Author Topic: Is Mason Plumlee Available?  (Read 816 times)

Is Mason Plumlee Available?
« on: January 04, 2017, 10:51:25 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
After all the contracts the Blazers handed out, they did not get an extension done with Plumlee. Now the Blazers have a ton of money committed to a bunch of role players, but they won't have much left over for a solid starting center.

He is only an average rebounder (career he has been about a 60% rebounder per chance adjusted), but he is athletic, active, smart, and a great team player. He sets good picks, defends the rim pretty well, and is athletic enough to defend the pick-and-roll. He is a very good passer this year and an exciting finisher at the rim.

He seems like a CBS type of player due to his IQ.

Is he a trade option so that we can get rights to match offers? Could we go after him in the off-season.

Re: Is Mason Plumlee Available?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 10:59:56 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Strikes me as a backup and not an upgrade from Amir.

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 11:12:45 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I'm not a huge fan, but if the trade were no more than James Young and the Clippers 1st, I would not lose sleep over it.  Now that he's become a somewhat capable passer, he'd at least be an upgrade on Zeller.

I don't think he's a long term piece for the team tho, so his restricted free agency offers little value.

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 11:16:42 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I'm sure he's gettable, but he wouldn't be a marked upgrade over any of our bigs.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 11:18:42 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
Mason's problem is the same as Noel's - his current team values him more than he's worth to Boston in this current season and you can probably sign him away in free agency if you're really all-in on him. His passing makes him a good fit in Stevens' system and he's not a wreck on defense, but I'm certainly not giving up a Brooklyn pick, Jaylen, or Smart for his RFA rights.