Author Topic: Rondo finished?  (Read 12756 times)

Re: Rondo finished?
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2017, 10:33:53 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Keep your head to the sky, Rondo.

Some would prefer to focus on post-BOS Rondo but I'll focus on CELTIC Rondo - from 08-12.

Folks should not kick others when they're down. That stuff comes back on you.

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2017, 11:58:37 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
My guess? Rondo gets packaged with some combination of youth and/or picks to Miami in a trade for Goran Dragic. Either that or Sacramento shrugs and runs things back with him with any number of possible combinations of contracts attached to unhappy/redundant players.

« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2017, 12:08:27 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
My guess? Rondo gets packaged with some combination of youth and/or picks to Miami in a trade for Goran Dragic. Either that or Sacramento shrugs and runs things back with him with any number of possible combinations of contracts attached to unhappy/redundant players.

My guess? Rondo is waived and ends up overseas. He's burned too many bridges and blown too many chances in the NBA.

« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2017, 12:10:26 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321

Some would prefer to focus on post-BOS Rondo but I'll focus on CELTIC Rondo - from 08-12.

I completely agree. If I could give you a 100 TPs I would. There are too many internet tough guys that say lousy things, but wouldn't make a peep if Rondo was in the room.

I'd like to think that I focus on the good sides of people. Reading about how X, Y, or Z is a terrible person or a cancer or blah blah blah is more telling of the person using such words than their intended target.

« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2017, 06:30:18 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Going to be 6th man It seems. Glad for him. He may have a role there.  Be interesting My Friends to watch!!!!
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2017, 07:25:26 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

TP.  I'm still rooting for Rondo.  Loved him in his prime for the Celtics and deeply appreciate what he gave to our team.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2017, 09:44:11 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57

I completely agree. If I could give you a 100 TPs I would. There are too many internet tough guys that say lousy things, but wouldn't make a peep if Rondo was in the room.

I'd like to think that I focus on the good sides of people. Reading about how X, Y, or Z is a terrible person or a cancer or blah blah blah is more telling of the person using such words than their intended target.

So what did Rondo using homophobic slurs towards a referee say about him vice his intended target again?

« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2017, 09:57:34 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

So what did Rondo using homophobic slurs towards a referee say about him vice his intended target again?

Well, RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDY (did I get the "A" count right?) I honestly don't know being that he's apologized for that unfortunate comment several times now.

Furthermore - how fortuitous that you'd bring something up like this in THIS thread of all places, causing a deflection of it.

« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2017, 10:14:43 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

Well, RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDY (did I get the "A" count right?) I honestly don't know being that he's apologized for that unfortunate comment several times now.

Furthermore - how fortuitous that you'd bring something up like this in THIS thread of all places, causing a deflection of it.

Hypocritical much?

« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2017, 10:16:39 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Hypocritical much?

How? Please explain.

And before you go digging holes I seriously hope you have a big enough shovel.

« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2017, 08:00:12 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum

You know, it's a funny thing with apologies. Typically you apologize to the person you hurt, not in a press release to get people off your back. He hasn't apologized to that ref, or hadn't as of the start of the season.

By the way, the coverage over incident that forced him to come out publicly (it was known in NBA circles but not to the general public)...

The guy is a jerk, this isn't a particularly new development, and you sticking your head in the sand doesn't change reality.

« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2017, 07:04:12 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
For RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDY -

"Yesterday, I said that my words toward Bill Kennedy were unacceptable and did not reflect my feelings toward the LGBT community," Rondo said in a statement. "Some have interpreted my comments as a non-apology. I want to be clear, from the bottom of my heart that I am truly sorry for what I said to Bill. There is not place on or off the court for language that disrespects anyone's sexual orientation. That is not who I am or what I believe and I will strive every day to be a better person."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/kings/2015/12/15/rajon-rondo-formal-apology-bill-kennedy-gay-nba-referee/77381534/

I personally don't know how much more formal you can get with that....did you want him to meet with Mr. Kennedy in person - for the CAMERAS - and apologize that way?

Any word on whether Mr. Kennedy accepted?

And if Rajon Rondo is a jerk then we'd BETTER GET HIM AWAY from these kids...

https://theundefeated.com/features/rajon-rondo-mentors-chicago-boys/

Of course buried in the Abyss that ESPN.com can be at times is an article that I stumbled across a while ago.

Randy - TO ME Rajon Rondo is a WARRIOR. He was the starting PG for a Banner-winning Boston Celtics team AND a team that was contending for several years after that. KG's visit to UTAH in 2009 being perhaps the MAIN THING that kept Rajon (and BOS) from winning at least one more.

Indeed - he left it on the floor - LITERALLY - in BOS

And seemingly was never the same physically after he was traded from BOS.

It can be said (at least by ME) that Rajon Rondo's BEST YEARS were in BOSTON. To ME - there is NO GREATER HONOR.

2006-07 All-Rookie (2nd)
2008-09 All-Defensive (2nd)
2009-10 All-Defensive (1st)
2010-11 All-Defensive (1st)
2011-12 All-Defensive (2nd)
2011-12 All-NBA (3rd)

All-Star Games

2010 NBA
2011 NBA
2012 NBA
2013 NBA

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 07:09:48 PM by GreenFaith1819 »

« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2017, 07:21:44 PM »

Offline fingerlakes

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18469349/cleveland-cavaliers-gm-says-team-not-done-making-trades

Rajon still has some game left,  just not what he once was.  I think he would fit in well as a backup in Cleveland.  The man loves the limelight and played some of his best ball in the playoffs with the C's.  Would be good insurance in case Kylie is hobbling, which is often. Lebron likes to dominate the ball similar to Rondo, but I think the two them could figure it out. Rondo could sure get Lebron some easy buckets if allowed to handle the offence in spurts.  They sure must have lots of respect for each other after all the playoff battles years ago.

« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2017, 07:48:26 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

"Yesterday, I said that my words toward Bill Kennedy were unacceptable and did not reflect my feelings toward the LGBT community," Rondo said in a statement. "Some have interpreted my comments as a non-apology. I want to be clear, from the bottom of my heart that I am truly sorry for what I said to Bill. There is not place on or off the court for language that disrespects anyone's sexual orientation. That is not who I am or what I believe and I will strive every day to be a better person."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/kings/2015/12/15/rajon-rondo-formal-apology-bill-kennedy-gay-nba-referee/77381534/

I personally don't know how much more formal you can get with that....did you want him to meet with Mr. Kennedy in person - for the CAMERAS - and apologize that way?

Of course buried in the Abyss that ESPN.com can be at times is an article that I stumbled across a while ago.

Randy - TO ME Rajon Rondo is a WARRIOR. He was the starting PG for a Banner-winning Boston Celtics team AND a team that was contending for several years after that. KG's visit to UTAH in 2009 being perhaps the MAIN THING that kept Rajon (and BOS) from winning at least one more.

It can be said (at least by ME) that Rajon Rondo's BEST YEARS were in BOSTON. To ME - there is NO GREATER HONOR.

2006-07 All-Rookie (2nd)
2011-12 All-NBA (3rd)

All-Star Games

2010 NBA
2011 NBA
2012 NBA
2013 NBA

Got to say Randy couldn't have been more wrong on the apology part. As far as celebrity/athlete apologies that is about as apologetic as they get.

« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2017, 10:07:42 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum

2006-07 All-Rookie (2nd)
2011-12 All-NBA (3rd)

All-Star Games

2010 NBA
2011 NBA
2012 NBA
2013 NBA

Got to say Randy couldn't have been more wrong on the apology part. As far as celebrity/athlete apologies that is about as apologetic as they get.

Wrong? Where is there did he apologize to the guy? He sent out an oh btw my bad press release.

Rondo made a press release which he had to touch up again because he botched it so bad the first time. And no, he's never reached out to Bill Kennedy to actually you know apologize to him. Or at least he hadn't as of the start of this season. This is the equivalent of changing your facebook status rather than calling somebody to apologize in person. It's a coward move.

If your standard for apologies is celebrity/athlete apologies then congrats on having a moral compass that's probably stored on top of the world's strongest magnet.