Author Topic: Your top three 2017 nbadraft picks for the Celtics  (Read 13766 times)

Re: Your top three 2017 nbadraft picks for the Celtics
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2017, 02:14:20 PM »

Offline showtime

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20
I hope we trade this pick, but if not, Monk.

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2017, 03:19:20 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Tier 1:  Players who have a chance to be legitimate stars and even if they're not, they'll probably be useful like Marcus Smart is
Fultz
Ball
Josh Jackson
Tatum
Harry Giles

Tier 2: Players who will likely be useful rotation players and will have affordable first contracts relative to their production, although there will be a few outright busts from this group
Frank Ntilikina
Jonathan Issac
Lauri Markkannen (he is not a KO clone)
De'Aaron Fox
OG Anoubi
Ivan Rabb

Tier 3: Guys that will put up offensive stats while not playing defense, which will get fans overattached to them at the expense of flexibility.  They will also probably be poor at getting their teammates involved in the offense and will command contracts above what their true value is to the team
Dennis Smith
Malik Monk

;D

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2017, 11:40:47 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I like this list, but every time I see Fultz I think he's in your Tier 3.

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2017, 12:25:14 AM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
1. Boogie
2A. George/Noel
3A. Butler/Noel

This, basically.  I don't like this draft for the Celtics.  Look at the list of PGs in this league right now and tell me that you have high confidence that Fultz, Ball, Smith, Fox, etc can be stars at their position.  PG play is absolutely incredible in this league right now.  You have guys like Eric Bledsoe and Mike Conley, both quality players, who are outside the top 10.  Isaiah Thomas is scoring 28 per game on fairly efficient shooting but might not be in the top 5.  It's insane. 

So unless Giles emerges as a player worthy of the top pick and his medicals check out, I'm looking at every opportunity to trade this pick.

Fultz, Ball, and Fox can all play shooting guard.  If this is truly going to be ITs team, then we can't afford to pay Bradley and we'll need a shooting guard.   And for those in the anti Thomas camp, all three are really good at the point too.  Also, lets not forget that Tatum looks too be really good as well.   For what its worth I would draft either Fultz or Ball #1 over both Andrew Wiggins and Ben Simmons, based solely on what they've shown in college.  I think if we get picks 1 or 2 we are in great shape for the future.  My top three:  Fultz or Ball 1 & 2 but my preference is really to whoever I watched play last, as they are both great prospects.  Number three for me is Tatum.

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2017, 01:04:42 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Fultz

Monk

Giles

Monk looks like Dwayne Wade with a jumpshot to me. Plays no D but looks like he could. He has that crazy confidence of a top level scorer. He can pull up on a dime, playoff the ball, shoot the 3, take it to the hoop. We don't really have a spot for him without a trade but so far he's my guy!

Wade? Really

Wadeish? He has crazy athleticism and ability to get to the hoop and he shoots lights out and he'll get better. Obviously  he's not Wade but has that kind of highlights kind of game that the NBA favors and rewards with "NBA" calls. Every team need s a player like that. Fultz and Ball look like very exciting players as well.

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2017, 01:12:07 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Fultz first....

for the second pick I would take Fultz again just in case they did not record the first pick, and for the

third pick I would pick Fultz again just to show him and the world how much we want him.

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2017, 01:38:43 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
1. Boogie
2A. George/Noel
3A. Butler/Noel

This, basically.  I don't like this draft for the Celtics.  Look at the list of PGs in this league right now and tell me that you have high confidence that Fultz, Ball, Smith, Fox, etc can be stars at their position.  PG play is absolutely incredible in this league right now.  You have guys like Eric Bledsoe and Mike Conley, both quality players, who are outside the top 10.  Isaiah Thomas is scoring 28 per game on fairly efficient shooting but might not be in the top 5.  It's insane. 

So unless Giles emerges as a player worthy of the top pick and his medicals check out, I'm looking at every opportunity to trade this pick.

Fultz, Ball, and Fox can all play shooting guard.  If this is truly going to be ITs team, then we can't afford to pay Bradley and we'll need a shooting guard.   And for those in the anti Thomas camp, all three are really good at the point too.  Also, lets not forget that Tatum looks too be really good as well.   For what its worth I would draft either Fultz or Ball #1 over both Andrew Wiggins and Ben Simmons, based solely on what they've shown in college.  I think if we get picks 1 or 2 we are in great shape for the future.  My top three:  Fultz or Ball 1 & 2 but my preference is really to whoever I watched play last, as they are both great prospects.  Number three for me is Tatum.
I love Fox but he can't play shooting guard.  He's lacking the most fundamental ingredient: shooting.  I really hope that changes.  Simmons would go #1 in this draft.  Wiggins would probably go around #5.

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2017, 12:58:42 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
Fultz

Monk

Giles

Monk looks like Dwayne Wade with a jumpshot to me. Plays no D but looks like he could. He has that crazy confidence of a top level scorer. He can pull up on a dime, playoff the ball, shoot the 3, take it to the hoop. We don't really have a spot for him without a trade but so far he's my guy!

Wade? Really

Monk is the new Richard Hamilton without the facemask.

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2017, 01:07:34 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
Monk looks nothing like Wade, at least in my opinion. 25 year old Wade is the guy you want driving to the hoop. Monk is a guy you want to shoot.

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2017, 10:36:46 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Fultz

Monk

Giles

Wade? Really

Monk is the new Richard Hamilton without the facemask.

Good comp style wise, but Hamilton was 3-4" taller.

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2017, 11:05:55 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
1. Boogie
2A. George/Noel
3A. Butler/Noel

I love Fox but he can't play shooting guard.  He's lacking the most fundamental ingredient: shooting.  I really hope that changes.  Simmons would go #1 in this draft.  Wiggins would probably go around #5.
well, since CBS' system doesnt use a shooting guard in how his runs his offense, the points above may not matter.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2017, 01:01:19 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
#1. Fultz.
#2. Trade for star.
#3. Trade for star.

I feel Fultz is going to be a lot better than Dunn who was last year's top drafted guard.

Also because Fultz is 6'4 with a 6'10 wingspan I feel like he can play some SG for us as well.
Or we could just play a 2-pg lineup with IT and Fultz.

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2017, 01:17:51 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Trade down and take Jonathan Isaac from FSU!!!!

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jonathan-isaac

Smitty77

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2017, 02:25:11 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Monk looks nothing like Wade, at least in my opinion. 25 year old Wade is the guy you want driving to the hoop. Monk is a guy you want to shoot.

Maybe a bad comp. but he has those Wade hops...

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2017, 02:26:20 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
When people discuss this draft so many fans seem to act like it's Fultz or bust.  Why is that?  He's not on the top of every mock draft right now and it's still super early.  Opinions will change dramatically between now and the draft.