Author Topic: Justin Patton: new Beast of the East  (Read 5084 times)

Re: Justin Patton: new Beast of the East
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2017, 03:24:08 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Would love to see how he would handle Caleb "Biggie" Swanigan... ??? ??? ???

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2017, 05:35:05 PM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
Kind of surprised DraftExpress still has Patton in their 2018 mock draft........ I like his mobility and comfort level defending the perimeter.  I do like that he was a guard who had a large late growth spurt.  Shows that he's probably a good learner while still have significant room for improvement.

TP, tazz. Good analysis.

I think that given the real dearth of center talent in this year's draft, if he keeps improving, he will make it into the lottery...which I guess is good and bad for us.

He is already starting to be considered in the lottery! listed as the 14th pick in this mock draft... :

https://theringer.com/the-ringers-2017-nba-draft-lottery-big-board-version-2-0-446c31b6a473#.v9dqo56sb

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2017, 12:34:13 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Very, very skinny.  Not strong enough yet.  Needs to put on 20 pounds of muscle.
Isn't a dominant rebounder for his size.
He does exhibit excellent quickness and shot-blocking/altering instincts as a help defender.

Offensive game isn't polished.  Saw him miss a few bunnies near the basket against the undersized Nova frontline.

He probably deserves a top 20 draft ranking because of size and potential.  But I wouldn't take him inside the top 10 unless he shows a lot more by the end of the season.