Author Topic: Keith Smith: There is significant interest in Ante Zizic around the league.  (Read 7119 times)

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Sources: There has been significant interest in Celtics draftee Ante Zizic. Zizic has looked good in both Croatia and Turkey this season.
Keith Smith
https://mobile.twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/818241951770279936

Not familiar with Keith Smith or his alleged sources but also not surprised that teams might be interested in the big fella.

Frankly I'm guessing most of these teams had their chance to draft him last year and it was Danny's foresight that let him fall into our laps 23. Unless the rights to Ante Zizic are the final straw that broke the camel's back in a blockbuster trade I say let's keep him, see if we have, and hope that we found our next starting center.

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
now I want to see him in Celtics green asap! Actually bring on Yabu too, let's clear some space on our roster like sending away Zeller and Jerebko at least to make some room

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I posted this in the Zizic Darüşşafaka thread. I'm glad to hear he's performing well enough that other NBA teams are interested in him. That said, I really really hope we hold on to him and bring him in next season. That kid is hungry to play here and will make an impact.

Keith Smith is actually a writer for Celtics Blog and RealGM. Also a great follow on twitter @KeithSmithNBA

http://www.sbnation.com/users/Keith%20P%20Smith?_ga=1.203164753.1307234407.1480954847

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Sources: There has been significant interest in Celtics draftee Ante Zizic. Zizic has looked good in both Croatia and Turkey this season.
Keith Smith

Not familiar with Keith Smith or his alleged sources but also not surprised that teams might be interested in the big fella.

Frankly I'm guessing most of these teams had their chance to draft him last year and it was Danny's foresight that let him fall into our laps 23. Unless the rights to Ante Zizic are the final straw that broke the camel's back in a blockbuster trade I say let's keep him, see if we have, and hope that we found our next starting center.

All I know of Keith Smith is that he started the absurd Blake Griffin rumors over the summer that took over the site.  Since then, I've decided his sources aren't so good.

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
I'd trade Zeller and a second for Bogut and keep Jerebeko because of his versatility. Bring over Zizic and Yab to see what they have and waive Mickey and Young, unless there is some trade value for Mickey (second round pick, more likely)

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
now I want to see him in Celtics green asap! Actually bring on Yabu too, let's clear some space on our roster like sending away Zeller and Jerebko at least to make some room

I'd love to see Zizic in Boston now, but I can't imagine Danny doing that since we would lose a year of control over him.

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

I'd love to see Zizic in Boston now, but I can't imagine Danny doing that since we would lose a year of control over him.
That's rarely a leading factor in the NBA -- contracts are shorter, careers are shorter, and people who can play will get paid sooner rather than later. That's not MLB where you have an elaborate minor league system, endless arbitrations and guys that play well into their late 30s.

To me it just makes no sense to bring in a 20 year old guy with zero NBA experience in the middle of the season with no SL, preseason or training camp. You're not going to get much.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

The only draft pick I've ever hit the nail on the head with is Ante Zizic! I started the Forget Bender draft Zizic thread!

Can't wait to see him here next year!

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

The only draft pick I've ever hit the nail on the head with is Ante Zizic! I started the Forget Bender draft Zizic thread!

I wanted Danny to take him at 16.  Can't believe he slid to 23!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

Yeah I was all in on him, if I was a GM, I would have taken him about 10th.  I really hope we don't trade him unless we get absolutely bonkers value for him.  I think he'll be an above average player for sure and he's really fun to watch.

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126

I first posted about him on March 23rd 2016, I got you beat  ;D

Although I was originally a Zubac guy because of his height, but once I saw their numbers compared I had to switch lol.

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Those are the trades I'm trying to make.

Danny's in a position where he can bring in a big to help out Horford/Amir/KO without losing any of our current top 9 rotational players (including Green over Rozier/Jerebko) or our BKN picks.

Zizic, Rozier, Jerebko, Zeller, Yabu, non-BKN firsts.  Some team has to eventually bite at our pu-pu platter, right?  Wouldn't mind including Amir or KO if the value was there.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Good to hear.

We will need an affordable backup big man to replace Jerebko / Zeller / Amir.  Especially in light of the fact that Mickey doesn't seem poised to break into the rotation anytime soon and might simply not be an NBA player (at least not on this team).
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Mempitt18

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Keith Smith= Smitty77

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
Keith Smith

I'm not even sure he was meant to drop so far down, the actual draft took an absolute deviation from how the public perceived the new players.