Author Topic: Found the Celtics future PF. Josh Jackson.  (Read 17400 times)

Re: Found the Celtics future PF. Josh Jackson.
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2017, 06:26:14 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Taytum and Jackson are basically the same height, same weight, with Taytum having a 1" wingspan edge.

Taytum does have that basketball body. He's got very wide shoulders. Jackson is two noticed above him athletically.

It should be no question that could Jackson has more potential guarding three's and fours over Taytum.

If you want a go to scorer draft Taytum. If you want a pitbull that can guard anyone, draft Jackson.
I wouldn't believe the DraftExpress numbers.  I think Tatum will measure 1.5" to 2" taller than Jackson at the combine.   

NBA PFs will overpower Jackson.  I think Jackson would do better guarding NBA PGs.     

Tatum only looks one or two inches shorter than Giles who is listed at 6'11".  I wouldn't be surprised if he measures 6'9" in shoes at the combine.

He his 2" shorter than Giles. Giles is just over 6'9" no shoes. And Taytum is 6'7" no shoes. Jackson is 6'7" No shoes.

I'll bet 100$ that Taytum is not even 6'8" no shoes at the combine.

Jackson looks huge to me. A huge wing anyway. Both players have great size for a wing. I love both but prefer Jackson for the Celtics.

Smart
 Bradley
 Brown
 Jackson
 Crowder

That's insane we could play all five together small ball style.

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2017, 06:26:19 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Fultz, Tatum, and Giles are best fit for Celtics, IMO.

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2017, 06:53:34 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Giles is like Embiid .    Yes he has had issues , but this 2017 .....they are fixing these kids today .....Noel and Embiid .

So if you get a chance you got to take Giles .

We are running out of time and opportunities to get a first class center

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2017, 07:11:44 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I've got nothing against Mr Jackson.

But IMO one should not draft rookies with the expectation that they will immediately contribute let alone start.

That doesn't make any sense Greece. What about Jaylen Brown? He was a solid pick with no hope of starting in year one. Probably not next year either.

Multiple Sources, have said Jackson is probably the most ready to contribute prospect in the draft.

I was reluctant to say so earlier, but Jackson is better than Brown and three inches taller.

He has a much more well rounded game, but they do have the same weakness. Shooting from deep.

They don't. Jaylen's weakness is his handles his shooting is fine. His shooting off the dribble, however needs work. 32% from beyond the arc isn't too terrible but its a small sample size. Compare to 29% to Jackson where his form looks broken.

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2017, 07:11:46 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
Giles is like Embiid .    Yes he has had issues , but this 2017 .....they are fixing these kids today .....Noel and Embiid .

I hear you're Shaq, it's going to be a tough choice. Giles doesn't have quite the size of embiid, but he's a heck of an athlete. right now I would rather gamble on Tatum or Jackson just to make sure we get a great player there.

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2017, 07:24:23 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79

I see Giles as a PF not a Center.  I really don't trust his knees but I'm no doctor.   I think 2018 is the big man draft.  We will have a year to really evalute what we have in Yabusele and Zizic by then, plus we have any potential trade and free agency, so we'll know what we need in the front court by the loaded 2018 draft.

Since this is a Jackson forum, I do like him, but I like Fultz, Ball, and Tatum more.  I may be the only one but I see Tatum as a big SG like Clay Thompson, but he could play the 3 easily, and the 4 with some more weight. 

If we get the top pick I think it's Fultz or Ball.  While both are PGs, they can both play SG, Fultz more easily of the two. We will have to choose between IT and Bradley so drafting a player that can start at point or shooting guard is the smart move.  That they are the two best prospects makes it an easy choice.

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2017, 07:32:50 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

But IMO one should not draft rookies with the expectation that they will immediately contribute let alone start.

That doesn't make any sense Greece. What about Jaylen Brown? He was a solid pick with no hope of starting in year one. Probably not next year either.

Multiple Sources, have said Jackson is probably the most ready to contribute prospect in the draft.

I was reluctant to say so earlier, but Jackson is better than Brown and three inches taller.

He has a much more well rounded game, but they do have the same weakness. Shooting from deep.

They don't. Jaylen's weakness is his handles his shooting is fine. His shooting off the dribble, however needs work. 32% from beyond the arc isn't too terrible but its a small sample size. Compare to 29% to Jackson where his form looks broken.

Mr Dee. Numbers don't lie. Jaylen is shooting 32% That's not good. I don't care how good it looks if it doesn't go in.

Lonzo Balls shot is disgusting looking but he's a much better shooter than Jaylen is.

Brown's College 3point. 294%

Jackson 3p% .281

Brown crushes him at Ft%

Brown .654%
 Jackson .544%

2point fg%

Brown .482%
 Jackson .568%

I believe the 2 point advantage for Jackson is mostly due to his size advantage and he's more polished driving and finishing. Much more actually.

TP. Though Dee..

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2017, 08:20:35 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

They are the same player and I'll still take Jackson.

Jaylen Brown is about a 96 on the Raw Athleticism scale.

Jackson is about a 93 on the Raw Athleticism scale.

However, Jackson is a much more polished offensive player and finisher than Brown was and Is.

The main thing that concerned me last year effect evaluating Brown was I questioned his desire to defend people.

There is no such question with Jackson. He is an animal in the best possible way. A true warrior.

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2017, 08:52:13 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

They are the same player and I'll still take Jackson.

Jaylen Brown is about a 96 on the Raw Athleticism scale.

Jackson is about a 93 on the Raw Athleticism scale.

However, Jackson is a much more polished offensive player and finisher than Brown was and Is.

The main thing that concerned me last year effect evaluating Brown was I questioned his desire to defend people.

There is no such question with Jackson. He is an animal in the best possible way. A true warrior.

I'll gladly have them both but Giles or Tatum wouldn't be too shabby either.

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2017, 09:15:57 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I am all in for Jackson.
We have enough guards.

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2017, 09:26:48 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
6'8 power forward?  He better be able to play SF.  Because 6'8 is undersized for PF in today's NBA.  We don't need to be spending a top 5 pick on an undersized player.

You need to be looking at prototypical or freakish size/length with that high of a pick as Brooklyn's projects.

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2017, 09:32:53 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I am all in for Jackson.
We have enough guards.
I think his rookie year, Jacksons best position would be the 2.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2017, 03:41:19 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
I am all in for Jackson.
We have enough guards.
I think his rookie year, Jacksons best position would be the 2.

I think he can guard Two's, three's, and Small four's. He plays like a point forward on offense. He's not a shooter yet, so two guard on offense I'm not so sure m

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2017, 05:12:03 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

Thanks for the reply KGLL. But tbh I do not think it answers what I wrote.

If you go back to your OP, you were saying that Jackson will be a good pair for Horford. IMO this is the wrong way to think about whom we should draft; it is way more likely (esp. considering Horford's age) that we ll get a good pair for him through a trade or the FA not the draft.

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2017, 05:52:59 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
6'8 power forward?  He better be able to play SF.  Because 6'8 is undersized for PF in today's NBA.  We don't need to be spending a top 5 pick on an undersized player.

You need to be looking at prototypical or freakish size/length with that high of a pick as Brooklyn's projects.

Draymond green is 6'7.  Lebron is 6'8 and plays the 4 some of the time.   Those teams seem to be doing okay.