Author Topic: Creative Trade Idea using Brooklyn 2017 Pick  (Read 3221 times)

Creative Trade Idea using Brooklyn 2017 Pick
« on: January 05, 2017, 01:00:40 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
What if we approached Philly with a trade of the Brooklyn 2017 pick in exchange for the worse of their 2 lottery picks (currently projected at 7). So in essence we move down 5 positions (in current lottery projections) + Rozier for Noel.

Philly grabs 2 top of the draft players, presumably a PG (Fultz) and presumably a project PF (Harry Giles - who is currently projected 8 on NBA Draft but will rise come draft if he keeps this pace/health).

Depending on how draft works out, currently projected at pick 7 is Malik Monk (I expect him to rise) but we could be looking at a high reward pick like Harry Giles who could slip this far.

2017/18 Roster
PG: Thomas/Smart
SG: Bradley/Monk (maybe)
SF: Brown/Crowder
PF: Horford/Giles (maybe)
C: Noel/Zizic

Re: Creative Trade Idea using Brooklyn 2017 Pick
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 03:28:05 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
I dig the creativity, but do we want to give up a top-3 pick just for the right to pay Nerlens Noel this offseason? I think we can get him for less or else sign him as a FA.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 03:29:25 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
No.   Not worth the move down.

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 03:32:03 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
What if we approached Philly with a trade of the Brooklyn 2017 pick in exchange for the worse of their 2 lottery picks (currently projected at 7). So in essence we move down 5 positions (in current lottery projections) + Rozier for Noel.

Philly grabs 2 top of the draft players, presumably a PG (Fultz) and presumably a project PF (Harry Giles - who is currently projected 8 on NBA Draft but will rise come draft if he keeps this pace/health).

Depending on how draft works out, currently projected at pick 7 is Malik Monk (I expect him to rise) but we could be looking at a high reward pick like Harry Giles who could slip this far.

2017/18 Roster

As much as I don't like Pat Riley, how about that same scenario for Whiteside? Miami would have their tank pick, the Nets pick and Rozier (and whatever they can get for Dragic)

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 03:33:00 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
How about the pick, AB and Zeller to Chi for Butler and their 1st round pick this year?

I mean the Bulls say no but I don't know if I would want the Celtics to give away anything more then that. 

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 03:34:06 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

2017/18 Roster

As much as I don't like Pat Riley, how about that same scenario for Whiteside? Miami would have their tank pick, the Nets pick and Rozier (and whatever they can get for Dragic)

No.   What pick is Miami giving back?

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 01:11:03 AM »

Offline sawick48

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27

2017/18 Roster

Why are we giving a division rival the chance to pick #1 in back to back years in order to get a guy we can just sign to an offer sheet?  I'd rather do the swap of Smart.  Especially if we do end up at/keeping #1, because that would more than likely be a pg anyway.

Then again if we do keep the pick and draft the likely pg, I think it would mean a completely different, younger Celtics team next year, completely void of Smart, IT2, Kelly, etc anyway.  But that's a different post for a different time.

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 01:20:57 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Yeah, Philly are only getting chicken feed for Noel now.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 03:06:38 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

2017/18 Roster

No.   What pick is Miami giving back?
Iirc their pick right now is top 6 or so, so it's not as outrageous as the noel deal aka create a philly dynasty
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 05:25:01 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

2017/18 Roster

You're way overvaluing Noel, whose value is probably a low first round pick at the moment

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2017, 07:19:48 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

2017/18 Roster

You're way overvaluing Noel, whose value is probably a low first round pick at the moment
Yup defintely, we might as well send them both nets picks for okafor while we're building a philly dynasty for them 😂
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 07:23:36 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Anyways, I would propose a deal like Rozier+17 1st pick+ filler for the 2nd and 7th picks from philly
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 09:15:43 AM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
So wait you move down in the draft, give up Rozier for two months of Noel whom will be a RFA at the end of the season? I dont get that at all.

2017/18 Roster

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2017, 09:54:28 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
The Nets will have the worst record and we will get the 4th pick.

Calling it now.

Also, is anyone worried about Philly going forward??

Even if Noel is gone they still have Embiid, Simmons, Saric, and Okafor under rookie contracts plus likely TWO top 10 picks in a loaded draft (Fultz/Ball and Monk/Giles). Yikes. Even if they are not winning, they have all the tools to get there eventually.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2017, 10:46:00 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
The Nets will have the worst record and we will get the 4th pick.

Calling it now.

Also, is anyone worried about Philly going forward??

Even if Noel is gone they still have Embiid, Simmons, Saric, and Okafor under rookie contracts plus likely TWO top 10 picks in a loaded draft (Fultz/Ball and Monk/Giles). Yikes. Even if they are not winning, they have all the tools to get there eventually.

Sounds like Minnesota.... and Lakers... and Bucks...
Winning takes more time than people think.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens