Author Topic: Rondo finished?  (Read 12738 times)

Re: Rondo finished?
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2017, 08:22:38 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2017, 09:12:16 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
http://www.nba.com/article/2017/01/16/morning-tip-rajon-rondo-future-chicago-bulls
All I kept thinking when reading that article was how perfect he would be in Cleveland or Golden State leading the second unit and playing with those excellent shooters.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2017, 09:46:16 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
http://www.nba.com/article/2017/01/16/morning-tip-rajon-rondo-future-chicago-bulls
All I kept thinking when reading that article was how perfect he would be in Cleveland or Golden State leading the second unit and playing with those excellent shooters.

I'd love to see him head to Cleveland on a buyout. As much as he frustrates me, I think he'd be awesome as Lebron's teammate.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2017, 10:09:24 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I'd love to see him head to Cleveland on a buyout. As much as he frustrates me, I think he'd be awesome as Lebron's teammate.

I would hate that.  I really don't like it when top teams get rotation players on minimum deals after the deadline.  Filling out the break-glass-in-case-of-emergency roster spots is one thing, but someone who is expected to give 15-20 quality minutes a game?  It's one of the things that helps create super teams.

« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2017, 10:09:44 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
So would I.

Watching him stop the basketball in Cleveland would make me laugh.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2017, 10:47:42 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
IMHO he was "finished" in the year of 2014
i loved this guy as a part of the celtics contender team, but as his ego evolved and outgrew himself, he became a guy you love to root against, and a guy you do not want anywhere near your team.

This, pretty much.

Rondo reportedly had interest in the Nets as well during this past off-season. Maybe Brooklyn will be another landing spot for him?

Hope so. Tank commander Rondo, I'd watch all 82 games.  ;D

« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2017, 10:57:06 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey

I would hate that.  I really don't like it when top teams get rotation players on minimum deals after the deadline.  Filling out the break-glass-in-case-of-emergency roster spots is one thing, but someone who is expected to give 15-20 quality minutes a game?  It's one of the things that helps create super teams.

The NBA is better with 'super teams'. Ratings are almost always up, and it's more interesting theatre watching two generational type teams go at it. Maybe Cavs/Warriors will rival the Celtics/Lakers rivalry of the 80's.

« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2017, 10:26:05 AM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25

« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2017, 10:26:46 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2017, 10:54:02 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2017, 11:08:01 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
They should just buy him out at this point just to get him off the roster. That environment right now is toxic.

If he does get traded, CLE would be a good spot for him imo. Team full of shooters that he could create offense for off the bench.

« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2017, 02:02:08 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

The NBA is better with 'super teams'. Ratings are almost always up, and it's more interesting theatre watching two generational type teams go at it. Maybe Cavs/Warriors will rival the Celtics/Lakers rivalry of the 80's.

I actually think the NBA is worst for super teams. Aside from the Celtics, I am watching less basketball than ever. This past weekend was a great example of this. Living in the bay area I used to get pretty excited about the OKC Golden State games and the Clipper Golden State games. They were 8 games a year (along with the San Antonio, Cleveland and Celtics matches) that you knew were most likely going to be good close competitive games. However, now OKC is gutted and the Warriors are up a level so the games are not really worth watching. I realize Paul was hurt, but the Warriors were 13.5 point favorites for the Clippers game which is equivalent to Duke playing Rhode Island in basketball. I was less interested and justifiably so as it was a 40 point blowout. It is pretty boring non-competitive basketball a lot of the time and can't imagine people like it.

« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2017, 02:05:43 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I actually think the NBA is worst for super teams. Aside from the Celtics, I am watching less basketball than ever. This past weekend was a great example of this. Living in the bay area I used to get pretty excited about the OKC Golden State games and the Clipper Golden State games. They were 8 games a year (along with the San Antonio, Cleveland and Celtics matches) that you knew were most likely going to be good close competitive games. However, now OKC is gutted and the Warriors are up a level so the games are not really worth watching. I realize Paul was hurt, but the Warriors were 13.5 point favorites for the Clippers game which is equivalent to Duke playing Rhode Island in basketball. I was less interested and justifiably so as it was a 40 point blowout. It is pretty boring non-competitive basketball a lot of the time and can't imagine people like it.
regular season you are right, but the super teams are fantastic for the league in the playoffs.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2017, 09:29:38 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

regular season you are right, but the super teams are fantastic for the league in the playoffs.

If only the playoffs were good. Most of the playoffs asides from
Conference finals and finals are also now boring for this very reason. So play 95 games for 10 good ones?