Author Topic: Your top three 2017 nbadraft picks for the Celtics  (Read 13605 times)

Re: Your top three 2017 nbadraft picks for the Celtics
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2017, 08:48:49 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
(1) Fultz
(2) Patton
(3) Tatum

Wildcard - Giles

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2017, 09:16:26 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
(1) Fultz
(2) Patton
(3) Tatum

Wildcard - Giles

Patton is an intriguing prospect... Like Isaac

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2017, 10:16:17 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Ball
Fultz
Jackson

Giles

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2017, 11:00:01 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
1) Issac
2) Tatum
3) Patton (hoping he doesn't play well enough to warrant us using the BKN pick on him)

Don't want to draft a point guard unless it results in a PG13 blockbuster

« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2017, 01:56:54 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148
When people discuss this draft so many fans seem to act like it's Fultz or bust.  Why is that?  He's not on the top of every mock draft right now and it's still super early.  Opinions will change dramatically between now and the draft.

Yeah, the tournament changes things and even the pre-draft workouts and whatnot changes things. Fultz looks good but isn't it just the one really good year?

« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2017, 02:10:01 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
When people discuss this draft so many fans seem to act like it's Fultz or bust.  Why is that?  He's not on the top of every mock draft right now and it's still super early.  Opinions will change dramatically between now and the draft.

Yeah, the tournament changes things and even the pre-draft workouts and whatnot changes things. Fultz looks good but isn't it just the one really good year?

Fultz grabbed the undisputed best prospect spot when he tore up FIBA America's U18 Championship taking MVP for team USA last season. College success is great and important since its basically the second best league in the world but it's a different game.

https://youtu.be/rORTGA3h6uY

Fultz looked like he could walk onto the actual team USA which runs a system that plays more similar to the NBA. To me it's still Fultz and then the field. Only player in the draft the I'm confident to say right now will be a multiple All Star.

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2017, 03:30:57 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I also love Bridges, i believe he will be a dominant force in the NBA because he can shoot.

I also like Justin Patton the 7 footer from Creighton-only just growing into his body but tremendous NBA upside as a stretch 5. Has solid footwork and footspeed and can guard the pick and roll very well for his age and size. Just needs 3 or 4 years of lifting and plyometrics.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 03:45:18 AM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2017, 03:44:19 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
1. Boogie
2A. George/Noel
3A. Butler/Noel

This, basically.  I don't like this draft for the Celtics.  Look at the list of PGs in this league right now and tell me that you have high confidence that Fultz, Ball, Smith, Fox, etc can be stars at their position.  PG play is absolutely incredible in this league right now.  You have guys like Eric Bledsoe and Mike Conley, both quality players, who are outside the top 10.  Isaiah Thomas is scoring 28 per game on fairly efficient shooting but might not be in the top 5.  It's insane. 

So unless Giles emerges as a player worthy of the top pick and his medicals check out, I'm looking at every opportunity to trade this pick.

Fultz, Ball, and Fox can all play shooting guard.  If this is truly going to be ITs team, then we can't afford to pay Bradley and we'll need a shooting guard.   And for those in the anti Thomas camp, all three are really good at the point too.  Also, lets not forget that Tatum looks too be really good as well.   For what its worth I would draft either Fultz or Ball #1 over both Andrew Wiggins and Ben Simmons, based solely on what they've shown in college.  I think if we get picks 1 or 2 we are in great shape for the future.  My top three:  Fultz or Ball 1 & 2 but my preference is really to whoever I watched play last, as they are both great prospects.  Number three for me is Tatum.
I love Fox but he can't play shooting guard.  He's lacking the most fundamental ingredient: shooting.  I really hope that changes.  Simmons would go #1 in this draft.  Wiggins would probably go around #5.

No way Wiggins goes five in this draft. It's about scouts and hype. Wiggins was the best prospect since Durant.

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2017, 06:45:42 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Hmmmm? sounds like no Jordan/Duncan/Lebron in this draft... I say trade it.

« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2017, 07:29:12 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Hmmmm? sounds like no Jordan/Duncan/Lebron in this draft... I say trade it.
Hmm...doesn't seem like there's a surefire transcendent prospect but there are guys who have a fair shot of being that, anyways Jordan is not a good example imo because he was never looked as a transcendent prospect, I mean he was looked as a potential superstar but he was never expected to be transcendent/the legend he is today. There was a reason why he was picked 3rd, the big men before him were projected to be transcendent (I know Bowie busted but he was expected to be a Bill Walton type of guy while Olajuwon became transcendent) while he was "only" projected to be a superstar.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2017, 10:26:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Its looking more and more like a three way race to the top between Fultz, Ball, Jackson

Tatum Duke has lost 2 in a row.  ok season so far.   Has all around stats but poor in efficiency.  Just not looking like the "man" of the team. And instead looking like a Tobias Harris..  Stats are there. But team is not winning

Fultz on the other hand, even though his team is below average is putting up top numbers.  Points, assists, rebounding

Ball and Jackson play for two of the top 2 teams in the country... but are the key reasons why their teams are so good.   Monk is also performing well (mainly as a scorer).... Giles needs more time and hasn't had a big game yet

right now i would rank ...

1. Fultz
2. Ball
2. Jackson (tied with Ball)
3. Monk

tier 2
Ntilikina
Fox
Tatum
Smith

tier 3
Isaac
Bridges
Bacon
Rabb

Inconclusive
Giles

« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2017, 10:36:41 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Its looking more and more like a three way race to the top between Fultz, Ball, Jackson

Tatum Duke has lost 2 in a row.  ok season so far.   Has all around stats but poor in efficiency.  Just not looking like the "man" of the team. And instead looking like a Tobias Harris..  Stats are there. But team is not winning

Fultz on the other hand, even though his team is below average is putting up top numbers.  Points, assists, rebounding

Ball and Jackson play for two of the top 2 teams in the country... but are the key reasons why their teams are so good.   Monk is also performing well (mainly as a scorer).... Giles needs more time and hasn't had a big game yet

1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Monk

tier 2
Ntilikina
Fox
Tatum
Smith

tier 3
Isaac
Bridges
Bacon
Rabb

Inconclusive
Giles
Bacon in tier 3?  He may not even be a 1st round pick.  I wouldn't have Rabb in tier 3 either.  I'd definitely take Markkanen over Rabb.  I'd probably take Williams and Patton over Rabb too. 

« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2017, 10:57:50 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Monk

tier 2
Ntilikina
Fox
Tatum
Smith

tier 3
Isaac
Bridges
Bacon
Rabb

Inconclusive
Giles
Bacon in tier 3?  He may not even be a 1st round pick.  I wouldn't have Rabb in tier 3 either.  I'd definitely take Markkanen over Rabb.  I'd probably take Williams and Patton over Rabb too.

Take a look at stats before you dismiss bacon and rabb

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2017, 11:50:51 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Monk

tier 2
Ntilikina
Fox
Tatum
Smith

tier 3
Isaac
Bridges
Bacon
Rabb

Inconclusive
Giles

I prefer to watch the prospects play.  Rabb is a very good rebounder in a PF body but that's about it.  He may be Sully without the weight problem.  I like Bacon but not better than a late 1st rounder.  Not sure what you see in his stats to suggest he's a lottery pick. 

« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2017, 01:01:26 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Monk

tier 2
Ntilikina
Fox
Tatum
Smith

tier 3
Isaac
Bridges
Bacon
Rabb

Inconclusive
Giles

I had Rabb in my Tier 3 as well, he could end up being the toughest defensive, rebounding PF in the lottery which we could really use.

I'm all for the dream scenario of The Sixers ending up with picks 3 and 8, thinking it's a two player draft, and trading them to us for the first pick so they could take Fultz or Ball.

At 3 we could weigh our options between Jackson, Tatum, or Dennis Smith Jr. and at 8 we could take Rabb or Markanen (if we were to let Kelly walk) to start developing next to Horford. Only thing I wpould question is how well Rabb and Brown got along at Cal considering that team missed the tournament.