Author Topic: Phoenix Trade Idea  (Read 978 times)

Phoenix Trade Idea
« on: January 04, 2017, 10:06:49 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Tyson Chandler for Amir Johnson + Rights to Ante Zizic

Tyson would fix a lot of our rebounding and rim protection needs.

Re: Phoenix Trade Idea
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 10:09:00 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
Fair to say Ainge won't be taking on Chandler's contract, much less giving up what amounts to a first to do so. You could probably get a pick from Phoenix just for taking Chandler off their hands.

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 10:09:26 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
It's not bad but I'd prefer young legs over Chandler.  Amir is better at this point and Zizic.

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 10:15:34 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Amir is better than Chandler? C'mon...

I would rather we swap in one of our boatload of 1st round piks rather than Zizic because he has shown such potential even though he is years away.

The purpose of the thread was to highlight Chandler as a target who would fill a huge need and who hasn't been discussed much as a target.

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 10:19:34 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Yuck.  This is a Smitty-level bad trade idea.

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 10:23:47 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Chandler is always hurt.  Amir is at least reliable. He might not do everything b ut he's mobile enough..  I just don't think Chandler is iit.   The Knicks defense wasn't any better with him.

It's not bad in the sense the celtics can find guys and go to the scrap heap though.

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 10:25:47 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
If Chandler was a free agent even with his contract I would question whether the celtics would even sign him though.  Why do we even want him?  I'd prefer Amir.

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 10:28:47 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
This kind of short-term thinking put the Wizards in perpetual limbo, even though they have a couple of good players.

You can't make short-term decisions that affect long-term prospects, unless you have a short title window.

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 10:31:27 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Amir should get more credit for the success IT4 has had in the pick and roll.   Guy sets professional picks & they've developed a nice little rhythm together.  I'd only include him as a salary filler in a blockbuster deal.  The chemistry is too important right now to tinker around the edges. 

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 10:32:56 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51

I would rather we swap in one of our boatload of 1st round piks rather than Zizic because he has shown such potential even though he is years away.

The purpose of the thread was to highlight Chandler as a target who would fill a huge need and who hasn't been discussed much as a target.

The problem with Chandler isn't what he'd do on the court this season (he'd be fine, but not good enough to make Boston a threat to Cleveland/GS), it's that he's making eight figures through 2019. Ainge is going to be chasing more high-level free agents this coming summer and Chandler would prevent him from having the space to do that. If they go after a veteran big man to grab rebounds and defend the rim it'll be Bogut (and his expiring contract), not Chandler.

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 10:37:25 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I honestly think players like Chandler are overvalued. They are on bad teams for a reason because bad teams sign these guys in hopes some gullible championship contender will give them something for him.

The celtics are smarter than that.  No one wanted chandler for a reason and he's on a bad team because he's bottom  of the barrell.

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 10:54:55 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

The problem with Chandler isn't what he'd do on the court this season (he'd be fine, but not good enough to make Boston a threat to Cleveland/GS), it's that he's making eight figures through 2019. Ainge is going to be chasing more high-level free agents this coming summer and Chandler would prevent him from having the space to do that. If they go after a veteran big man to grab rebounds and defend the rim it'll be Bogut (and his expiring contract), not Chandler.
bingo, nailed it.