Author Topic: McDaniels and Garropolo  (Read 1888 times)

McDaniels and Garropolo
« on: January 04, 2017, 12:04:31 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Why get rid of these guys?  Sign McDaniels to a long term deal and promise when Bill leaves the game.  And Garropolo he same.  They are basically superman  part 2.  Brady isn't old and can play for a long time, at least another 5 years, is the issue but who cares.

Brady should retire in 3 and there should be a promise there.

The media loves to stir stuff up.  The pats developed these guys and should reap the rewards.

Re: McDaniels and Garropolo
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 12:07:44 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
The pats qb situation is absurd. They drafted Brisset as even more insurance to Garapollo in 5 years or 3 if they lose hiim but even still.   lol.  keep all that stuff.  They are great for the next 20 years regardless.

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 12:19:47 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Not a bad plan but there's a few problems with it.

I'm all for extending McDaniels and promising him he's belichicks heir. Problem is that could be a while and mcdaniels may not want to wait such a long time.

Garopolo the problem is twofold. First, like McDaniels he's gonna want to be a starting QB. You can't give him a set date by which he is the starter because that is giving tom Brady an expiration date which doesn't seem too wise.

More importantly Jimmy is gonna get paid. Do we really want to spend big money on our backup QB? There are so many other positions of need. Plus there's the draft picks you could get for him.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 03:17:27 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I don't begrudge anyone the opportunity to try to fulfill their dreams, but I think McDaniels is best off staying put. Seems to me he's a great offensive mind but not much of a head coach.

And despite the fact that Houston threw away tons of money on a mostly unproven Brock Osweiler, I'm sure that some team will do similar with Garropolo (even though I do think he's a better QB than Osweiler).
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 07:03:43 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I'd much rather see Matt Patricia become head coach after Bill retires - McDaniels is a great offensive coach but I just think a coach with a defensive background is the better choice in almost all cases.  As for Garopolo, he'll get a good offer and end up elsewhere. It's a bit unfortunate since he looked good for is, but he just doesn't line up with Brady's timetable.  If/when we lose him, Bill will draft another QB in a middle round and we'll see what they can do
I'm bitter.