Author Topic: Which realistic big would help this team the most? What would you give up?  (Read 3978 times)

Re: Which realistic big would help this team the most? What would you give up?
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2016, 01:09:11 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Tyson Chandler for Zeller. Chandler's contract scares me a bit.

Zeller and future 1st for Manimal.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2016, 01:10:41 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146

huummmm.......I think what we need most of all is a Small Forward, a really good one, a 2-way SF.

Yes we could use a big to supplement AHofford - but make no mistake - what we are really lacking and our weakest position is the starting Small Forward.

...heck MSmart is giving us better minutes at the 3 than Jae Crowder.  Unacceptable!!!

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2016, 01:37:43 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

huummmm.......I think what we need most of all is a Small Forward, a really good one, a 2-way SF.

Yes we could use a big to supplement AHofford - but make no mistake - what we are really lacking and our weakest position is the starting Small Forward.

...heck MSmart is giving us better minutes at the 3 than Jae Crowder.  Unacceptable!!!

Yeah, I'd offer jaylen, Zeller, and Nets pick for Paul George.

And Rozier future pick for Noel.

Marcus,  Bradley,  Paul George,  Hortford,  and Noel would be fun to watch.

And you would still have It4, Crowder, Gerald, and Amir.

Plus Jonas

It's a great 10 man rotation.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2016, 01:49:17 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

Plus Jonas

That lineup would be a lot of fun. Especially if our team commits to IT4 and in a few years he moves to the bench to light up other teams 2nd units. I mean can you imagine Ish Smith trying to check IT? It would be hilarious.

Did you mean both Nets picks for him? Because that is a lot. Probably worth it in the end, but man its steep.
#JKJB

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2016, 02:00:44 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119

Plus Jonas

I don't think Larry will trade Paul George. He has him locked in until 2019 - plenty of time to flip other assets for young players or picks, if that's what they want to do. They have a promising young big in Myles Turner and any trade he makes involving PG is one the Pacers lose. It's not like any big free agents are clamoring for Indy.

So, sure, I'd love Paul George, but I don't see it happening. And if it does it's costing us Jaylen, probably one or both Nets picks, as well as Smart or Bradley and salary filler. Potentially more.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2016, 02:07:44 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Kanter for Grizz 1st, Clippers 1st, Jerekbo, Zeller and KO. C's aren't very likely to sign a big FA which is the biggest issue about getting Kanter (cap space). Kanter helps inside scoring and rebounding. Jerekbo and KO would fit nicely as spot up guys for Westbrook to give that team more of what they want. OKC wants shooters and defenders around Westbrook and don't want to hurt their cap.

IT, AB, Green, Horford, Kanter
Smart, Brown, Crowder, AJ, Zizic

Yes I moved Crowder to the bench and brought in Zizic. Consider Europe his D-league stint.

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2016, 02:09:37 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Kanter for Grizz 1st, Clippers 1st, Jerekbo, Zeller and KO. C's aren't very likely to sign a big FA which is the biggest issue about getting Kanter (cap space). Kanter helps inside scoring and rebounding. Jerekbo and KO would fit nicely as spot up guys for Westbrook to give that team more of what they want. OKC wants shooters and defenders around Westbrook and don't want to hurt their cap.

Yes I moved Crowder to the bench and brought in Zizic. Consider Europe his D-league stint.
That's not his name.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2016, 02:13:53 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

That's not his name.
It's the best I can do. Honestly I want to type Jerkbo.

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2016, 02:18:17 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Realistic big targets:
I really like vucevic. In 28mins a game he is avging. 13pts 10rebs 3 assists and 1 block....aND shooting 32% from 3
Compared to horford [our best big] in 32mins: 15 pts 6rebs 5 assists 2 blocks and shooting 30% from 3 [shooting more than vucevic tho]

Im also interested in Noel and Monroe.

Id be willing to trade crowder, KO, rozier, AJ, jj,mickey, zeller

IN no trade am I willing to give up IT4 (only move is to 6th man of the year) smart, bradley, horford, or brown....I wouldn't trad3 any of those for cousins either but I'd throw everything else in there for him

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2016, 02:22:00 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

That's not his name.
Then it should help you that the actual name is less similar to "jerk" since the b comes before the k.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2016, 02:27:17 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

That's not his name.
Then it should help you that the actual name is less similar to "jerk" since the b comes before the k.
It's like a nickname but it's rather unfair as he seems nice and he is only a bench guy. It's the same as when I wanted to write Hordford as a play on the Horde (see WOW) combination with Horford for Hordford. It was not miss spelled but on purpose. Get it?

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2016, 02:31:25 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Of all that has been discussed Vucevic is a really attractive big. The cost makes it appropriate to think hard if this is a guy we want to commit to long term as I believe it will require a pretty good return. I love the thought of him and Al together though. Sign Hayward in offseason and compete with:

Thomas
Bradley
Hayward
Horford
Vucevic

Smart, Brown, Crowder, Rozier, Zizic, Yabusele, Nader, Jackson

Not sure if this is possible salary cap wise but I love that team!

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2016, 03:08:54 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Bogut, for Olynyk - I've had it watching him stand around and watch other people destroy him on the glass - and a low end first rounder.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2016, 03:32:50 PM »

Online The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
Bogut, for Olynyk - I've had it watching him stand around and watch other people destroy him on the glass - and a low end first rounder.
All of the advanced rebounding stuff would beg to differ.  Olynyk rates out best of all the C's bigs this year.  Horford was terrible early on but has done much better the last few weeks.  Zeller, Amir and Jerebko have been some of the worst rebounding bigs in the entire league this year.

None of the offensive rebounds the Cavs obtained last night were K.O.'s fault.  Crowder was awful and the guards were also problematic.