Author Topic: Creative Trade Idea using Brooklyn 2017 Pick  (Read 3220 times)

Re: Creative Trade Idea using Brooklyn 2017 Pick
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2017, 10:47:36 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
The Nets will have the worst record and we will get the 4th pick.

Calling it now.

Also, is anyone worried about Philly going forward??

Even if Noel is gone they still have Embiid, Simmons, Saric, and Okafor under rookie contracts plus likely TWO top 10 picks in a loaded draft (Fultz/Ball and Monk/Giles). Yikes. Even if they are not winning, they have all the tools to get there eventually.

Lakers jump into top 3 and deny the Sixers the pick for another year. That's what I'll call.

If we ended up with #4 I think that's fine. I haven't researched the draft yet but a lot of what I hear is that it's fairly stacked at the top. At #4 we'll end up with a potential franchise player. Three of the top 4 are currently point guards at the moment anyway, if we were locked in on Tatum or Jackson we would probably get them at #4 anyway

Re: Creative Trade Idea using Brooklyn 2017 Pick
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2017, 06:28:54 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
The pick, if kept by the Celtics is going to bring us a solid player no matter what. Brooklyn will finish bottom 3-5 no matter what, and the pick will be in the top 7. By my count, there are 7 great prospects,
So we are sure to get one of them. None are the dominating starting Center we need, or an NBA ready scoring wing, so having #1 overall is really about trade value.