Author Topic: Sign Anthony Bennett and cut Young  (Read 6823 times)

Re: Sign Anthony Bennett and cut Young
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2017, 12:35:28 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
If the Nets cut him I think that means he is pretty much done.  No reason to cut Young to sign a guy that is done.

But Young is NOT helping us AT ALL!!!!!  And we did NOT extend him a QO, so he is gone after this year anyway.

Smitty77

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2017, 12:36:32 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
They both suck and don't belong in the NBA.

Bennett can rebound and give hard fouls.  I am sick and tired of us being accurately perceived as arguably the SOFTEST team in the NBA!!!  Sick of it!!!!

Smitty77
If Bennett could help us he wouldnt have been cut by the single worst team in the NBA.

Many of you are really giving the Nets and their organization MUCH MORE credit than they deserve!!!  Look at their track record of late!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2017, 12:37:39 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Bennet has solified himself as the biggest #1 bust in NBA history ...
He was cut by the NETS!!!
How are you not getting this???

And the Nets are the BEST evaluators of talent in the NBA, right??  How are YOU NOT getting this???????

Smitty77

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2017, 12:38:19 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Bennett can rebound and give hard fouls.  I am sick and tired of us being accurately perceived as arguably the SOFTEST team in the NBA!!!  Sick of it!!!!

Smitty77

He can do that in a league other than the NBA. He just got cut by one of the worst teams in the league a season after being cut by one of the worst teams in the league. He's been cut by bad teams in consecutive seasons.

Did they have Brad Stevens coaching them??:-)))))

Smitty77

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2017, 12:40:23 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

You'd rather we were "tougher" but lose more?

Classic anonymous internet poster complaining about athletes being soft.

Please name a softer front line than ours!!  Please name the last time one of our bigs gave a truly HARD foul!!!

Call me what you want, but we ARE SOFT as Charmin down low.  That is NOT true of our guards, but is VERY TRUE of our PF's and Centers!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2017, 12:53:12 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
If you just want a strong guy we could sign Mike Tyson.  Or Ronda Rousey; she's looking for work. 

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2017, 01:14:48 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
If you just want a strong guy we could sign Mike Tyson.  Or Ronda Rousey; she's looking for work.

They're a little short:_))!!

Smitty77

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2017, 01:18:48 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
I'd try it for vet min.  We already know Young is garbage and won't get playing time.  Really no loss in trying it.

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2017, 01:21:00 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

They're a little short:_))!!

Smitty77
yeah but Bennett doesn't guard anyone or rebound either so what's the difference.  Get Potopenko back to throw some people around.  Charles Oakley...

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2017, 01:22:19 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I would rather sign somebody out of the D-League.  Bennett seemingly can't contribute.

The Nets signed Quincy Acy to a 10-day contract. That's a smart signing, and the type of guy we could use as a 12th man.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 01:29:19 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2017, 01:27:59 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Smitty77
If Bennett could help us he wouldnt have been cut by the single worst team in the NBA.

Many of you are really giving the Nets and their organization MUCH MORE credit than they deserve!!!  Look at their track record of late!!!

Smitty77
fine. I will look at Toronto who dumped him. Or perhaps Ill look at Minnesota who dumped him before that. The guy clearly sucks.

Most guys dont get 4 chances to suck, and I dont mean dissapoint. I mean suck. Anthony Bennet did and he blew all 4 of them. PASS.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2017, 01:33:19 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
People need to realize the only way James Young is leaving the roster between now and February 23rd is via trade.  After that, he's a candidate for release, but not before.

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2017, 01:41:45 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

Smitty77

Smitty77

Four NBA front offices have deemed him trash, two of those being teams that were in the conference finals and won the title last year.

Bennett sucks, dude.

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2017, 01:52:54 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
If the Nets cut him I think that means he is pretty much done.  No reason to cut Young to sign a guy that is done.

But Young is NOT helping us AT ALL!!!!!  And we did NOT extend him a QO, so he is gone after this year anyway.

Smitty77
I have no issue cutting Young to add someone that could help.  Bennett is not that guy.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2017, 01:55:45 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'd rather keep Young for now vice signing Bennett.

Young helped us in that Indiana game with those 12 points off the bench.