Author Topic: Would iit be worth it trading for Nurikic if Zizic is coming over next year?  (Read 3419 times)

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Been a big fan of Nurkic since before he was drafted. Was a big advocate for trading down for him in the '14 draft. Right now we need a big guy who can defend and rebound. Do you guys think that giving up assets for him would be worth it considering Zizic will be on the team next year and  is a
very similar player?

I think with the emergence of jokic as a borderline start the Nuggets will be more open minded to moving Nurkic.

I was thinking something along the lines of...

BOS gets: Jusuf Nurkic & Wilson Chandler
DEN gets: Tyler Zeller, Kelly Olynyk, Terry Rozier

Are both sides happy with that trade?

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
No because Žižić will be much better player then Nurkić.

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
 I don't like the specific trade but something around Nurkic for Rozier is good start to a trade I think.  We need another good big right now.  I am not sure Denver would do this.  They don't really need Rozier but I would do this type of trade to help balance our roster regardless of when Zizic is due to be added to the team.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I dont see the trade you proposed as being fair for the Nuggets. We are giving up way too little. Best send a pick or two in addition to those players.

Offline showtime

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20
I would rather have Faried instead of Chandler, but I would like that trade!!

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
The correct answer is "yes."
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Getting Chandler and Nurkic without giving up any of our core or the Nets picks would be a steal for us and fill two of our big needs, a legit big man and a wing scorer. I would throw in any non Nets picks to get it done.

Zizic may end up being very good, but it will take him a year or two to adjust and develop. Nurkic is already there in terms of development and Horford and IT aint getting any younger.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Denver is a weird team.  I look at their players, and they should be much better than their record.

Gallo at 3/4
A bigs rotatition of Jokic, Nurkic, and Faried
Wings rotation of Chandler, Harris, Barton, Murray
PGs are Mudiay and Nelson.

So are their PGs really that bad, submarining the rest of what looks like to be a quality roster?  Or am I overvaluing their talent, and if so, am I overrating all of them by a little, or a few of them by a lot?  (I know Murray isn't that special yet, and I guess he's played a little more than ideal due to injuries, but he's still only 7th on the team minutes.)

Anyway, while I do think that PG is their weakest spot, I don't think Rozier is much of an upgrade, if at all, so I don't see why they would make such a trade.

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867

I am not big on Faried (or Chandler at his current contract) but this addresses the problem with the original trade.  We give up two bigs (Zeller and Olynyk) for one big (Nurkic).  If we did that, our big rotation would be what, Horford, Johnson, Nurkic and Mickey?  That is not enough depth even if Nurkic was an upgrade over Olynyk.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

I am not big on Faried (or Chandler at his current contract) but this addresses the problem with the original trade.  We give up two bigs (Zeller and Olynyk) for one big (Nurkic).  If we did that, our big rotation would be what, Horford, Johnson, Nurkic and Mickey?  That is not enough depth even if Nurkic was an upgrade over Olynyk.

We'd have an open roster spot -- D-Mo?

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
The assumption that Zizic can actually play is based on what credible evidence?
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
The assumption that Zizic can actually play is based on what credible evidence?

Statistics, videos, scouting reports, that he was drafted, that a successful Turkish club just paid a sizable sum to get him on their roster for only the rest of the season, and that an executive from his Croatian club resigned in protest that Zizic was transferred to Turkey, just to name a few.  Pray tell, what credible evidence do you have that Zizic cannot in fact play, as implied by your question?

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
No. You can never count on rookies to come in and be successful.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I think I'd rather just do Nurkic for a player and a pick or two.

I think it's tough to assess his value though. Denver sees something they don't like. It's a cliche but he's not a "modern NBA center." His on/off splits this year are really, really bad. On the other hand, his numbers look great and until this year he was viewed as a budding star.

Would KO, the 2017 MIN pick and our 2018 1st rounder do it?

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Jerebko would be our 4th big in that case
I'm bitter.