strength and build a killer instinct

« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2017, 05:23:34 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
When people discuss this draft so many fans seem to act like it's Fultz or bust.  Why is that?  He's not on the top of every mock draft right now and it's still super early.  Opinions will change dramatically between now and the draft.

Come on Lar, someone with your intellect can't make the assumption that Fultz is going to be #1. I'm really surprised by the lack of hype on this kid. Reminds me of Kyrie/Harden. I think he is far and way better than anyone in this draft. Would def be on a tier by himself imo. Hopefully we have a shot at him.

Ball is my second favorite, but we really need a scorer.

« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2017, 09:23:48 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
When people discuss this draft so many fans seem to act like it's Fultz or bust.  Why is that?  He's not on the top of every mock draft right now and it's still super early.  Opinions will change dramatically between now and the draft.

Come on Lar, someone with your intellect can't make the assumption that Fultz is going to be #1. I'm really surprised by the lack of hype on this kid. Reminds me of Kyrie/Harden. I think he is far and way better than anyone in this draft. Would def be on a tier by himself imo. Hopefully we have a shot at him.

You have to admit though, Ball plays the way the C's want to play, fast and efficient. His efg% is .657, and while he doesn't score a lot inside and he loses his balance on contested shots, his stroke is looking special if it sticks in the NBA.

I agree though, I think Fultz is the more blue-chip prospect of the two, probably will be the elite scorer he projects to be and has the least red flags out of any of these guys. But the way Lonzo Ball plays the game of basketball, he could end up being an all-time great in the modern NBA.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 09:30:29 AM by CelticGuardian »

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2017, 02:21:29 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Monk

tier 2
Ntilikina
Fox
Tatum
Smith

tier 3
Isaac
Bridges
Bacon
Rabb

Inconclusive
Giles

Isaac has tier 1 upside...but his so so production and passive play at times is what puts him in my tier 3 ..... he needs to add strength and build a killer instinct

I do not know about tier 1 upside.

Isaac looks more like the a complementary star like a Rashard Lewis. A dodgy 2nd option or preferably 3rd star on a top team.

I am not sure he has enough ball-handling, shot creation and/or playmaking to be a 1st / 2nd option.

« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2017, 02:45:44 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

You have to admit though, Ball plays the way the C's want to play, fast and efficient. His efg% is .657, and while he doesn't score a lot inside and he loses his balance on contested shots, his stroke is looking special if it sticks in the NBA.

I agree though, I think Fultz is the more blue-chip prospect of the two, probably will be the elite scorer he projects to be and has the least red flags out of any of these guys. But the way Lonzo Ball plays the game of basketball, he could end up being an all-time great in the modern NBA.
Disagree..the ideal way is everyone can pass, not focus to one person,(even if he doesn't hug the ball), unless you have enough fire power but that's what we lack
and you can't play the fast game in the playoffs
Ball is very talented, so smooth, but as long as he can't attack the rim i am not comfortable with him

« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2017, 02:59:16 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

Disagree..the ideal way is everyone can pass, not focus to one person,(even if he doesn't hug the ball), unless you have enough fire power but that's what we lack

Ball is very talented, so smooth, but as long as he can't attack the rim i am not comfortable with him

The first part you describe exactly why you want Ball and not Fultz.  Regarding the "you can't play the fast game in the playoffs", you obviously haven't been paying attention the last couple of years.

« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2017, 03:22:00 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.

The first part you describe exactly why you want Ball and not Fultz.  Regarding the "you can't play the fast game in the playoffs", you obviously haven't been paying attention the last couple of years.

There's also the danger of him not having another ace up his sleeve... Steph Curry didn't look so hot last finals once his threes were taken away from him.

Ball has done just one pull up from midrange his entire time in college and he has also missed some gimmies (layups) on occasion. I think for the C's offensively he could be the catalyst for  Brad's schemes, could make Jaylen much more exciting to watch and Smart a better shooter.