Author Topic: Bulls willing to deal Butler  (Read 3639 times)

Bulls willing to deal Butler
« on: January 05, 2017, 11:31:07 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
story: http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/01/05/bulls-are-reportedly-shopping-jimmy-butler/

So what would you give?

Now that AB is playing so well, he becomes an attractive piece for the bulls especially with his nice contract.

2017 Nets pick + AB + Amir Johnson +2018 Celtics 1st +2019 Memphis 1st for Jimmy Butler.

Who says yes, who says no, who says maybe but...

Trade machine says yes:
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=j7eak5s

Re: Bulls willing to deal Butler
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 11:48:43 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Did anyone see Blakely saying we don't have enough assets to land Butler lol? I really dislike him as a writer.

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 11:53:30 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Bulls say no.  They'll want another player like Rozier at least or maybe even Smart in place of one of the lower #1's.

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 11:55:38 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Did anyone see Blakely saying we don't have enough assets to land Butler lol? I really dislike him as a writer.

That's idiotic, even more than usual for Blakely. I mean, we have more assets than most any team in the league!

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 11:20:23 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
So nobody else is interested in Butler?  He's currently a 25+ ppg scorer in the NBA.  Would be an upgrade on Bradley in terms of scoring and length, and not far of a downgrade defensively, plus he could guard bigger players. 

I'd be willing to add a little to the initially suggested pot.  Jimmy is in his prime.  Could he be our 1A or 1B star player though?

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 07:07:28 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
story: http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/01/05/bulls-are-reportedly-shopping-jimmy-butler/

So what would you give?

Now that AB is playing so well, he becomes an attractive piece for the bulls especially with his nice contract.

2017 Nets pick + AB + Amir Johnson +2018 Celtics 1st +2019 Memphis 1st for Jimmy Butler.

Trade machine says yes:

Are you insane ?

First, Butler is not that good. You are giving away twice as much talent as you are getting.

Second, the guy is a head case. Not as bad as Cousins maybe, but still a me-first player who is not going to lead anybody to a title.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 07:20:09 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

So what would you give?

Trade machine says yes:

You kind of have to pull off a trade like this at some point.  Remember, Danny tried to trade 4 first round picks for Justice Winslow once and he stinks. At least we know Jimmy Butler is good.  In a world of NBA nickels and dimes he's a quarter.  It sucks to give up Avery and Amir, but Amir is easily replaceable and Avery... well Butler would immediately have to fill his position.

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 07:32:16 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Even if the deal was the 2017 Brooklyn 1st + the expiring contracts of Zeller and Jerebko, I don't think I'd be that thrilled about moving for Butler.   And everyone says it would cost significantly more than that. 

If you land Butler for a deal that includes Bradley or Crowder and our key picks, you're basically going all-in on a 5 year window around 27 year old Butler, 27 year old Thomas and 30 year old Horford.  And that'd be fine, except there's a team out there that has 4 All-NBA players (two of which are MVP level) all in the 26-28 age range... and I just don't think any one player outside of LeBron James, even without loss of key players, is going to make us a real contender with that. 

Also, personally as a fan there's nothing more fun to me than watching a young guy develop into a star.  Watching Pierce develop into the player he became was so much fun.  We got to see that early development with Big Al, but he got moved and never reached his full potential.  it was a lot of fun watching Rondo bloom as well.    This 2017 draft is said to be epic.  Even if the pick falls in the 5-8 range, we're looking at someone who should be a better prospect than all the options we had available at #3 this Summer.   I want to see these kids grow.  I want to see the next Celtic great be home-grown... not some mid-peak castoff from a Bulls team that already deemed their star player not good enough to build around.

if what they say about this 2017 draft is true, this is a special one.  You don't often get a crack at a top 3 pick in a special draft.  This is how franchise players come into the world.   I'd rather gamble with that than gamble on some top 20-30 player moving the needle enough to compete with the Cavs and Warriors in this 5 year window.

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 07:55:35 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Rather keep Avery and move Crowder.

Avery is pretty much a perfect role player with serious shooting and scoring ability.

Butler is big enough to play SF.

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 07:57:15 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Even if the deal was the 2017 Brooklyn 1st + the expiring contracts of Zeller and Jerebko, I don't think I'd be that thrilled about moving for Butler.   And everyone says it would cost significantly more than that. 

If you land Butler for a deal that includes Bradley or Crowder and our key picks, you're basically going all-in on a 5 year window around 27 year old Butler, 27 year old Thomas and 30 year old Horford.  And that'd be fine, except there's a team out there that has 4 All-NBA players (two of which are MVP level) all in the 26-28 age range... and I just don't think any one player outside of LeBron James, even without loss of key players, is going to make us a real contender with that. 

Also, personally as a fan there's nothing more fun to me than watching a young guy develop into a star.  Watching Pierce develop into the player he became was so much fun.  We got to see that early development with Big Al, but he got moved and never reached his full potential.  it was a lot of fun watching Rondo bloom as well.    This 2017 draft is said to be epic.  Even if the pick falls in the 5-8 range, we're looking at someone who should be a better prospect than all the options we had available at #3 this Summer.   I want to see these kids grow.  I want to see the next Celtic great be home-grown... not some mid-peak castoff from a Bulls team that already deemed their star player not good enough to build around.

if what they say about this 2017 draft is true, this is a special one.  You don't often get a crack at a top 3 pick in a special draft.  This is how franchise players come into the world.   I'd rather gamble with that than gamble on some top 20-30 player moving the needle enough to compete with the Cavs and Warriors in this 5 year window.

I'd rather see the lottery picks get traded for someone who's already a superstar.  So far Ainge has used his lottery picks to draft a defense-first backup point-guard, Jeff Green 2.0, and well... Kelly Olynyk...   

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 07:59:46 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I'd rather see the lottery picks get traded for someone who's already a superstar.  So far Ainge has used his lottery picks to draft a defense-first backup point-guard, Jeff Green 2.0, and well... Kelly Olynyk...
Olynyk was pick 13. Way too early on brown.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 08:15:16 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Not interested ANYMORE.

The price would be too high, and likely requires two of Bradley, Smart and Crowder.

That and the 2017 Nets Pick + future non-BKN picks? BIG NO.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2017, 08:48:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Not interested ANYMORE.

The price would be too high, and likely requires two of Bradley, Smart and Crowder.

That and the 2017 Nets Pick + future non-BKN picks? BIG NO.

Totally agree ......we need a center ....Giles is looking so good.  No way we trade the 2017 or Smart < this IS our future ....and 2018 pick ......

Some how DA has to luck into a big on draft day.     ....

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2017, 09:02:01 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Bulls losing to the Raptors 61-45 btw.

Loss puts them out of playoffs for now.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2017, 09:19:21 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Bulls losing to the Raptors 61-45 btw.

Loss puts them out of playoffs for now.

I soon we trade for Lopez .....he might help our dire big rim protection situation