Author Topic: Jazz (22-13) at Celtics (20-14) Game #35 1/3/17  (Read 40058 times)

Re: Jazz (22-13) at Celtics (20-14) Game #35 1/3/17
« Reply #375 on: January 04, 2017, 12:15:30 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Another thing I'd point out is that Hayward had a bit of a dirty foul on Jae -- a push from behind that sent him into the base of the stanchion on a drive.  Wouldn't be surprised if a bit of the extra emotion were coming from that play too.

After which Hayward offered Jae a hand. Jae refused.

Correct.  Garnett would have refused too.

« Reply #376 on: January 04, 2017, 12:17:11 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
I really have no problem with Jae going off a little.  He's having a terrific year.  The only player who has a higher combination of FG%, 3-point % and FT% is Kyrie.  I think Hayward is a better player, but I'd be excited for Crowder to prove me wrong.  And tonight, Jae was the better player.
One costs you $5 million - the other is going to cost you $25 million.  Who's the better buy?

Considering I'm pushing the Hayward/Crowder 3/4 lineup, that's pretty irrelevant to me.

Yeesh, I'm not so sure about being that small. Our rebounding is already terrible, and that might even accentuate it even more.

« Reply #377 on: January 04, 2017, 12:19:33 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I really have no problem with Jae going off a little.  He's having a terrific year.  The only player who has a higher combination of FG%, 3-point % and FT% is Kyrie.  I think Hayward is a better player, but I'd be excited for Crowder to prove me wrong.  And tonight, Jae was the better player.
One costs you $5 million - the other is going to cost you $25 million.  Who's the better buy?

Considering I'm pushing the Hayward/Crowder 3/4 lineup, that's pretty irrelevant to me.

Yeesh, I'm not so sure about being that small. Our rebounding is already terrible, and that might even accentuate it even more.

I don't think they can sell Hayward in FA without an upgrade to the frontcourt..
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #378 on: January 04, 2017, 12:19:47 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
I think we all better hope that Jae cools it a little because he is likely to be the only bargain contract we have in a couple of years. I realize that we have room for another max this offseason, but with IT/AB/Smart ready to sign humongous contracts in 2018, ownership might not want to shell out that kind-of money.

I always just assumed AB would be the guy getting moved, but Crowder might already have one foot out the door. I am loving his game, though - hopefully he is just a bit emotional.

Got a feeling that Jae is a little bit irked about his contract right about now, too, though that's mostly his fault for having a career year after signing a five year deal. Wouldn't be surprised that he'd be against the idea of a slightly better player in Hayward making 20+ million more than him, especially on the same team.

He probably would've got a  contract twice that size at around $15M this past summer.

« Reply #379 on: January 04, 2017, 12:24:47 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I think we all better hope that Jae cools it a little because he is likely to be the only bargain contract we have in a couple of years. I realize that we have room for another max this offseason, but with IT/AB/Smart ready to sign humongous contracts in 2018, ownership might not want to shell out that kind-of money.

I always just assumed AB would be the guy getting moved, but Crowder might already have one foot out the door. I am loving his game, though - hopefully he is just a bit emotional.

Got a feeling that Jae is a little bit irked about his contract right about now, too, though that's mostly his fault for having a career year after signing a five year deal. Wouldn't be surprised that he'd be against the idea of a slightly better player in Hayward making 20+ million more than him, especially on the same team.

He probably would've got a  contract twice that size at around $15M this past summer.

He may be to an extent, but he's making more than IT this season and next combined.  And there's nothing to be done about it now

« Reply #380 on: January 04, 2017, 12:27:08 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Another thing I'd point out is that Hayward had a bit of a dirty foul on Jae -- a push from behind that sent him into the base of the stanchion on a drive.  Wouldn't be surprised if a bit of the extra emotion were coming from that play too.

It wasn't a criticism of Jae. I'm just saying he was definitely heated.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #381 on: January 04, 2017, 12:38:27 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
I think Jae Crowder has lost his mind. He's not going anywhere since we locked him up. This is all clearly talk but he seriously needs to chill. He's a role player

Crowder's a good player on a good contract that plays with heart. I don't think this is really a big deal.

Celtics take a player at his position #3, the talking heads are obsessed with Hayward (who is also a good/not great player), and Jae has been injured. Naturally the sports blogs/media looks at SF as a position to improve. Jae being upset is certainly not a shocking conclusion.

The fans were great tonight- Jae is full of it when referencing the fans.

« Reply #382 on: January 04, 2017, 12:44:15 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
I like you, Jae, but come on, you're not as good as Hayward.

Hayward might have the edge, but its not that far off. Hayward doesn't dominate the way IT does. I do not want to give Hayward big money. I would take Jae at $7m over Hayward at $20m+ 10 out of 10 times.

« Reply #383 on: January 04, 2017, 03:06:12 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I like you, Jae, but come on, you're not as good as Hayward.

Hayward might have the edge, but its not that far off. Hayward doesn't dominate the way IT does. I do not want to give Hayward big money. I would take Jae at $7m over Hayward at $20m+ 10 out of 10 times.

Oh, I probably would too, especially if the savings allow Boston to get another legit star.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #384 on: January 04, 2017, 11:30:28 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Correct .....it's not college ball.....it's a paid battle ..... during the game your enemies .   I even noticed the Lopez bothers looked a little PO'd at each other few nights back . 

« Reply #385 on: January 05, 2017, 06:17:30 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Embiid might miss the game against us on Friday due to illness.

All these players with migraines, food poisoning, illnesses and fever in late Dec. and early Jan., quite a coincidence  :police:

« Reply #386 on: January 05, 2017, 07:30:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Embiid might miss the game against us on Friday due to illness.

All these players with migraines, food poisoning, illnesses and fever in late Dec. and early Jan., quite a coincidence  :police:

Called tanking