Author Topic: IT+Crowder+Both Nets picks  (Read 1904 times)

IT+Crowder+Both Nets picks
« on: January 05, 2017, 02:50:37 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
For Anthony Davis.  Would you do this? Its crazy trade season.  I think I would.   Smart, Jaylen plus Davis and Horford and Bradley.  I think trading IT would be ok there.

I don't think anyone is untradeable on this team if it's for the right player.  That opens things up but the Pelicans hang up? Or would they have to listen to that huge offer?

Re: IT+Crowder+Both Nets picks
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 02:56:19 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I mention almost the same trade before. Some just say AD is untradeable or that C's can't compete without keeping IT or Crowder. I'd absolutely do the deal if I can keep the 2018 Nets pick and replace it with C's own 2018 instead. Think both nets picks and those players are a little too much as AD is still often injured.

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 03:26:34 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
That team would be crazy.  I would do it.

Smart
Bradley
Jaylen
Davis
Horford

is banking on Smart and Jaylen but with HOrford, Davis and Bradley we would be fine.  Keep Rozier and Jerebko.

I'm high on Smart and Brown though.  Plus AB.  I think they are going to be very good if they aren't already.

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 04:27:35 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
at first, no, but when you think about it, it makes sense. The pelicans would still be competitive, and would get young assets, maybe they would prefer Brown in place of Crowder(don't know about the salary matching and stuff, of a filler like Zeler or Amir would do)
We are going to have to pay IT a near max deal after next year, so I would rather have Davis
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 08:33:24 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Of course you would, but the Pelicans wouldn't as that trade makes no sense for them.  Why would they trade Davis only to acquire players that would help them win games this year that aren't young prospects.  Trade makes no sense for N.O. aside from the picks. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 08:40:51 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Of course you would, but the Pelicans wouldn't as that trade makes no sense for them.

This. A superstar big man in his prime and signed to a long term contract is untouchable, at least until he becomes a malcontent.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 10:31:28 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Of course you would, but the Pelicans wouldn't as that trade makes no sense for them.

This. A superstar big man in his prime and signed to a long term contract is untouchable, at least until he becomes a malcontent.
Well yeah, but even if they were going to trade him acquiring Thomas and Crowder doesn't make sense.  They would want Brown and Smart in addition to both Brooklyn picks.  They would also want to unload Asik and as much long term salary as possible. 

If Davis demanded a trade, something like this might appeal to N.O.

Boston - Davis, Asik, Hill
New Orleans - Johnson, Jerekbo, Brown, Smart, Zeller, Young, BOS 17, BKN 18

Boston post-trade with 3 open roster spots (for vets)

PG - Thomas, Rozier, Jackson
SG - Bradley, Green
SF - Crowder, Hill
PF - Davis, Olynyk, Mickey
C - Horford, Asik

Now that team would be a real threat to Cleveland and Golden State and still has some room to fill in the bench with some vets or DLeague players.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip