Author Topic: Jusuf Nurkic is being shopped  (Read 4305 times)

Re: Jusuf Nurkic is being shopped
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2017, 12:41:06 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I was in favor of acquiring Nurkic, but apparently there are some pretty bad attitude issues there and some on-court issues, too.

Is this true?  Can you back this up with a source please?

It was Matt Moore on the CBS NBA podcast from 1/2 at around the 50 minute mark.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2017, 12:42:02 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Wouldn't trade Bradley for him but I would love to have Nurkic in green. He's a beast and he's waiting to get an opportunity. A Horford Nurkic front court would be silly good.

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2017, 12:44:53 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Nuggets have Murray and Harris they both are going to be good so no need for AB.

Nuggets may do Jokic, Barton and this year's 1st for IT.

They have soured on Mudiay. I would probably take that deal despite me loving what IT brings. Because truth is C's aren't winning a title with IT and Horford as the teams 2nd and 3rd best players let alone currently being our 1st and 2nd.

C's
Smart, AB, Crowder, Horford, Jokic
Rozier, Barton, Brown, AJ, KO
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 12:54:33 PM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2017, 12:48:38 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
There is a reason the Nuggets are so bad at defense. It makes me not want many of their players.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2017, 01:16:37 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Nuggets have Murray and Harris they both are going to be good so no need for AB.

They have soured on Mudiay. I would probably take that deal despite me loving what IT brings. Because truth is C's aren't winning a title with IT and Horford as the teams 2nd and 3rd best players let alone currently being our 1st and 2nd.

C's

I don't know where you come up with we can't win with IT/Horford as a 2/3 on a title contender. IT has elevated his game to all-star STARTER level play. We've seen him drop 50 one night, then 15 assists the next. He took LeBron one-on-one and drove right past him for a layup. The guys game is still evolving and his confidence is at an all-time high. Horford does all the right things. Very intelligent player. Doesn't force anything. Makes game-winning shots, blocks, passes, whatever we need, he does on a nightly basis.

They are a nice 1-2 punch with a great roster around them. But if you get a player better than them, they are an excellent 2-3 and I'd put them up against any in the league with the roster we would have behind them.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2017, 01:23:45 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

C's

I don't know where you come up with we can't win with IT/Horford as a 2/3 on a title contender. IT has elevated his game to all-star STARTER level play. We've seen him drop 50 one night, then 15 assists the next. He took LeBron one-on-one and drove right past him for a layup. The guys game is still evolving and his confidence is at an all-time high. Horford does all the right things. Very intelligent player. Doesn't force anything. Makes game-winning shots, blocks, passes, whatever we need, he does on a nightly basis.

They are a nice 1-2 punch with a great roster around them. But if you get a player better than them, they are an excellent 2-3 and I'd put them up against any in the league with the roster we would have behind them.
I get this from IT's man going off every night including on his 52 point night which is why the other team was in the game still. As well as Irving destroying IT in the game against Cavs and Horford being a ghost or a lamb in too many big spots. This team isn't winning with IT and Horford as the 2nd and 3rd best players.

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2017, 01:24:10 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

C's

Yeah, I mean, IT and Horford are ideal 2nd and 3rd best players on a championship team, especially with the great supporting cast we have here. What we are lacking is a legit #1 guy.

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2017, 01:54:16 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

C's

I get this from IT's man going off every night including on his 52 point night which is why the other team was in the game still. As well as Irving destroying IT in the game against Cavs and Horford being a ghost or a lamb in too many big spots. This team isn't winning with IT and Horford as the 2nd and 3rd best players.

Here are IT's "opponent" numbers, per 48:

23.3 pts
8.6 ast
6.1 reb
3.7 to
.518 eFG%
18.6 PER

Here are Kyrie Irving's:
25.2 pts
8.8 ast
5.7 reb
3.5 to
.548 eFG%
20.0 PER

James Harden's (at PG):
23.8 pts
8.9 ast
5.1 reb
4.0 to
.480 eFG%
18.0 PER

I'd conclude from this that IT's man is not "going off every night." That's just not true compared to other highly regarded point guards who are offense-first but viewed as franchise-level players or certainly viable #2 options.

On the other hand, here are the on-off ortg split for opponents overall:
IT 112.6/102.2 (-10.4)
Irving 108.1/106.0 (-2.1)
Harden 108.9/104.8 (-4.1)

I'm showing the ortg numbers for balance, and you could argue that the C's defend much worse as a team when he's in the game, but backups matter a lot there. When IT is off the court, it's because Marcus Smart and/or Avery Bradley are in the backcourt, generally. That is the best defensive backcourt in the league by a long shot. Or perhaps Rozier who is a good defender himself. When Harden is off the court it's Beverley (a very good defender) or Ennis (poor)  When Kyrie is off it's...Jordan Mcrae? Shump?

The team defense question is, in my mind, murkier because of the backup issue. I would reckon that if Ivring's backup was Marcus Smart, his on/off splits would be much less favorable. But I think it's a debatable point.

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2017, 02:57:23 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
He wouldn't start for this team, so I wouldn't give up a starter for him. Bradley is a far better player than those two combined.

A good GM has this rule: Do not give up the best player in a deal.

I can see Bradley becoming the odd man out in the back court rotation but not in a deal like this.

I haven't even started on why Nurkic is useless for the way we play...

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2017, 03:05:44 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I'd rather chase Jokic but I don't think he's available.

Nurkic would help as a rebounder and shotblocker but let's not forget that he can't crack Denver's starting lineup right now. He'd be a nice addition and definitely is someone the C's should think about but he's not a game changer.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2017, 03:10:50 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Zizic will be better scoring I believe

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2017, 03:35:55 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Please Danny bring him in!! I'm going to be honest there a lot of good prospects on the market right now and I'm going to be highly disappointed if we don't make at least one move.

What are some trades we can make for Nurkic that make sense?

On the Nuggets blog they said

Nuggets get:
Avery Bradley

Celts get:
Barton and Nurkic

Bradley is a huge piece for us so I'm not so sure, but what do you guys think a good trade would be

We have enough problems rebounding without giving up our leading rebounder.

Mike