Author Topic: Sign Anthony Bennett and cut Young  (Read 6799 times)

Re: Sign Anthony Bennett and cut Young
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2017, 03:01:28 PM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Nah, I'd rather have Darko Milicic.

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2017, 05:14:10 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Maine can sign him and he can pound on Nader. Why Not?
IMO He is a bust!!!
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2017, 05:17:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Young s name in Chinese translation

Sum Yong  Brick

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2017, 09:13:44 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The magic eightball says  "will he ever not be a bust?"   NO.

"will people ever get that he is a bust?"   Signs point to NO.

I think at this point, Young has equal upside and eats less.

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2017, 09:23:41 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
we have Yabu and Zizic overseas, cutting Young to sign Bennett seems like a waste of time for me judging the fact if Yabu and Zizic are at least decent, we will cut Bennett once again. In that case cutting Young would be in complete vain. At least if we hold on to Young we can at least hope he can contribute next year at the wing or SG for 5-10 minutes if in a worst case scenario where at least both of Bradley/IT/Smart gets injured.

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2017, 09:23:54 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Young s name in Chinese translation

Sum Yong  Brick

WOW  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2017, 09:24:28 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Wow. Bennett is not even 24 yet.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2017, 09:32:12 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Wow. Bennett is not even 24 yet.

Anthony Bennett cut by Nets just 4 years after he was picked No. 1 overall- In his four seasons, he has only played 151 games while averaging 4.4 points and 3.1 rebounds on 39 percent shooting.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/1/9/14213146/anthony-bennett-cut-nets-top-worst-draft-pick-first-overall

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2017, 10:14:13 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
They both suck and don't belong in the NBA.

Bennett can rebound and give hard fouls.  I am sick and tired of us being accurately perceived as arguably the SOFTEST team in the NBA!!!  Sick of it!!!!

Smitty77
If Bennett could help us he wouldnt have been cut by the single worst team in the NBA.

Many of you are really giving the Nets and their organization MUCH MORE credit than they deserve!!!  Look at their track record of late!!!

Smitty77
fine. I will look at Toronto who dumped him. Or perhaps Ill look at Minnesota who dumped him before that. The guy clearly sucks.

Most guys dont get 4 chances to suck, and I dont mean dissapoint. I mean suck. Anthony Bennet did and he blew all 4 of them. PASS.

I would NOT hold up Minny as a tremendously run organization UNTIL and IF they actually start WINNING with all the young talent.  Accumulating young talent and WINNING are NOT one in the same!!  I realize that there are some on this board who are regulars that truly think that Minny's and Philly's futures are brighter than our future in Boston.  To be frank, I wonder why some of those incessantly singing Philly's praise are even on our board as they certainly seem to be more Sixers' fans than Celtics' fans!!

Smitty77

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2017, 10:25:08 PM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
He's probably better served playing for the Shanghai Sharks at this point.

Does that mean him and Yabu would be the new Bump & Thump ? ! ? !

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2017, 01:42:42 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
we have Yabu and Zizic overseas, cutting Young to sign Bennett seems like a waste of time for me judging the fact if Yabu and Zizic are at least decent, we will cut Bennett once again. In that case cutting Young would be in complete vain. At least if we hold on to Young we can at least hope he can contribute next year at the wing or SG for 5-10 minutes if in a worst case scenario where at least both of Bradley/IT/Smart gets injured.
I'd be more than willing to wager Young isn't going to be here next year.  worst case scenario is that he's still here taking up a roster spot that we couldn't fill with a better player.

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2017, 01:49:51 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
They both suck and don't belong in the NBA.

Bennett can rebound and give hard fouls.  I am sick and tired of us being accurately perceived as arguably the SOFTEST team in the NBA!!!  Sick of it!!!!

Smitty77
If Bennett could help us he wouldnt have been cut by the single worst team in the NBA.

Many of you are really giving the Nets and their organization MUCH MORE credit than they deserve!!!  Look at their track record of late!!!

Smitty77
fine. I will look at Toronto who dumped him. Or perhaps Ill look at Minnesota who dumped him before that. The guy clearly sucks.

Most guys dont get 4 chances to suck, and I dont mean dissapoint. I mean suck. Anthony Bennet did and he blew all 4 of them. PASS.

I would NOT hold up Minny as a tremendously run organization UNTIL and IF they actually start WINNING with all the young talent.  Accumulating young talent and WINNING are NOT one in the same!!  I realize that there are some on this board who are regulars that truly think that Minny's and Philly's futures are brighter than our future in Boston.  To be frank, I wonder why some of those incessantly singing Philly's praise are even on our board as they certainly seem to be more Sixers' fans than Celtics' fans!!

Smitty77
the bolded is completely completely irrelevant.

Im not saying these organizations are brilliantly run. Although Toronto is obviously quite well run. Also Brooklyn was absolutely Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ed by Billy King but new Management seems to have a solid head on their shoulders. Lastly, these are all NBA teams who gave Bennett a chance. Hes just blown said chance at every turn.

like I said, most guys dont get 4 chances. Bennett did, he blew them all.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2017, 02:21:18 PM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
If we are signing former #1Pick busts I'd rather Olowakandi.

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2017, 02:41:05 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Young's value right now is that he's been in the system for 3 years now. If we had a couple injuries, he could step in and do an ok job.

Even with the most optimistic projection for Bennett, it'd take time for Brad to work him in.

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2017, 02:43:57 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
If we are signing former #1Pick busts I'd rather Olowakandi.

Been there, done that.