Author Topic: Idea: 2 Moves to Contend?  (Read 900 times)

Idea: 2 Moves to Contend?
« on: January 03, 2017, 01:16:47 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
How I think we should try to become a contender.  In my head & logistically the salary cap situations should work (if you coordinate when contracts expire).  But then again you never know what player will want what money.  I want to add Khris Middleton and Gordon Hayward.
Trade: AB and picks for Khris Middleton
- the goal here is 1) bigger player who fits more into our switch defense 2) all around player like AB except IMO better on offense and worse on defense (we need more offense) 3) hes a better shooter
Sign: Sign Gordon Hayward in the offseason

Starters:
Isaiah
Khris Middleton
Gordon Hayward
Jae Crowder
Al Horford
Bench:
Smart
Olynyk
Brown

Lmk what you guys think contract-wise, trade-wise, sign-wise, and contender-wise
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 08:55:43 AM by bmac934 »

Re: Idea: 2 Moves to Contend?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 12:40:11 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Middleton just signed a 5-year, $70m contract with the Bucks. I don't see them trading that (as it might turn out to be a steal, depending on how he looks on his return and how much other FAs get paid in coming offseasons) for an Avery Bradley who is due a payday. Milwaukee rightfully feels that if they can bring out a Middleton/Parker/Giannis trio flanked by guys like Henson, Teletovic and Brogdan, they have a nice up-and-coming group poised to challenge in the East as Lebron eventually fades. Not sure why they would trade for AB now.

I'm all for signing Hayward in the offseason.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

Re: Idea: 2 Moves to Contend?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 12:50:31 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I don't think we can "contend" with Crowder as our starting PF.  We would have "tweeners" at 3, 4, and 5 to go along with the smallest PG in the league.