Author Topic: Trouble brewing in Indiana with Paul George?  (Read 4758 times)

Re: Trouble brewing in Indiana with Paul George?
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2016, 08:13:48 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=88303.0

I wrote this post some days ago. You guys think PG13 could make us a legit contender IF we did get him? How about Jimmy Butler?

Price may be high for either but probably "at minimum" Nets Pick + Bradley/Crowder (only one) and filler/future picks. I don't think it's worth it but lots of people here say it is.

You still need a Big who can rebound!
PG is a much better shooter than Butler. PG + a legit C who can control the box and u beat the King

Can the Celtics afford to keep all of IT, Bradley or Smart, PG13, the supposed "legit big" after 2018? That's going to be a HUGE luxury tax...

With Wyc's money and the price they charge for beer at games I think they can afford it!  :laugh:

Re: Trouble brewing in Indiana with Paul George?
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2016, 08:36:34 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=88303.0

I wrote this post some days ago. You guys think PG13 could make us a legit contender IF we did get him? How about Jimmy Butler?

Price may be high for either but probably "at minimum" Nets Pick + Bradley/Crowder (only one) and filler/future picks. I don't think it's worth it but lots of people here say it is.

You still need a Big who can rebound!
PG is a much better shooter than Butler. PG + a legit C who can control the box and u beat the King

Can the Celtics afford to keep all of IT, Bradley or Smart, PG13, the supposed "legit big" after 2018? That's going to be a HUGE luxury tax...

With Wyc's money and the price they charge for beer at games I think they can afford it!  :laugh:

Better hope it's enough to challenge Cleveland and Golden State.

Otherwise, $$$ down the drain if it's a middle of the pack team still...
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller