Author Topic: Jusuf Nurkic is being shopped  (Read 4306 times)

Jusuf Nurkic is being shopped
« on: January 08, 2017, 12:50:14 AM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
Please Danny bring him in!! I'm going to be honest there a lot of good prospects on the market right now and I'm going to be highly disappointed if we don't make at least one move.

What are some trades we can make for Nurkic that make sense?

On the Nuggets blog they said

Nuggets get:
Avery Bradley

Celts get:
Barton and Nurkic

Bradley is a huge piece for us so I'm not so sure, but what do you guys think a good trade would be

Re: Jusuf Nurkic is being shopped
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 12:53:55 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Well, I wouldn't do a trade like that because Bradley is valuable to us by taking on the better guard in the backcourt to cover isaiah. We could also get a big like bogut for cheap right now as a stop gap to compete now, so I don't see the point.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 01:10:37 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
There's no sense in getting someone just to get someone.

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 01:19:11 AM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76

Getting someone just to get someone?

Nurkic is a highly skilled young big man that addresses our needs at interior defense on the block with his shot blocking and strength, he's a good passer, shoots a high % around the rim, and is a very good defender.

No we should acquire someone because our frontcourt is very shallow and we need help. 

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 01:28:45 AM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
I wouldn't for AB. He's having a career year and has improved every year so there's strong reason to believe he will continue getting even better.

We also have Zizic coming over next year.

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 02:02:24 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I was in favor of acquiring Nurkic, but apparently there are some pretty bad attitude issues there and some on-court issues, too.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 08:22:44 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
There is no way I would trade AB. That's not even close. I would trade Rozier and maybe some other pieces but Nurkcic is bench fodder right now and should be able to be had on the cheap. Of course I have no idea about salaries so there are many experts on here that can analyze that but now way on AB.

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 08:44:25 AM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
I like Nurkic and feel he could be had for cheap, and by that I mean not a starter or Nets Pick.  Not sure why they would want Bradley though when the have Mudiay and Harris?

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 08:57:52 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Getting someone just to get someone?

You did say in your original post "I'm going to be highly disappointed if we don't make at least one move" to which the above reply is quite reasonable.

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 09:29:03 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I was in favor of acquiring Nurkic, but apparently there are some pretty bad attitude issues there and some on-court issues, too.

Is this true?  Can you back this up with a source please?

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2017, 11:56:33 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Avery Bradley for Nurkic...? Just when I thought I had seen it all...!! **** stay sway from Nuggets blogs

Nurkic is a good trade candidate. Shouldn't have to give up any BKN picks or core guys to get him. And most importantly he's still on his rookie deal

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 12:02:46 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Please Danny bring him in!! I'm going to be honest there a lot of good prospects on the market right now and I'm going to be highly disappointed if we don't make at least one move.

Nuggets get:
Avery Bradley

Celts get:
Barton and Nurkic

Bradley is a huge piece for us so I'm not so sure, but what do you guys think a good trade would be

Bradley for Nurkic?  Are you serious?

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 12:17:26 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Nuggets get:
Avery Bradley

Celts get:
Barton and Nurkic

Bradley for Nurkic?  Are you serious?

In fairness to the Nuggets blog, Will Barton is a decent NBA wing who's signed through next season at $3.5 million.  He shoots 39% from 3, is probably a bit better ball-handler and passer, and while not as skilled defensively, is a bigger defender at 6'6".  He's not as good as Bradley, but he'd be in the rotation for sure.  He and Nurkic are signed through next season at a combined $6.5 million -- that's $2.3 million more that could go to free agency next season.

It's not a trade the Celtics should make, as we should be combining our assets for higher quality ones as opposed to ones of higher quantity, but it's not completely ridiculous either.

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2017, 12:26:19 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
What about Zizic for Nurkic?  Would you do that straight up?  Thinking of Zizic in this way is a good way to put a value on him.  I don't think I would, which leads me to think that bringing him over early would be a good idea, in spite of the loss of a year's control.  Let's contend now.

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2017, 12:36:57 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I don't know much about Nurkic (other than he plays a position where we could use some help) but I know enough about Avery to say I would not make that trade.  I think if you can get him for Gerald Green and a future pick, fine but it doesn't seem Nurkic is worth any piece from the current rotation.