Author Topic: Official Ante Zizic Darussafaka Thread  (Read 45188 times)

Re: Official Ante Zizic Darussafaka Thread
« Reply #225 on: March 20, 2017, 10:00:03 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
"Want some good news, #Celtics fans? @ante_zizic got 18 points (7/7 FG, 4/5 FT) and six boards in 21 minutes as Darussafaka won 88-57 in TBL."

https://twitter.com/Timi_093

"Ante Zizic stood out once again for the winners, as he finished the game with 18 points and 6 rebounds, followed by double-digit performances by Will Clyburn (17p.) and Scottie Wilbekin (11 p.)."

http://www.eurohoops.net/en/tbl/419602/zizic-leads-darussafaka-road-win-ted-kolejliler/

« Reply #226 on: March 20, 2017, 01:47:25 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Physically and athletically, Zizic reminds me some of Cole Aldrich. The way Zizic moves reminds me of Aldrich. The athleticism, the quickness, the leaping ability reminds me of Aldrich.

Clearly more comfortable in the post on offense than Aldrich. Plus looks an inch or so taller.

How many white seven-footers are left for us to compare him to in this thread?

Great words from a great man

« Reply #227 on: March 20, 2017, 01:51:27 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Physically and athletically, Zizic reminds me some of Cole Aldrich. The way Zizic moves reminds me of Aldrich. The athleticism, the quickness, the leaping ability reminds me of Aldrich.

Clearly more comfortable in the post on offense than Aldrich. Plus looks an inch or so taller.

Have you covered all the Plumlees and Zellers?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #228 on: March 20, 2017, 02:01:18 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

I've compared him to Al Horford and Kendrick Perkins several times. Both in terms of body type, run gate and playing style.

« Reply #229 on: March 20, 2017, 02:04:50 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

Well now that you mention it, Tom Boerwinkle comes to mind.

« Reply #230 on: March 20, 2017, 02:05:20 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Hes like a modern Moses Malone

« Reply #231 on: March 20, 2017, 03:39:48 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

I've compared him to Al Horford and Kendrick Perkins several times. Both in terms of body type, run gate and playing style.

I like the K.Perkins one. The time it takes them to gather and jump. Perk like Aldrich too.

Zizic less athletic than Valanciunas and Valanciunas is a below par NBA athlete at center.

« Reply #232 on: March 20, 2017, 03:47:27 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I like the K.Perkins one. The time it takes them to gather and jump. Perk like Aldrich too.

Zizic less athletic than Valanciunas and Valanciunas is a below par NBA athlete at center.
There's been so much gushing about this kid, it's nice to see his deficiencies noted.  So, what I am hearing (and seeing in film) is that Zizic is a below-average athlete who can't shoot from the outside and his inside game is based on power, not quickness.  He doesn't sound like the kind of front-court player who will fit into Brad's system.

« Reply #233 on: March 22, 2017, 11:12:13 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

There's been so much gushing about this kid, it's nice to see his deficiencies noted.  So, what I am hearing (and seeing in film) is that Zizic is a below-average athlete who can't shoot from the outside and his inside game is based on power, not quickness.  He doesn't sound like the kind of front-court player who will fit into Brad's system.

He can pass, he has decent touch from the outside, he is good at running the break. He needs time to take off, but that doesnt mean he is slow. There's a reason the staff (Brad included mind you) likes him, along with the scouts and several teams.

« Reply #234 on: March 22, 2017, 11:27:00 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Well now that you mention it, Tom Boerwinkle comes to mind.
There's always the immortal Dwayne Schintzius, too.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #235 on: March 22, 2017, 11:40:55 AM »

Offline detour

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 22
  • Jack of some trades
Today Zizic and Blatt will go up against CSKA Moscow, last champion in Euroleague. Darüşşafaka badly needs a win in Moscow to stay alive in the playoff race. Game is 20 minutes later (12.00 Boston time I guess)

« Reply #236 on: March 22, 2017, 11:46:05 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

Not sure where you get the "below-average athlete".  He certainly doesn't appear that to me.  Much more athletic than a guy like Perkins.  And he does appear to have a decent mid range game, and certainly is a good free throw shooter.

« Reply #237 on: March 22, 2017, 12:03:42 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
Anyone got a link to a stream for zizic's game?
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #238 on: March 22, 2017, 12:08:24 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Not sure where you get the "below-average athlete".  He certainly doesn't appear that to me.  Much more athletic than a guy like Perkins.  And he does appear to have a decent mid range game, and certainly is a good free throw shooter.
Looking at the ample video materials provided in this thread, Zizic looks neither particularly quick closing up space under the basket, or particularly explosive getting off the ground for rebounds or blocks. I haven't seen anything that suggests he's particularly agile, either. I think the below-average athlete is probably fair.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #239 on: March 22, 2017, 12:21:39 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Looking at the ample video materials provided in this thread, Zizic looks neither particularly quick closing up space under the basket, or particularly explosive getting off the ground for rebounds or blocks. I haven't seen anything that suggests he's particularly agile, either. I think the below-average athlete is probably fair.

Here's what Draft Express has to say about him:

NBA teams may wonder what it is that separates Zizic as a starting caliber prospect, as there is nothing extraordinary about his size, length, athleticism or skill-set, even if there's nothing particularly deficient about any of those areas either. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ante-Zizic-68722/ ©DraftExpress

So I'd guess average is probably appropriate.