Author Topic: Per Woj - Korver traded to Cavs  (Read 8342 times)

Re: Per Woj - Korver traded to Cavs
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2017, 06:55:22 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I don't know the details of the trade but if it's just a Cavs #1 for Korver I would think they could do better than that. A Cavs #1 translates to what - pick #30? It's as good as a 2nd round pick basically. It's a gift.

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2017, 07:54:25 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I don't know the details of the trade but if it's just a Cavs #1 for Korver I would think they could do better than that. A Cavs #1 translates to what - pick #30? It's as good as a 2nd round pick basically. It's a gift.

Supposedly it's Dunleavy and a #1.  They are trying to get a third team involved who would take Dunleavy but if not the Hawks will get him and keep him for now.

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2017, 08:02:01 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

It's a first rounder a few years from now, not this year's.

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2017, 08:04:21 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
Mo Williams, Mike Dunleavy, 2019 protected 1st for Korver.

Cavs open a roster spot for Rondo, Jack, or Chalmers.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2017, 08:18:22 AM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
It's OK everyone!  We keep sitting on the sidelines, talking, but not doing anything, staying that middle of the road team.....but hey, we're hanging on to that roster flexability! >:(

« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2017, 08:32:45 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Is there a rumor about Rondo being bought out?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2017, 08:41:24 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

No, there isn't.  There is a rumor that the Cavs are "monitoring the situation", but that's really not saying much.  I'm fairly sure I could have reported the same thing.

« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2017, 08:51:00 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
It's OK everyone!  We keep sitting on the sidelines, talking, but not doing anything, staying that middle of the road team.....but hey, we're hanging on to that roster flexability! >:(

Did you want Korver or Dunleavy? Not sure they help us.

« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2017, 09:06:32 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

No, there isn't.  There is a rumor that the Cavs are "monitoring the situation", but that's really not saying much.  I'm fairly sure I could have reported the same thing.
Well that is from the Cavs end, but there are all sorts of things flying out of Chicago and Rondo being bought out isn't out of the realm of possibility.  Here is an article with some direct quotes from Rondo about looking to move on.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/244469/Rajon-Rondo-Doesnt-Receive-Clear-Cut-Message-Meeting-With-Forman-Paxson

Nothing is imminent and frankly I'm not sure Rondo would be a good fit in Cleveland anyway especially with both Chalmers and Jack available who are better suited for the bench PG role on Cleveland. 

« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2017, 09:22:18 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Well that is from the Cavs end, but there are all sorts of things flying out of Chicago and Rondo being bought out isn't out of the realm of possibility.  Here is an article with some direct quotes from Rondo about looking to move on.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/244469/Rajon-Rondo-Doesnt-Receive-Clear-Cut-Message-Meeting-With-Forman-Paxson

Nothing is imminent and frankly I'm not sure Rondo would be a good fit in Cleveland anyway especially with both Chalmers and Jack available who are better suited for the bench PG role on Cleveland.

I'm sure Rondo will be bought out if he isn't traded.  But he's a large, essentially expiring contract.  I can't see the Bulls just releasing him outright before the deadline, and Cleveland needs a backup PG well before the end of February.

« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2017, 09:32:35 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Wow. Hawks were 7-3 in the last 10, including signature wins against OKC and the Raptors. They're 5th in a pretty tight east race. Guess FO didn't believe...
Living in North Georgia. Hawks make Playoff then loose. No way the beat cavs. They can trade Milsaps and still make the 8 seed. IMO. 10 Straight Playoff 1 ECF and it was a disaster. They are going to be wishing for Danny Ferry to come back soon enough.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2017, 09:59:23 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

I'm sure Rondo will be bought out if he isn't traded.  But he's a large, essentially expiring contract.  I can't see the Bulls just releasing him outright before the deadline, and Cleveland needs a backup PG well before the end of February.
The Cavs have Kay Felder who is a rookie as the backup PG.  He will be fine being the backup PG during the regular season, the Cavs just don't want him as the backup PG in the playoffs because he is just too inexperienced and not good enough overall (he is shooting fairly well from deep but doesn't do anything else well at this point).  The Cavs can wait until players are bought out and be just fine doing so.  That doesn't mean they will wait and if they believe Chalmers is healthy, I think they will sign him given his relationship with James, his championship experience, and his shooting touch.

« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2017, 05:28:22 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Horford says thanks for calling me nothing.....