Author Topic: Per Woj - Korver traded to Cavs  (Read 8339 times)

Re: Per Woj - Korver traded to Cavs
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2017, 08:13:34 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
It screams firesale to me. Why would you trade your opponent a weapon they can use?

Hardaway is their guy at shooting guard. I don't know if it really is a firesale. It's probably just value and a youth movement.

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2017, 08:18:13 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
That's pretty impactful.   With LeBron and Kyrie able to create at will, having an insanely good shooter makes things easier for them.   On a decent offense he was able to shoot over 50% from three.  His efficiency will go up playing with those two guys.  Very interesting.  Hopefully it's enough for them to knock off the GOlden State Globetrotters.

I'm kind of questioning if everyone here is remember Korford of a few years ago when he was actually an insanely good shooter. He is shooting 40% from 3 while a guy that just got cut today was 38% from 3. He is 23rd in the league basically tied with Bradley and behind Crowder. Frye is at 46.5% on the year and I don't think there is extreme panic about guarding Frye. He is a nice pick up, but people are not realizing how far into the back 9 Korver is.

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2017, 08:22:29 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
We don't have to go get Millsap, but we better hope Toronto doesn't.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2017, 08:22:51 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
Would like to know the details because we could have really used a sharpshooter like him

My guess is that Atlanta's getting either a future first or the rights to Cedi Osman for eating some money for the Cavs (maybe Mo Williams and Mike Dunleavy, maybe Birdman is involved). There's really nobody else in the league for whom it made sense to give up a first-rounder for a guy turning 36 on an expiring contract.

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2017, 08:24:22 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929

What will be funny is if Korver goes to the Cavs, Milsap to the Raptors, and Howard to the C's lol

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2017, 08:25:07 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Would like to know the details because we could have really used a sharpshooter like him

My guess is that Atlanta's getting either a future first or the rights to Cedi Osman for eating some money for the Cavs (maybe Mo Williams and Mike Dunleavy, maybe Birdman is involved). There's really nobody else in the league for whom it made sense to give up a first-rounder for a guy turning 36 on an expiring contract.

Mo and protected first it looks like.

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2017, 08:25:44 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
They essentially traded him for free if the rumor is Mo Williams and the Cavs 2020 pick is correct. I don't get it.

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2017, 08:29:51 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
They essentially traded him for free if the rumor is Mo Williams and the Cavs 2020 pick is correct. I don't get it.

Woj reported Dunleavy's gone. Third team will take him.

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2017, 08:32:02 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129

Woj reported Dunleavy's gone. Third team will take him.

Oh yeah! Dunleavy sweepstakes here we come!

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2017, 08:32:16 PM »

Offline Royrebirth

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
Wow. Hawks were 7-3 in the last 10, including signature wins against OKC and the Raptors. They're 5th in a pretty tight east race. Guess FO didn't believe...

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2017, 08:33:14 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51

Korver's 36 and an unrestricted free agent this summer. He doesn't make anyone that isn't GS or Cleveland a threat to Golden State or Cleveland. I know the guy's got name recognition and plenty of stat geek love, but they're lucky to get any kind of first for him at this point in his career (and where the league is currently at competitively).

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2017, 08:35:01 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

What will be funny is if Korver goes to the Cavs, Milsap to the Raptors, and Howard to the C's lol

I'd say we lose big in that scenario. I like Howard, but Toronto becomes undeniably better than us in this scenario.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2017, 08:36:13 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Wow. Hawks were 7-3 in the last 10, including signature wins against OKC and the Raptors. They're 5th in a pretty tight east race. Guess FO didn't believe...

If they're not winning a title, picking up a #1 for a pending free agent makes sense to me.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2017, 08:36:45 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney

Korver's 36 and an unrestricted free agent this summer. He doesn't make anyone that isn't GS or Cleveland a threat to Golden State or Cleveland. I know the guy's got name recognition and plenty of stat geek love, but they're lucky to get any kind of first for him at this point in his career (and where the league is currently at competitively).

You're underestimating how badly Cleveland needed a shooter that can play alongside the wing. JR Smith, and uncharacteristically Shumpert are their only two.

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2017, 08:37:37 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney

If they're not winning a title, picking up a #1 for a pending free agent makes sense to me.

Couldn't you say the same thing about the Celtics then next year regarding Bradley and Thomas?