Author Topic: Hear me out: Amir and Zeller for Tyreke and Asik  (Read 1642 times)

Hear me out: Amir and Zeller for Tyreke and Asik
« on: January 02, 2017, 11:10:56 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I realize that this cannot be done until January 15th, when Zeller is trade eligible.  Danny has always been infatuated with Tyreke.  Tyreke, IF he can stay healthy, could be our Turner replacement that we have so missed in our second unit.  We also might be able to re-up him long-term for around $12 million per.

Asik can still defend.  Yes, he is HORRIBLE offensively, and we would be paying him thru the 2020 season, but only at an average of $10.5 million per.

And, we are giving up very little.

I would rather pick up Monroe, but this could be, say, a Plan C if there are no other trades on the table.

Thoughts?

Smitty77

Re: Hear me out: Amir and Zeller for Tyreke and Asik
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 11:23:46 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
No thank you.

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 11:29:32 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
No thank you.

WHY?  Is it because you so value our two expirings and the incredible production they have blessed us with this year??

Smitty77

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 11:33:32 AM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Yuck.

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 11:33:52 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I'd rather have the cap space next summer.

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 11:37:48 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
No thank you.

WHY?  Is it because you so value our two expirings and the incredible production they have blessed us with this year??

Smitty77

Because we don't need Tyreke and Asik hasn't been even an average NBA center for a couple of seasons.  Have you watched him play this year or last?  It's disapponting.  I can think of many many better ways to spend his salary over the next three seasons.  I would rather have Amir on this team, and I'm not trying to compliment Amir.  It's a really bad trade idea.  There's a reason Asik plays only 17 minutes a game on a bad team, and it's not because Asik is too good for them.

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 11:57:28 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
You guys are right!!!  This was a rash trade idea built around Danny's many year infatuation with Tyreke Evans and the FACT that he could be our Evan Turner!!  I realize that some of you do NOT think that we miss Evan, but I think we miss him MORE than anyone on this team!!!

Asik is still an effective space defender, but his offensive limitations kill him.

Smitty77

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 12:54:02 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I really think Tyreke will likely sign a short-term deal with the next team on a prove-it contract, and probably with a playoff team.

During that year, I expect him to prove that he can an upper-tier starter in the NBA.

I still believe in his talent, but he has had terrible coaching in his career so far.

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 12:56:46 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
I really think Tyreke will likely sign a short-term deal with the next team on a prove-it contract, and probably with a playoff team.

During that year, I expect him to prove that he can an upper-tier starter in the NBA.

I still believe in his talent, but he has had terrible coaching in his career so far.

If we trade for him this year, that would give us the heads up chance to be the team getting him on that "prove it" short-term contract:-)))

Smitty77

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 01:08:00 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Asik's contract is poison even after the cap spikes. Like seriously he should be on the vet's min. Evans is injured isn't he? Not sure we need a Turner replacement anyway, what this team needs is either a superstar or a rental rebounding big who doesn't mess up our offensive game plan

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 01:27:13 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Asik's contract is poison even after the cap spikes. Like seriously he should be on the vet's min. Evans is injured isn't he? Not sure we need a Turner replacement anyway, what this team needs is either a superstar or a rental rebounding big who doesn't mess up our offensive game plan

Evans has returned from injury.  Minutes are still relatively low as he's been out 10 months, but his last two games he's put up lines of 12/5/5 in only 16 minutes, and 16/5/4 in 18 minutes.  I have no objection to acquiring Evans other than I don't think he has a role on this team.  But he's still a good player when healthy.

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 01:46:56 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Pass. Don't want to waste the cap space on Assik.

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 01:49:24 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Evans could be a really nice boost to the bench and I think he could be even better than turner, but I hat Asik. I think he might actually hurt our front line which already sucks and he has a gross impact on our cap.

Also adding Evans creates a huge logjam in the backcourt.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2017, 02:34:52 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
The only way I want Asik on this team is if taking his contract is a prerequisite for any AD trade.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers