Author Topic: non celtics trade idea NO+ATL+NUG  (Read 1114 times)

non celtics trade idea NO+ATL+NUG
« on: January 09, 2017, 06:45:16 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Quick trade idea centered around the resent rumors

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=z7qgz99

ATL gets Evans + Faried + Nuggets 2nd+ NO 2017 (top 5 protected)

Nuggets gets Milsap + Hardaway + Ajinca

NO gets Chandler + Nurkic

ATL brings in a nice pick from NO. Evans is an expiring deal who may be a nice resign as a 6th man. Faried is a bad fit next to howard but if they really arnt looking to tank then maybe an swap of Faried and pieces for Rudy Gay makes some sense.

Nuggets, get Milsap to join Jokic and Gallinari to form a very versatile front court. Ajinca serves as a nice rim protecting backup on a good contract. Hardaway joins a deep group of SGs who maybe could be used in a deal for vet backcourt help. Dragic?

NO, this is a bit short sited but both players seem like nice fits with Davis. Nurkic will provide bruising post play next to davis while chandler is an upgrade at SF. Chander can also slide to PF with Hill at SF and Davis at center for a long small ball lineup. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: non celtics trade idea NO+ATL+NUG
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 07:43:45 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Hey it's actually both a short and long term deal for the pels, it would be a steal for NO to get a center of Nurkic's caliber to pair with Davis for years to come, if they can sign, draft or trade for some good wings and guards they could be a championship contender with this insane frontcourt
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 07:45:44 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Lol sorry read it as jokic, but still nurkic has star potential, he's may put up better stats in an increased role and he can still develop
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 08:33:14 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
From New Orleans' perspective I think if you made it a top 10 protection then it would be fine.

I don't like it for Atlanta, I think if they would settle for Faried then a deal would already have been done. Evans doesn't really add anything for them and the pick is back end of the lottery most likely.

The Nuggets probably love the deal, they give up 3 players they are actively trying to get rid of, get a star that could be a long term piece and Hardway who is no slouch

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 08:51:53 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
From New Orleans' perspective I think if you made it a top 10 protection then it would be fine.

I don't like it for Atlanta, I think if they would settle for Faried then a deal would already have been done. Evans doesn't really add anything for them and the pick is back end of the lottery most likely.

The Nuggets probably love the deal, they give up 3 players they are actively trying to get rid of, get a star that could be a long term piece and Hardway who is no slouch

I agree ATL is the team that gets the short stick but I really question what they want to do. If its a full on rebuild and they are moving Dwight its one thing if not then they will be looking for youngish vets on good deal along with picks. Ideally I would figure on a second deal where Faired goes to Sac for Gay. Something along these lines with same pick moment as original deal.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hyzjrz3 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 10:12:48 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

I agree ATL is the team that gets the short stick but I really question what they want to do. If its a full on rebuild and they are moving Dwight its one thing if not then they will be looking for youngish vets on good deal along with picks. Ideally I would figure on a second deal where Faired goes to Sac for Gay. Something along these lines with same pick moment as original deal.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hyzjrz3

Yeah it's odd what's happening there. I guess they either trade for young talent and picks or solidify their rotation by trading for 2 good but not great guys and run with Dwight.

I think Atlanta would be better off doing a deal straight up with one of these teams. Perhaps getting Faried, Barton, Nurkic and this years pick top 10 protected, then as you say flip Faried for another package at draft time or in the summer, he's on a cheap contract nowadays