Poll

Would you make this trade

Yes
No

Author Topic: Crowder for Covington, Noel, 2018 Minny pick  (Read 2923 times)

Crowder for Covington, Noel, 2018 Minny pick
« on: January 07, 2017, 10:35:53 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I'm getting sick of this guy's mouth and attitude Smart is ready to lead this team with IT and Jae doesn't respect boundaries.

Celtic Pride posted something about him making some type of threat if Jaylen take his job. If that's true that's unacceptable. Anyone know where that quote was from.

Jae threw Jaylen Brown under the bus or at least made it seem he might be an issue if Jaylen ever threatens his starting role. Anyone remember Ray Allen being a baby when Avery was emerging as the better option for shooting guard?

That was Celtics Prides post.

Re: Crowder for Covington, Noel, 2018 Minny pick
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 10:44:24 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I can't see how anyone on the C's side would turn this down.  problem is, I can't see why Philly would do it.

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 10:46:11 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Crowder did not threaten Jaylen in any way. He made a couple stupid comments. It's not a big deal. No need to move him.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 10:46:48 PM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
Seems another robbery for us. Philly would demand more. Maybe add James Young and Olynyk.

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 10:49:07 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Where is this 2018 Minny pick coming from? I don't think they have a pick from Minny, not according to this list:

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 10:51:39 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Where is this 2018 Minny pick coming from? I don't think they have a pick from Minny, not according to this list:

And I'm not sure I'm seeing where this is a major steal for us. I don't do this deal, because like it or not we need Jae right now with Brown not being ready as a full-time starter. He also has what amounts to the best contract in the NBA, so he should slide to the bench with a great salary as Brown becomes ready to be a starter.

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 10:52:47 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Yeah I don't get that, it belongs to the Hawks right now (and is lottery protected until 2020)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 10:58:51 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

And I'm not sure I'm seeing where this is a major steal for us. I don't do this deal, because like it or not we need Jae right now with Brown not being ready as a full-time starter. He also has what amounts to the best contract in the NBA, so he should slide to the bench with a great salary as Brown becomes ready to be a starter.

Yeah I agree. Covington isn't worth anything, Noel is worth maybe a late first because of his pending RFA status, and that pick doesn't belong to Philly (but if it did, it wouldn't be a lottery pick, due to either improvement or protections). Crowder's worth more than that to us right now as a player and as a trade asset, especially with the contract he has now
I'm bitter.

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 11:10:11 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
If Jae is traded its because he was destined to be...not because of some twitter rant. He didnt throw Jaylen or anybody under the bus. Per Jae and management, everything will be fine. But of course, some of you Celtics fans like to stir the pot just for the hell of it. Put some respect on Crowders name and stop overreacting.

BTW Hayward isn't bringing a championship to Boston making $30M+ anyway. Wake up Celtics fans!!

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 11:10:30 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I can't see how anyone on the C's side would turn this down.  problem is, I can't see why Philly would do it.
me here

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 11:34:12 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Celtic Pride posted something about him making some type of threat if Jaylen take his job. If that's true that's unacceptable. Anyone know where that quote was from.

I have searched the internet and found no evidence of Jae saying anything like that.  Google, twitter, nowhere.

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 11:35:36 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

I have searched the internet and found no evidence of Jae saying anything like that.  Google, twitter, nowhere.

Yeah, that definitely never happened.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2017, 11:54:45 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
not worth it.

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2017, 12:15:29 AM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

Jae threw Jaylen Brown under the bus or at least made it seem he might be an issue if Jaylen ever threatens his starting role.

Can you provide a link for this?