Author Topic: Found the Celtics future PF. Josh Jackson.  (Read 17395 times)

Re: Found the Celtics future PF. Josh Jackson.
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2017, 10:08:08 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
He's super versatile.
He's more of an SF for me because of his average wingspan.
Reminds me of kawahi Leonard for some reason.

What is his wingspan? Is it under 7 feet?

Yeah, 6'9"-10".  Decent for a kid who's 6'7" or so, but not 7' like Jaylen Brown.

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2017, 10:38:50 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
reallly warming up to Jackson..  yeah his shooting stroke is a little funky.  He is a smidge undersized to be a PF at the nba level....   but all I can see is a winner

He plays really hard . Has a good bbiq.  Makes sacrifices for wins. 

I want to add a guy like that on the team.   Same goes for Ball.   And Fultz is a machine (though his team stinks)

If we choose Jackson one way or another, I wouldn't be disappointed one bit

Horford
Jackson
Brown
AB
IT4

With KO, Crowder, Smart coming off the bench

Looks good

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2017, 10:40:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
vs Oklahoma St. 20pts , 11 reb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTivQVuhqs0

« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2017, 10:54:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
All around game vs Kansas st. Wow

https://youtu.be/K2aoeFpqxoY

Definitely can see some Draymond Green in his game. The ball handling, passing, rebounding

« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2017, 11:03:11 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Great game from a great prospect.

Still don't think he is the best player in this draft, but he definitely looks like an impact player from the get-go.

« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2017, 11:07:00 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Still don't think he is the best player in this draft, but he definitely looks like an impact player from the get-go.

TP Defense. I've heard that from multiple Scout's. One of the Most ready to contribute prospect's.

Some say limited upside, but he's proving otherwise. Would fit in perfectly here.

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2017, 11:09:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Thats what they said about Draymond Green and many many teams paid the price bypassing on him

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2017, 11:10:56 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
I would be happy to end up with Jackson.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2017, 11:20:37 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Rough game tonight. Only 6 points on 3-11 shooting, and he fouled out.  He did have 8 boards and 5 assists (including one on a hustle play that resulted in the game-sealing basket), but also 4 turnovers.

On the other hand, I liked that even though he was having a poor night shooting, he continued to be in the middle of all the action (which is how he fouled out).  A lot of 19 year olds disappear when their shot doesn't fall, and he didn't.  Still, it wasn't a pretty performance from him overall (his 5th foul, for instance, came from him wildly challenging someone at the rim who'd beaten someone else off the dribble).  But you can't teach effort, and he very much plays with that.

« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2017, 11:27:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Rough game tonight. Only 6 points on 3-11 shooting, and he fouled out.  He did have 8 boards and 5 assists (including one on a hustle play that resulted in the game-sealing basket), but also 4 turnovers.

On the other hand, I liked that even though he was having a poor night shooting, he continued to be in the middle of all the action (which is how he fouled out).  A lot of 19 year olds disappear when their shot doesn't fall, and he didn't.  Still, it wasn't a pretty performance from him overall (his 5th foul, for instance, came from him wildly challenging someone at the rim who'd beaten someone else off the dribble).  But you can't teach effort, and he very much plays with that.

Exactly. Makes the most of it even on off nights
And Kansas still won

« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2017, 11:34:21 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Not sure I get the Draymond Green comps. Green was an overweight power forward who slimmed down and became a do-it-all guy at MST, while retaining the ability to bang inside.

Jackson is skinnier. Not skinny, but his body type does not have the kind of base Green has. There is no doubt that Jackson has court vision, a knack for scoring ball, and impressive defensive skills, but he won't have the same impact as Green because he won't be able to play the same way.

That's why my comparison for him is Wilson Chandler. His skills remind me some of Matt Barnes too. Best case scenario is that he gets rid of the hitch in his jumpshot and becomes a Jimmy Butler-lite.

But everyone hoped another hard-working, athletic, team-oriented, forward would be able to do that a few years ago too. Unfortunately, MKG has never lived up to the hype.

This is no knock because I do think he is an impact player. I do think he is one of the few guys in this draft who has the potential to really make an impact in a hard-fought playoff series. But I think there are a few other guys with higher upside.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 12:20:50 AM by DefenseWinsChamps »

« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2017, 11:44:05 PM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Sorry guys, I see a MKG as well. Good athlete, nice length, lack of refined offensive game. Jaylen is pretty similar to this, right?

I like Fultz and Tatum more. This team needs a good scorer. Smart, Bradley, Brown, Horford, Crowder are or are projected to be plus defenders. We only have IT as an elite level scorer.

« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2017, 11:54:45 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Sorry guys, I see a MKG as well. Good athlete, nice length, lack of refined offensive game. Jaylen is pretty similar to this, right?

I like Fultz and Tatum more. This team needs a good scorer. Smart, Bradley, Brown, Horford, Crowder are or are projected to be plus defenders. We only have IT as an elite level scorer.

I don't see MKG.  Athletic wings with inconsistent shots are not all MKG (who's still a fine basketball player, FWIW.  Just limited).  Jackson has much better court vision -- he's good for a nifty pass or two a game.  MKG is not nearly the distributor today, much less in college.  I think he's more like Brown with slightly better passing/dribbling skills.  They're not PG worthy, but they're an asset more than a liability.  (Brown needs to work in his handle some more.)

Also, Brown is already a better shooter than MKG, and I have confidence that skill will continue to improve over the years.

« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2017, 12:18:28 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
MKG is a victim of a bad fit with bad management, followed by injuries that really stunted his development. He's far prospect from Brown and Jackson although they have similar upside and ceiling.

Even before the draft, MKG was considered a bigger AB without the shooting. He's a great defensive player with poor handles and shooting. He only have the motor and work ethic in his arsenal.

« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2017, 08:32:42 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Josh Jackson Big 12 Newcomer of the Week // Kansas Men's Basketball // 1.16.17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRDbMqVOrQQ